Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't seems so on TV but Horse said it was very slippery for the first two qtrs, Ross said the ball was like soap and the pressure great.

Nas has really blossomed, looks so composed.
Clutch goal, only his second in AFL.

We rightly talk about Mitcho, but Nas is racking up possessions, is balanced like Nicky was and uses the ball just as well.

Thought, Wilkie, Doogs, Battle and Stocker stood up, Webster used it beautifully. Backline solid.
Mids got to work in the second and beat Sydney's. Butler was brilliant as a small forward, Hammer had great pressure and Titanic really added a lot when he came on.
Good second half.
* I hate that Papley germ.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with everything here except the Paps thing. AFL is so vanilla these days... Any player with a bit of character or a rough edge gets bagged.
Love players like Pap, Ginny, Greene, DeGoey and pretty much any player the woke media slag off.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Didn't seems so on TV but Horse said it was very slippery for the first two qtrs, Ross said the ball was like soap and the pressure great.

We rightly talk about Mitcho, but Nas is racking up possessions, is balanced like Nicky was and uses the ball just as well.

Thought, Wilkie, Doogs, Battle and Stocker stood up, Webster used it beautifully. Backline solid.
Mids got to work in the second and beat Sydney's. Butler was brilliant as a small forward, Hammer had great pressure and Titanic really added a lot when he came on.
Good second half.

Nas was great but I love Papley, he's good to watch.

Michito san had a pikunikku tonight.

It means Mitch had a picnic tonight, I learnt Japanese at school so I can speak a few random Japanese words and I can count to ten in Japanese.

I bet Michito san can speak better Japanese than me, he surely couldn't be any worse.
I'm going to adopt a Japanese kid and name him Mitchito.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

It means Mitch had a picnic tonight, I learnt Japanese at school so I can speak a few random Japanese words and I can count to ten in Japanese.

I bet Michito san can speak better Japanese than me, he surely couldn't be any worse.

Probably better English and Maths, and other stuff you learnt at school too.

I don't blame the umpire for paying the Blakey free. It was right in front of the umpire, clear head knock, the umpire would be out of a job if he didn't pay that. A year or so ago and it's fine. But it shouldn't even be looked at for suspension. Does anyone know where Christian lives?? Asking for a friend.
Holding the ball piss weak umpiring - Blakey drove his own head into the turf like a dick that he is

That was a game played under finals like pressure, ugly but gritty as *. Sydney and others turned up the heat on us last year and we'd turn to water. We turned the table on them. We had their disposal looking like a bottom 4 side. That is the Saints I want to see, just dirty hard working pressure mongers harassing every touch.

Every win away, every reward for effort game and against the odds win is why we wanted Lyon in. He's starting to show his worth and there are a bunch of kids learning the right way to play and a bunch of old guys being reprogrammed as we go. You are a long way off it when you don't make finals. Make finals and try to nab a win and hit next year with momentum. If you are there and in it there is always a chance of upsetting the script.

I'm really happy with the win

But that's so far off the Saints I want to see it's not funny.

What’s going on with Steele this year? Have had more of an eye on him due to fantasy but is also one of my favourite players when he’s on.

Just seems off the pace and lacking direction in terms of role. Looked back to himself a little more in the second half but it still feels like it’s a grind for him to impact the game and get involved. Also doesn’t look like he’s covering the ground well despite dropping weight

I'm really happy with the win

But that's so far off the Saints I want to see it's not funny.

We are agricultural, we aren't going to win many games in a beauty contest. Our best hope is to train them to strangle the life out of everyone. It won't always look that ugly, that was two constrictors trying to out strangle each other, but that level of commitment will win more games than it loses for us.

That looked like three quarters of commitment to a plan and resolve to nail important goals. None of those are things we've been good at since Ross Lyon left.

We are agricultural, we aren't going to win many games in a beauty contest. Our best hope is to train them to strangle the life out of everyone. It won't always look that ugly, that was two constrictors trying to out strangle each other, but that level of commitment will win more games than it loses for us.

That looked like three quarters of commitment to a plan and resolve to nail important goals. None of those are things we've been good at since Ross Lyon left.

