Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on SEN
Petracca has 4 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and a small puncture to his lung.
And he came back on!!
He's tough - I'll give him that.
But seriously, WTF is wrong with Melbourne's medical staff. He never looked right to get back out there. I can't imagine us ever putting a player in that position now

4 cracked ribs and a lacerated spleen that needed surgery. But that's ok Melbourne, beating Collingwood means more than player welfare, so send the bloke back out to play.

Don’t joke, it’s dire straits for the duck smokers. I hear Petracca takes their injury list to 3 or so now.

He's tough - I'll give him that.
But seriously, WTF is wrong with Melbourne's medical staff. He never looked right to get back out there. I can't imagine us ever putting a player in that position now

It’s a tough one.

Watching on telly I thought he was cooked as soon as he hobbled to the bench, often players are able to get moving a little as they head to the bench, gathering a bit of momentum… Petracca just looked in agony.

Fractured ribs require imaging which can’t be done in the rooms, and there’s no way a doctor would be able to immediately assess a lacerated spleen or even the small pneumothorax in a patient who is that fit aerobically.

I can see that it would at least initially be a pain tolerance issue, and they likely gave him pain-killing injections… and yet I still can’t imagine how they thought he was ok to return to play. He’s a bull but he looked ****ing awful.

Just on SEN
Petracca has 4 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and a small puncture to his lung.
And he came back on!!

When he went down and was struggling so much - I was pretty confident that it was more than broken ribs and included some organ damage.

Just so amazing that he could even contemplate playing on and crazy that they let him.

When he went down and was struggling so much - I was pretty confident that it was more than broken ribs and included some organ damage.

Just so amazing that he could even contemplate playing on and crazy that they let him.
he looked really crook in the 2nd quarter. How they sent him back on is just mind boggling.

It’s a tough one.

Watching on telly I thought he was cooked as soon as he hobbled to the bench, often players are able to get moving a little as they head to the bench, gathering a bit of momentum… Petracca just looked in agony.

Fractured ribs require imaging which can’t be done in the rooms, and there’s no way a doctor would be able to immediately assess a lacerated spleen or even the small pneumothorax in a patient who is that fit aerobically.

I can see that it would at least initially be a pain tolerance issue, and they likely gave him pain-killing injections… and yet I still can’t imagine how they thought he was ok to return to play. He’s a bull but he looked ****ing awful.

It was awful. The bloke played on with a fractured leg a year or so ago. Surely you've got to know he's got awesome pain tolerance. With the way he reacted, it was obvious that was something pretty bad - more than broken ribs - and surely you wouldn't leave him on with broken ribs anyway.

Yeah well observed, out of all the different aspects of this win, the way we prepare blokes is amazing.

Still thinking about Harvey Harrison. They've given him enough time in the twos, now he's slotted into the midfield and seamlessly plays a midfield role: not a bit part, the whole shebang. I felt he exploited the attention Daicos was getting (lke others, they really share the load) and hurt them with running and goals. He's 20, and from memory he was a third round pick.
Yes he was a 3rd round rick and a bloody good too, like Krueger he has had his share of injuries since being being drafted I think the buzz was he would be picked to play 1st chance they had to play him.

What this also say,s is the club has very good scouts and recruiters as has been shown recently with Illro Smit who probably would have went high in his draft but for injury and the Same with Oscar Steene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And somehow they'll blame Moore. Haven't read their thread yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not accusing another Pie player of ending a Dee's career.

Hopefully Trac makes a speedy recovery, poor form from the Dee's medicos & no doubt Darcy is feeling awful today too.
I read their thread last night and they were accusing Moore of ‘sniping’ him. No doubt they’ll have ramped up that ridiculous claim after this news.

It was awful. The bloke played on with a fractured leg a year or so ago. Surely you've got to know he's got awesome pain tolerance. With the way he reacted, it was obvious that was something pretty bad - more than broken ribs - and surely you wouldn't leave him on with broken ribs anyway.
Not sure if you’ve ever had broken ribs but the pain from that would probably surpass anything else anyway. It’s absolute agony even trying to breathe. It’s ridiculous that they’d send anyone out with rib damage/pain like that as when broken ribs are involved there’s always the chance of a punctured lung (which in this case actually happened).

I honestly can’t believe Melbourne released a statement last night saying it’s standard practice to try and have players keep playing through rib injuries.

Last edited:
Guaranteed walk ins are de goey and pendles
Likely miochek and Elliot
Not Cox and Mitchell.
Also at full strength sidebottom mccreery and Schultz may struggle to hold spots

JDG, Checkers, Pendles and Elliott are all walk ups.

Question marks on Coxy and Titch.

Sidey and Beau ain't going anywhere.

Fin and Chaz Dean, Sully and one of Schultz or Leggy will be on the outer as well.

I read their thread last night and they were accusing Moore of ‘sniping’ him. No doubt they’ll have ramped up that ridiculous claim after this news.
They all need new opera glasses - Moore was clearly attempting to spoil the ball.
They just latch onto any pissweak excuse to blame Collingwood for their own inadequacy.
Petracca is a wonderful player - I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just some points on Daicos…..

1. Despite being well held up until injury he was still contributing. Was not “ soundly beaten” as implied by commentators
2. Melbourne had to sacrifice one of their best players to achieve that tag. They lost more drive than Collingwood did because we bat a lot deeper.
3 subbing him was a smart move.

100% this. He may have been nullified but it had little to no impact on the overall contest. If anything, it removed one of Melbourne's better runners from playing his natural HF game. It meant a number of our other stars were able to influence the contest.

100% this. He may have been nullified but it had little to no impact on the overall contest. If anything, it removed one of Melbourne's better runners from playing his natural HF game. It meant a number of our other stars were able to influence the contest.
I think Nick has said himself that he is unconcerned about being tagged because it frees up a teammate.
He'll get progressively better at handling tags, just like everything else he does.

I think Nick has said himself that he is unconcerned about being tagged because it frees up a teammate.
He'll get progressively better at handling tags, just like everything else he does.

There were also a handful of occasions at ball ups where ANB just wrapped arms around Naics and he should've received a free kick. It could easily have been a low to mid 20's disposal game, if the umps gave Naics the Charlie Curnow treatment.

Just on SEN
And he came back on!!
He's a pies supporter. Wanted to come back on and play amongst his heroes.

But phaaarrrkkkk... normal bloke would be chucking sickies forever with that level of pain. It's Dipper GF '89 level of courage.

When he went off yesterday, made me think of Sam Lonergan losing a kidney down at the Cattery one day.

They worry about concussions, but if you don't have the organs in working order, why bother with a brain?!

They’re used to seeing thugs like Kosi Pickett taking blokes out, they’ve forgotten what it looks like to contest the ball.

Arms raised, eyes only for the incoming footy;

9d3c9a512b5cc053571ec3e7a415d7b6.jpg

The fact that we won so convincingly without Nick having an impact whilst also dealing with so many other significant outs is a super positive as far I can see.

He also uses hand wedges to get out of bunkers, moves balls out of divets, picks up other peoples balls from the 1st cut and keeps them without checking first, cleans his ball on every fairway, picks the ball up from the green after calling a 3 ft putt a "gimme" and always plays a second driver after spraying the first with no penalty. This guy is just the worst piece of garbage imaginable!
And his scoring pencil has an eraser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back