Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

that's true, Dear is a huge surprise, but the three blokes traded in have exceeded even the wildest expectations.
Chol our best ruck-forward since Hale. d'Ambrosio best running defender since Birchall, and Ginnivan has an uncanny ability to get to the ball, he's just an elite player.
As I said last week, McCrae Hardwick and Brad Scott must been itching their heads at the moment.

Chol
d'Ambrosio
Ginnivan
three best recruits we could ever have hoped for. As good as Bramble has been this year, the little fellah from Essendon is a level above. Played himself into the AA 40 squad today, as did Moore and Sicily.

TBH, wasn't our best game, lots of handling and skill errors, but the pressure has yet again been elite.
12 hours ago, I would have said Mitch Lewis might come in for a tired Gunston, but after watching Scaife live today, he might get first go.
Seamus Mitchell was incredible, he surely is an AFL player, he'll be beating down the door.
I think it was the occasion and the crowd, good experience for the boys. Help them be more settled for future 90k+ games.

A quick peruse of the Richmond board confirmed a trend of the last five or six weeks. Every team that plays us has the opposition supporters complaining about their squad playing their worst game of the year.

The Hawks boys are putting on tremendous pressure and causing a lot of skill errors. Good defensive setups each week neutralise opposition plans and high pressure really limits the “hero ball” opportunities against us. Somehow causing every team to make their worst effort when they play us.

Nice work, boys. Keep up the effort.

What an unreal occasion and crowd for the young team to play in front of. Will do them the world of good to know they can deal with the pressure and the atmosphere.
So many positives:
Chol kicking 4 goals, but his run down tackle in the third quarter was sublime and his defensive work all game.
Intercept marking of Sicily, Weddle and Scrimshaw is tremendous.
Massimo threading the eye of a needle with his kicks, plus his ability to take the game on.
Dylan Moore’s energy in every contest he is in.
Connor MacDonald has a ridiculous work rate - he had a few possessions deep in the backline which only comes about from busting a gut to help out.
Cam Mackenzie continues to grow as the weeks go on.
Calsher Dear just continues to wow with his attack on the ball and his ability to follow up.
Speaking of wow, the Wiz - 7 shots on goal for a small forward is unheard of. Doesn’t lack confidence or endeavour and when the goal kicking clicks, watch out.
Ginnivan does so many unheralded things off the ball and the joy he brings to the team is tremendous.
Meek battled away manfully against Nank in the ruck.
Worpel’s kicking forward of centre has become a real thing of beauty - has obviously spent a lot of time working and honing this area.
Impey continues to want to break lines and his defensive work is tremendous - he is so predictable with what he will do for his team mates.
The club slogan this year was no limits, and as the weeks go by, you can see why, as the players and fans dare to believe.
Great post

that's true, Dear is a huge surprise, but the three blokes traded in have exceeded even the wildest expectations.
Chol our best ruck-forward since Hale. d'Ambrosio best running defender since Birchall, and Ginnivan has an uncanny ability to get to the ball, he's just an elite player.
As I said last week, McCrae Hardwick and Brad Scott must been itching their heads at the moment.

Hardwick will be scratching his head with both hands..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a confident display of new age football that was today. Never in any doubt. We got the Dusty cameo out of the way early and then proceeded to destroy them and create goal scoring opportunities at will. The cohesion that was so badly missing early in the year, was beautiful to watch.

There are a lot of squeaky bums around the league again. The Hawks are coming baby. 💪

I think we need to sit back and really soak in what this Team has done over the last 7 or so weeks.

We were all pretty miserable at 0 and 5 (also 1 & 6).

We didn't see many clear skies ahead at the time and many weren't starting to doubt Sam, doubt the list, doubt the development, doubt the leadership etc. Football wasn't much fun to discuss amongst friends and colleagues.

The turnaround has been enormous. I'm sure the club and leaders had faith but it's not easy to do a full turnaround like we did. It's bloody hard!

The boys lifted bigtime today and you can see how much they believe.

I'm so damn proud of this team and club atm.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I wonder why he doesn’t run straight at the sticks.

Surely Wingard will come in for him once fit
He can't see over the man on the mark so runs out. It's not about the distance, look and his kick to Moore he was in the clear and didn't hook out for that long pass just kept the straight line and it went long and straight.

Just take a longer run up u think. Surely he didn't do that for every set shot in juniors?

Also Ginnivan needs to spend a week watching Jack Ginnivan highlights. At Collingwood he was nailing set shots perfectly from 40 out on the angle drop out, not 30 out straight in from he's too scared to kick a drop punt?

Never venture to opposition boards but this is to pay kudos to the Hawthorn fans around me after the game who were ultra respectful to Martin post game and showed nothing but respect and appreciation to a foe.
Way way better than us on field and showed pure class in the stands.
Kudos you’re a threat yet again to anyone

Some shots also don’t even make the difference.

He can kick it from 50 easily at Box Hill.

Can't even kick it over 40 at AFL level.

Just needs to settle. He's doing everything but finishing the hard work.

They need to slow it down a bit
Yep, and chol was flat in the "one for all" part while Sicily who should know better was constantly too sharp.

And don't get me started on the harmonys. The tenors doing a major3rd when the were meant to do a 5th. And their levels were all off and could barely hear the top line.

You've got to love the media. Hawks won by 8 goals, and all the news feeds tell us is Dusty kicked a "showstopper" in his 300th game. I'm a big fan of Dusty, but I'm fed up with hearing about him this week.
Yeah showstopper we handed to him on a silver platter with a downright shocker of a turnover. Would have been more peeved if it wasn't Dusty who ended up kicking it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back