Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Won the hitouts, won the tackle count, Nas kicked a goal! Very un Saints like win but good to see the growth in the team where we can win in different ways.

These kind of wins are a psychological boost and worth more than the points. It's reward for hard work and keeps them doing the things that got the win. It's exactly the type of game that we'd give up in that second quarter most other years.

I've bumped this thread a number of times and still it think it doesn't get enough love.

This kid is the most dynamic young player seen at the Saints since Carl Ditterich.

Less than 20 games and has already been asked to play played as a KPF, ruck, mid, medium forward and last night added defensive support to his list of roles. His contested possession rate is incredible for a player of his age.

You want a comparison - heres one

Sad that after that win someone has to come on here and bag the crap.out of Windy.
He jumped ahead of Mitch last year and was playing good football before breaking his hand.
He has struggled a little with defensive systems and wrnt back and got a tonne of possessions in the VFL.
First full game back for months and he gets compared to Tom Ledger. Yeah righto. Always some to be Debbie downers.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bagging a young player is a very strange hill to die on (even more so after a vital win.)

The Zac Fisher comparison got me…

WTF is a Zac Fisher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everything here except the Paps thing. AFL is so vanilla these days... Any player with a bit of character or a rough edge gets bagged.
Love players like Pap, Ginny, Greene, DeGoey and pretty much any player the woke media slag off.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Fair enough, I like players like the players you mentioned, loose units like Libba, that ranga headcase that went from Carlton to the Lions, but some I take a set against, players like Cody Weightman and Paply. Maybe its the commentators **** swallowing of Sydney on their broadcasts that shows him in a bad light to me. Og well sure he wont lose sleep over not being liked by me :D

Owens is gonna single handily win a lot of games for us in the future. Genuinely don't think I've ever been more excited for a Saints youngster ever. King and Philipou have that ability too, very nice to have three genuine match winners in the team for the next 10 years, love it. NAS is building very well too, this year is a huge success already just with the emergence of that core.

Thought King, Owens and NAS got us over the line last night and they are gonna have to take the team by the scruff of the neck and move us forward as a club cause a lot of the senior players have shown they cant do it consistently. Of the senior guys, the four best, as they have been all year, Sinclair, Wilkie, Crouch and Marshall. Big win, Sydneys season was essentially on the line and Buds 350th, watch the pre-game speeches for Buddy and say that wasn't a great win, the Swans were absolutely up for it.

It's a classic Scottish name. All the Dougals I have know are posh so might be a bit of an aspirational flog name too.

Dougal was also Ted’s offsider in the brilliant Irish comedy Father Ted.

Very very appropriate

I thought she was crap last night, she either kept banging on about the same thing throughout the game or she stated the bleeding obvious - I thought her role was special comments not obvious comments.
Daisy is not part of the broadcast team because of her footy accumen or that she is more insightful than a 200+ game veteran. Apparently the average female viewer hates the usual "blokey club" commentary like Duck and BT and Lyon etc. She's there to appeal to the other 50% of the population.

Did anyone notice the game of footy that was going on whilst Daisy Pearce babbled on about Buddy and continued asking Phil Davis about his thoughts on buddy? My god, shut up we are trying to watch the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Buddy's place in AFL history is assured, but has absolutely played one season to many. He is a shell of who he was and it's cringeworthy watching him. Nearly as cringeworthy as commentators trying to put a positive spin on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be interesting this morning to hear the general narrative on Butler's tackle after everyone's had a chance to calm down. Surely it's all nipped in the bud.
The flog on SEN trying to bury Butler, not one text or call agrees with him. I know he has done it for the controversy and ratings but really what a flog position to take.

A few things,

On Nasiah props to Toiche for backing himself in. Whilst I personally liked others in the draft and I know some wanted us to take Sinn. During his draft year, Nas was showng elite skills and despite the go home factor, (unfairly being perceived as soft) we backed ourselves to get the best out of him. Also props to guys like Hill and Wood for creating an environment for Nas to stay, because the bloke is an absolute jet.

