Trades Round 13 trades (First bye week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is a good bye score. The predictor has me at 1604 at the moment and I have no clue whether I should be happy or not :p
Its hard to say, and is going to change for everyone depending how your players are sorted between each team and their Byes. You may have a round where your 18 top scoring players are all premiums, in which case 1900+ is a very gettable score. And another round where a lot of your premiums have byes and you have 4-5 rookies in your top 18 so 1600-1700 will still be a good score. Also Captain choose is very important. So because everyone's team is so different I don't normally take too much notice of ranking until all bye rounds are over. You may get a 1600 and someone else hits 1850 in round 13, but then round 14 you score 1850 and they get 1600. So after all 3 it will average out.

Its hard to say, and is going to change for everyone depending how your players are sorted between each team and their Byes. You may have a round where your 18 top scoring players are all premiums, in which case 1900+ is a very gettable score. And another round where a lot of your premiums have byes and you have 4-5 rookies in your top 18 so 1600-1700 will still be a good score. Also Captain choose is very important. So because everyone's team is so different I don't normally take too much notice of ranking until all bye rounds are over. You may get a 1600 and someone else hits 1850 in round 13, but then round 14 you score 1850 and they get 1600. So after all 3 it will average out.

Thank you for your response. I think the good thing is that I currently have 18 players available for all 3 bye rounds. I just have to have things go my way in terms of injuries and I'll be happy.

So I have 18 players injured or with the bye. That's not good is it... :( Might just write this week off and set myself up for the next 2 bye rounds.

coming about 1300th overall so reckon the byes for me will be chasing cash, first trade is ellis to hams leaving me with 340k and thinking of maybe trading bryne to austin with the second trade but I'm not sold on his js even though he's been okay. Is there any other downgrade targets that I can bring in this week?

Got $250K in reserve and a few fattened cows ripe for the picking. No injuries this week and tippa is back so he can stay until next week. I'm thinking

Wright -> Vince (dpp)
M Gov -> S Reid

Leaves me with 8/11/11 for the byes which should be OK I think. Target Laird next week then maybe a forward the week after...

Have $127K in the bank, looking at Rich & Ruggles to Pittard & Trengove. Leaves me with $25K. Thoughts?

Have $127K in the bank, looking at Rich & Ruggles to Pittard & Trengove. Leaves me with $25K. Thoughts?

I don't think Trengove is going to make much more money and have my doubts about him providing consistent good scores. He is on my radar as a trade out but I will be glad if he proves me wrong over the next few rounds. Ruggles has been running on my field so he has to go.

With Hipwood making his debut for the Lions I'm quite nervous Martin will get dropped, would throw a huge spanner in the works and throw my plans out the window.
What makes u think that. He isnt even available as a ruck in fantasy as it says fwd/mid. Mind u i know nithing about him. Could be a blessing in disguise cause i wanted to gt rid of that ****er for a long long time. Might wait a week though cause lycetts BE is too high and should go down in price.

What makes u think that. He isnt even available as a ruck in fantasy as it says fwd/mid. Mind u i know nithing about him. Could be a blessing in disguise cause i wanted to gt rid of that goose for a long long time. Might wait a week though cause lycetts BE is too high and should go down in price.
I'm far from a draft expert but I don't believe he played as a pure ruck as a junior but he can be used their during games to play both West, Martin and Harwood would make them very top heavy, that may not be an issue for the Lions playing staff but adding a 203cm bloke to the team when you're already using two natural rucks wouldn't make a lot of sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like I have two luxury trades this week with all players having achievable breakevens and no injuries apart from Currie. Might consider trading Stef to Jacobs and the other trade is Tipungwiti to Vince.

If he gets dumpeed i officially hate stefan martin and will never get him again. He has single handidly destroyed my season. Gone down 250k in price and it aint even stopping there. I feel sorry for brisbane fir signing him to that contract.

Weird week to do trades, because either I trade in players who won't play this week, or I'm trading out people who'll play in the next two weeks.

I have about 420k in the bank.. 19 players playing this week. No clue what to do.

Currie -> Nankervis
Macpherson -> Sam Reid (GWS) in the forward line, shifting Ben Kennedy to midfield.

I have four premiums with the third bye which is really worrying me (Shiel, Selwood, Lewis and Rockliff) so not sure what I'm going to do about that, but now I have over 500k in the bank for next week to do some serious business. I'll probably look to bring in Steven as the best premium from this set of Byes. Still not sold on Ablett though.

Weird week to do trades, because either I trade in players who won't play this week, or I'm trading out people who'll play in the next two weeks.

I have about 420k in the bank.. 19 players playing this week. No clue what to do.

Yeh i think as long as you can go in with improving your side with 2 trades this week whilst maintaining either a 9/10/11 structure or an 8/10/12 structure then youve done well.

Im actually going to go in 8/9/13 because i just feel H.Shaw is a must get this round.

That means next week i can trade R13 guys to R11 and also the week after

Aiming to go
R13 - 8/9/13
R14 - 10/9/11
R15 - 11/9/10 roughly

Yeh i think as long as you can go in with improving your side with 2 trades this week whilst maintaining either a 9/10/11 structure or an 8/10/12 structure then youve done well.

Im actually going to go in 8/9/13 because i just feel H.Shaw is a must get this round.

That means next week i can trade R13 guys to R11 and also the week after

Aiming to go
R13 - 8/9/13
R14 - 10/9/11
R15 - 11/9/10 roughly

I actually have 23 playing this week after shuffling my benches around, and counting on Mathieson coming in.

Bye structure now looks like

R13 - 6/12/12

So maybe I shouldn't trade McPherson and Currie to Nanks and Reid.. not sure who to trade them to instead though, but if I trade them to R13 guys instead then I'm at 8/10/12

I actually have 23 playing this week after shuffling my benches around, and counting on Mathieson coming in.

Bye structure now looks like

R13 - 6/12/12

So maybe I shouldn't trade McPherson and Currie to Nanks and Reid.. not sure who to trade them to instead though, but if I trade them to R13 guys instead then I'm at 8/10/12

Yeh 8/10/12 would be good.

With my strategy im probably going to have to cut Blakelys money making a little earlier then i wouldve liked.

He is my M9 though and i have a plan there

Yeh 8/10/12 would be good.

With my strategy im probably going to have to cut Blakelys money making a little earlier then i wouldve liked.

He is my M9 though and i have a plan there

Not sure who to bring in, in that case, for McPherson and Currie.. Maybe I just leave Currie, but then need to cut someone else anyway.

Well you want to keep those guys because you only have 6 round 13 bye players

Sorry, I have 6 after trading those out. I have 8 if I don't trade Currie and McPherson.

Just going over my side this week. And realised with the byes and using a few of my bench players, I have 8 players in the BombersVGws game. I normally don't like having 3 or 4 players in the same game as its hard for them to all score well, so this could be a nightmare. I have 20 playing this week, so hopefully I can get some good scores during the weekend so as long as 6 of the 8 score ok it doesn't do me too much damage. But it could potentially be an awful game for me. Anyone else have this problem having to field bench players who are not all normally playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back