Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey was in dreamland, with the football, in the middle of the SCG, fluffing around. He was unprepared and didn’t brace for a tackle he didn’t see. His arms weren’t pinned.

It was an accident that Blakey’s head hit the ground. Butler was not reckless. It was a brilliant effort to tackle.

We cannot have players suspended for that.

Yep when you've just evaded two tackles you'd think you'd be expecting more to be coming.

Overall, great win by the saints. We should have been 3-4 goals up at quarter time but our entries were horrid. Three times our players had the option of going for a set shot or getting it deep to a contest and instead they chipped it to loose Sydney defenders. The arcs at the SCG are 45m, right? I'm not sure our players realised.

One thing that I've noticed after the game is that Gresh wasn't credited with a single clearance....I'm pretty sure I saw him get several decisive centre clearances, particularly in the first half when the rest of the mids were struggling. It wasn't Gresh's best game but he was important and has been screwed by the stats team there.

Owens is pre-ACL Koutofides reincarnated

Not a bad comparison.

He’s a star now, but the kid is going to be even more amazing after another pre-season or two. Goodness gracious me.

He will drag the team with him on the biggest stage of all in the shadows of the Melbourne Cricket Club. You can see it happening.

I don't think Nas has missed a gym day. Grown up very quickly!

View attachment 1707706

I think living with Wood this year has enormously helped Nasiah.

1/ as Wood is so dedicated
2/ that Wood like Dempster he has undertaken a lot of study on sport science/fitness.

So Nasiah is living with his own fitness mentor and advisor

Nasiah said for example that he used to eat a lot of lollies, but after having moved in with Wood has greatly improved what he eats.

Last edited:
One thing that I've noticed after the game is that Gresh wasn't credited with a single clearance....I'm pretty sure I saw him get several decisive centre clearances, particularly in the first half when the rest of the mids were struggling. It wasn't Gresh's best game but he was important and has been screwed by the stats team there.

Gresham got the clearance from the centre bounce after the Swans kicked their fifth goal in a row in 2Q. It lead to the Caminiti goal.

He seems to drift in and out. Always looks dangerous but often lets the team down with poor disposal or poor decision making.

There was an important set shot in 3Q that Gresham missed that could have been very costly. He’s a senior player now. He needs to do more, hit targets and kick goals. I’m not sure he’s doing enough at this stage.

I don't bet a lot these days... I used to be a chronic gambler in my younger days & have had to make hard choices blah blah blah but when I saw the Saints at $2.32 for the win I thought Holy friggin Moly that is serious overs. I rang my daughter, who is also a Saints fan & likes to have a punt... "Nah, I tipped the Swans"... WTF, no way... There's no such thing as a sure thing but even money at best for the Swans... No Parker, No Mills... there like 12th on the ladder & playing like crap & they just got gifted a game against Norths .. I'm putting $20 on the saints.

Nas if definitely my favourite player... he is so cool with the ball. OMG I get happy when the Saints win.

Really? Should at least be credited with 3 centre clearances, I feel like I can distinctly remember 3.

I actually really rate us throwing Gresh into the centre when we need to win it, more often then not he seems to find the ball from the ruck contest and smash it forward, and personally, regardless of how good of a kick he is I think he’s one of the few on our team capable of just gaining metres from centre clearance.

That being said, he’s credited with none, so maybe I’m missing something.

The goals at the end of the second quarter and then at the end of the third quarter were so crucial. Butler very involved in those. In the second quarter it looked like a pantsing was on the cards but we managed to get the momentum back.

It wasn't pretty but in the end it was an epic win where many of our youngsters stood up.

It's worth remembering they were missing a lot of key personnel and we will need to improve to keep pushing for the finals this year. Hopefully Steele can gain some confidence from the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windy does not have to do much for posters to get excited around here. I personally don't get it, but hope to be wrong.

Don't expect him to dominate, in fact I expect very little given his draft position and young age. I am just pointing out that he is getting a lot of unnecessary hype.