Chito - Sometimes luck falls your way and my god what a jet. One on one pound for pound he has to be up there with the best let alone for a 20 year old. His ability to hold his srength in marking contests despite his positioning is absurd. Could win a Brownlow. Also the type of player who can thrive in big finals and grannies. Cue the Norm Smith

Windhager - I don't get the hate. He played an important role and I though won some important contested possessions and one on ones. Though he was great.

Butler - I think he is getting more and more credit as the year goes on. His chasing was infectious tonight and led the way for the tackling of the rest of the team imo.

Sinclair - My god is there a cleaner player in the comp. Don't give me the Daicos crap. In a game where no body could pick up the ball without fumbling Sinclair was head and shoulders.

King - Its crazy to think that he's averaging nearly 4 goals a game and I feel he's about 60%. His body work is getting better by the second.

I thought she was crap last night, she either kept banging on about the same thing throughout the game or she stated the bleeding obvious - I thought her role was special comments not obvious comments.
Trying to keep the eyeballs on a scrappy game at a crappy congested ground for the neutrals. Trying to stir up controversy so people don't turn over to the cricket.

Stopped at a pub near my hotel for a couple of quiet but largish wines and watched the cricket. Got back and with one eye seeing double vision watched the last quarter.

The commentators who apparently banged on (going by what I've since read on here) about Butler didn't take a nano second to think about why Max King looked like he was going to be subbed. The hit over the shoulder from behind and the front on contact by another Sydney player. Blatant free kick missed by the umpires and commentators. Commentators saw no sense of irony in a player that they thought had been subbed off but no comments on why that might have been.

A few things,

On Nasiah props to Toiche for backing himself in. Whilst I personally liked others in the draft and I know some wanted us to take Sinn. During his draft year, Nas was showng elite skills and despite the go home factor, (unfairly being perceived as soft) we backed ourselves to get the best out of him. Also props to guys like Hill and Wood for creating an environment for Nas to stay, because the bloke is an absolute jet.

Chito - Sometimes luck falls your way and my god what a jet. One on one pound for pound he has to be up there with the best let alone for a 20 year old. His ability to hold his srength in marking contests despite his positioning is absurd. Could win a Brownlow. Also the type of player who can thrive in big finals and grannies. Cue the Norm Smith

Windhager - I don't get the hate. He played an important role and I though won some important contested possessions and one on ones. Though he was great.

Butler - I think he is getting more and more credit as the year goes on. His chasing was infectious tonight and led the way for the tackling of the rest of the team imo.

Sinclair - My god is there a cleaner player in the comp. Don't give me the Daicos crap. In a game where no body could pick up the ball without fumbling Sinclair was head and shoulders.

King - Its crazy to think that he's averaging nearly 4 goals a game and I feel he's about 60%. His body work is getting better by the second.
Spot on great post mate

Bagging a young player is a very strange hill to die on (even more so after a vital win.)

The Zac Fisher comparison got me…

WTF is a Zac Fisher?

Zac Fisher would actually be an okay player to target, Carlton have ****ed him after a very promising start.

I don't get why it upsets people that some posters don't rate certain players. It seems like some players are open to getting absolutely ripped into like Ross, Gresham, Howard and some are sacred cows.

I don't think we will know what we have with Windy for a while but he looks as good a lot of high picks at the same age. Might as well just enjoy the ride rather than trying to predict his ceiling.

A few things,

Just on king. He is struggling for fitness.

He thought he did a lot during rehab.

But it’s becoming apparent he will get better as his body adjusts.

Sinclair seems to have a so much time with the ball. He's very close to elite.

Nah, he's elite. Legit the best HBF in the comp.

Not sure what he's like around the boys at training but I'd be all for him being named skipper next year.

Nah, he's elite. Legit the best HBF in the comp.

Not sure what he's like around the boys at training but I'd be all for him being named skipper next year.

He's doesn't seem the type that would want it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back