Game Day Round 14, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed my mind. Berry to Sinclair, not Windhager.

With Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera out, Sinclair is one of their most damaging players.

Neale will have to manage the tag as best as possible, with team mates helping out and the rest of our mids should be strong enough to overcome the Saints ones.

With Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera out, Sinclair is one of their most damaging players.

Neale will have to manage the tag as best as possible, with team mates helping out and the rest of our mids should be strong enough to overcome the Saints ones.
Steele? Think Sinclair will have too much toe for Berry

Unless Sinclair is playing midfield then I can’t see Bez going to him and they will need him at halfback with Milera out.
But I think we will just back our boys in and just go head to head in the midfield.

A mate and I go to one Gabba game a season ... this year he picked and for.some reason I get to go and watch tonight's spectacular clash of styles ... sooooooo hoping it is a Brisbane style game and not a Ross the Loss style one!!!!

GO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!

Unless Sinclair is playing midfield then I can’t see Bez going to him and they will need him at halfback with Milera out.
But I think we will just back our boys in and just go head to head in the midfield.
I'm starting to wonder if we might put some time into Hill. He'll likely be critical to their ability to transition the ball from one arc to the other. If we can cut that off it might not matter how they go at clearances.

Just a thought.

A mate and I go to one Gabba game a season ... this year he picked and for.some reason I get to go and watch tonight's spectacular clash of styles ... sooooooo hoping it is a Brisbane style game and not a Ross the Loss style one!!!!

GO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!
I went up for the Saints game last year - it was a combination of edge of the seat and outright napping. 9.18 didn't help, but it was both closer than it needed to be yet we never felt like losing. Definitely one of the games I've ever been to.

I'm starting to wonder if we might put some time into Hill. He'll likely be critical to their ability to transition the ball from one arc to the other. If we can cut that off it might not matter how they go at clearances.

Just a thought.
This is why I like Sharp in the team, he is one player or another player that are capable of covering open spaces.
But alas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage last year, we had lost 4 games to the Hawks, Crows, Power & Dogs
This year 6 losses to Hawks, Giants, Cats, Pies, Dockers and Blues by 1 point. Three Gabba losses amongst those.
That Blues loss could really hurt us in the end.

From this game on in 2023 we went on to win 9 and lost 2 being to the Suns & Demons both away games.
We play the Saints twice so need to make sure that ends up being 2 wins.
Our run home, The Gabba in bolded.
Saints, Power, Demons, Crows, Eagles, Swans, Suns, Saints, Giants, Pies, Bombers.
Pretty important that we win the next 3 Gabba games to keep the season alive.

Irrespective of the defensive way the Saints play the Lions should win this one by 4 plus goals.

I’m worried. These are the sorts of games that we tend to lose. 😕
Normally I agree. If we had been on a solid winning streak and were around the top 4 area then we would totally relax and drop a game like this. But this year, at home and against this team I think we should be able to run over them, no matter how well they shut the game down.

Feel like its a game if we get a couple of early goals the confidence should stay high.

I’m worried. These are the sorts of games that we tend to lose. 😕
Absolutely. And Fages saying yesterday in his press conference words to the effect of "we don't want to worry too much about St Kilda, we just need to worry about our own game and getting our process right."

This is the polar opposite of being the hunter and is completely setting us up for complacency. We invariably play very poorly when this is our mindset, and our midfield generally sets the tone in this regard. Missed tackles will be the early indicator of this.

I would think Answerth is the sub again.
We don't want any injuries, so hopefully he only comes on in the last quarter as a tactical sub.
Most likely Answerth but I would consider rotating it to Reville. He was up on game time last week but still not sure he can maintain that yet. Plus dont need guys getting small game time week after week if we can avoid it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back