It's getting to Sipposs/Tom Ledger levels on here. Doesn't make sense to me, given he has no obvious elite traits.
Was given a job by lenny hayes to go to warner, seb started on him
The kids 19 has played **** all and we see potential, thats why we get excited and want to see him in the side
We get to be party-poopers again next week for Cotchin’s 300th.
Oh please yes
That snipping flogger
Ultimate to beat them in his 300th
I Hope Please GIF

Did anyone notice the game of footy that was going on whilst Daisy Pearce babbled on about Buddy and continued asking Phil Davis about his thoughts on buddy? My god, shut up we are trying to watch the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did anyone notice the game of footy that was going on whilst Daisy Pearce babbled on about Buddy and continued asking Phil Davis about his thoughts on buddy? My god, shut up we are trying to watch the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If she leant forward she would topple over unbalanced, make a crater, giver herself concussion, and prob give herself two weeks suspension

Seriously prattled on about buddy the best fwd for the night (lol) and started ordering butlers gravestone

Its odd because i thought her insights were good originally but she has become a complete afl stooge

Spray and give out when we've had a lacklustre month of footy before the bye, winning unconvincingly, and losing tragically to other teams, culminating in a game we really should have, and were expected to win ☑️
Enjoying a win when it matters ☑️
Is it stupidity, or just normal enough behaviour? I think it's mostly pretty measured on here, passion might get the better of some...but being passionless is no way to live a life.
Note: Not calling you passionless by the way.
No - there was a lot of dumb shit being posted as opposed to just being disappointed in the loss. People were attacking the lyon appointment completely forgetting what had culminated up to that game.

People targeted individual players completely forgetting what our coach and now club President have called the year.

Maybe our fans have become unreasonable about our reality based on what the ladder says. There WILL BE significant change post this season because certain players can’t become consistent footballers under Ross.

This win was almost a given once the hawks beat us. It’s the RTB way to reset and re-establish standards after a poor loss.

But he also didn’t bury a lot of the names that got mentioned on here and still went in backing the core guys who have played most games this season - he didn’t even turn to Membrey

Seriously I was absolutely gobsmacked when Daisy just kept going on about the Butler tackle. It wasn't like there was a break in play or anything, the game was actually going on and she completely ignored the live play for minutes. (Seemed like fckn forever). Unbelievable. And Ralph? His self important rant that went on far too long where he said the words concussed/concussion many, many times while calling out a two week ban was quite frankly outrageous.

These morons need to be held to some sort standards that presently they're far below.

My only complaint is that after that win… we are still only 5th!

Due to losing to fn Hawks

So pleased to be watching kids develop and quickly, Owens / NAS / Windhager / Camminiti / King and Sharman. Future is bright.

Crouch still needs help in the middle has been our archiles heel for years.

I'm really happy with the win

But that's so far off the Saints I want to see it's not funny.

Seriously I was absolutely gobsmacked when Daisy just kept going on about the Butler tackle. It wasn't like there was a break in play or anything, the game was actually going on and she completely ignored the live play for minutes. (Seemed like fckn forever). Unbelievable. And Ralph? His self important rant that went on far too long where he said the words concussed/concussion many, many times while calling out a two week ban was quite frankly outrageous.

These morons need to be held to some sort standards that presently they're far below.
No respect for any commentator that is involved in Club land, she is either an assistant coach or media person as i believe you can not be un biased to your side that you are employed by & that goes for Jimmy Bartell making comments on player movements when he's with GWS it goes on and on Darcy is on the WB board even though it's a non paying job were is his allegiance with it would be WB of cause.

To earn a gritty win on the road against last year's grand finalists to kickstart the second part of our season is a fantastic result. A really strong finish, the boys were pumped, hopefully the sort of away win that galvanises the team, brings 'em all that little bit closer, builds confidence and trust.

And the beauty of a win on Thursday night footy allows the pleasure of sitting back for the weekend able to enjoy what promises to be some great games. We're three games clear of Sydney after that, one game clear of sixth and seventh, and no new injuries as far as I'm aware. So a relatively stress free weekend of footy, not often that can be said as a Saints supporter. 😕😄

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back