Review Round 12 vs Adelaide Crows @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 03/06/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the swelling went down and it still wasn't good which is then when it's been discovered.

I didnt ask Lachie all the finer details but I suspect this to be the case. Rested with excess swelling, which is common coming back from an ACL. After a few weeks when things didnt look right, sent for further scans and Bobs your uncle.

Laird 1 match suspension
Huge
Laird was rated second best for Adelaide in their win over Brisbane with 27 disposals, 7 clearances and 16 tackles. Looks like it'll be an intense watch in this thread tomorrow night when the Crows challenge it! I don't like their chances after seeing the vision...

For anyone that hasn't been through this before, David Zita's Twitter account is the go to for these proceedings:

Adelaide match up pretty evenly as a clearance and contested possession team. So if they’re without their best clearance and contested player, we should hopefully win in those areas.

Now we just need to stick someone on Dawson and not let him move an inch.

Laird out is big but I guess so is touk miller, see if they have the depth to cover. Reckon swallow/ Davies match up on Dawson and laird would have been head to head with Rowell, maybe keays runs with Anderson.

On weekend Crows had the highest game average pressure this season so far - 205!

On the other hand, they won 5 games in Adelaide (played total of 7 games there so far) and the only win away was against Hawks. So, one could say that Crows are half team away (I hope the trend continues).

Last edited:
Adelaide match up pretty evenly as a clearance and contested possession team. So if they’re without their best clearance and contested player, we should hopefully win in those areas.

Now we just need to stick someone on Dawson and not let him move an inch.
They got destroyed on the outside against the dogs, but then destroyed lions on the outside (home game)

Won't have that opportunity in Darwin, expecting our NT experience to get us over the line again.

They got destroyed on the outside against the dogs, but then destroyed lions on the outside (home game)

Won't have that opportunity in Darwin, expecting our NT experience to get us over the line again.
It was just crazy territory battle after HT against Bulldogs. Need to win again midfield battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird's hearing scheduled to start at 7pm (just under 10 minutes from now).

Probably not looking good for Laird after Parker's suspension was upheld. We're about to find out Cerra's fate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12 vs Adelaide Crows @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 03/06/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back