Gringo, for a fair chunk of that game we were dreadful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the boys showed right from the first bounce they were ready to fight hard around the ball. We embraced the ensuing chaos, and it was very chaotic to the extent it was atrocious to watch.

The young ones were magnificent tonight in terms of their effort. Owens, Naz, Byrnes, King in particular.

But the biggest kick I got tonight was from watching Ross the Boss taking charge in the last. He looked like he was going to drag someone across the line.

Oh, and George mighty effort avoiding all 16 security guards. I take it all back he is not just an adonis, he is our adonis.

I’m ready to tip in the change from a fifty from Red Rooster tonight for the fine.

So typical to play the man, just as you did Windy.
Don't drink son. Post when you have some life experience and try not to embarrass yourself.
Night darling

Come on man, he's not ripping into him. He's said he doesn't see the potential others do. Heaps of posters pot players in much more overt ways than that on here.

Blame the toy ground. It is too congested and it was very slippery.
We went at 218 for pressure for the second half so clean possession was at a premium. Wasn't beautiful but a hard won win, first time in 14 years up there.

Are you sure it's not meant to be Michito san fukinikku great?

Good second half.

At the ground especially the first quarter the ball was like a cake of soap. No one from either side could get a firm handle on it. Well apart from Nas that had a couple of Cuz level skill pick ups.
Heading to the ground I spoke to a mate and said whilst it had rained most of the arvo it wasn't usual Sydney heavy rain just steady drizzle. Whether the players "kicked the dew off it" or they just got used to it it was a much cleaner second half.

We just have to find a way to stop these 5 goal runs against us. We lost to Port and the Hawks and could easily again tonight. I reckon our backline holds up well given those periods where it flies in.
was great 2nd half 4 goals for them. 2 from soft frees and 1 terrible decision and kick by Hilly and then one at the absolutely death when we were still singing the song.

Shout out to all the Saints supporters there tonight we were very loud again interstate. 2 trips to Sydney in 4 weeks for 2 wins. I'm loving that!

What’s going on with Steele this year? Have had more of an eye on him due to fantasy but is also one of my favourite players when he’s on.

Just seems off the pace and lacking direction in terms of role. Looked back to himself a little more in the second half but it still feels like it’s a grind for him to impact the game and get involved. Also doesn’t look like he’s covering the ground well despite dropping weight

His body strength in close was his biggest asset. Part of that was due to his bodybuilding. Losing significant weight to build his aerobic capacity has not worked and has hurt his game.

I hope i am wrong and it's all post collarbone related but the signs were there last year as well even though he was rated highly by some.

Gringo, for a fair chunk of that game we were dreadful

I didn't think so apart from the second quarter. We weren't incredible but we fought through their pressure game. Adelaide got us the way we got the Swans, by ramping up the pressure. Clubs would have thought that that was a way to take us out and we withstood the storm and went back at them. I saw progress.

So typical to play the man, just as you did Windy.
Don't drink son. Post when you have some life experience and try not to embarrass yourself.
Night darling

Behaviour is very strange. You absolutely smash the team throughout the game, then if we win you smash any posters who are not positive enough.

It's bizarre, you do it every week. Pick a lane....

some weird units on here tonight.. windy has plenty of elite traits

he's one of the fittest at the club
great agility and turn of pace
better than average line breaking abilities
has shown he's a goal kicking mid
will sacrifice his game for the team
can rack them up in the VFL which with young players often translates to AFL
quick decision making
solid disposal by hand and foot
plays with intensity

and only just turned (checks notes)... twenty years old

comparing any young player's ceiling to that of chito's is totally unfair, chito is projecting as the prototype game winning mid/fwd/utility/ruck, truly an exciting time to be a saints fan!

Mitch Owens is undeniable

If he played for a different team the media would be fawning over him.

I don’t even care about results anymore I just want more Mitch.
Tbh I reckon he’s receiving a heap of attention from the media, all positive too.

Competition is well on notice that he is a young-star.

I’d love to see Nasiah get a bit more recognition though, hopefully this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back