Preview Round 14 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the Ladder and the run home for US ,ESS ,FREO ,PIES , we drop this 1 against the blues and top 4 might just be out of reach , might sound like im going over the top but our run home is harder than them 3 , im interested to see how they respond this week I just hope yesterdays game doesn't put a damper on there confidence.
Don't take this the wrong way by all means and im not trying to just single him out after yesterdays game he is a 300 game champion of the game and the club and I hate even bringing this up but Bolts the last 4-5 weeks now has been down on form a little I no he is still up there in our goal kicking but most of them come from the start of the year and will be picked by Longmire in the starting 22 every week no doubt, is he just going through a rough patch of form or has the game from the start of the year just got faster and taking a bit longer for him to adapt?
Of all players to be affected by the bye round I think he would be near the top.
For a younger player, coming off the bye I think the rough & tumble, taking the hits, would be fine,it would be all between the ears, but for a veteran like Jude, the week of & then back into it,copping the hits he has/does, he'd be fine between the ears, but the body, getting back up, I think he'll be better for the run.
Saying that, I wouldn't mind him being the one subbed next week,( half time).if a player like Jetts is being considered to come back.Conditions probably gonna be similar next Friday to yesterday.
In: Jetta(sub),Lamb(for Armstrong),Everitt(for White)
Out:Armstrong,White
Couldn't find a player to go out for BJack,but wouldn't mind him in.Conditions to suit.

I thought reid and jetta were getting close, if love to see at least one of them in. Everitt has to come in so I'm hoping

In -Reid, jetta, everitt
Out-white, Armstrong , lamb (unlucky)

I thought reid and jetta were getting close, if love to see at least one of them in. Everitt has to come in so I'm hoping

In -Reid, jetta, everitt
Out-white, Armstrong , lamb (unlucky)
I don't believe anything our doc says now Jetta shin soreness been out for 4 weeks ,LRT 6-8 weeks now indefinite , Shaw 2 weeks now indefinite , Reid who knows

Put a helmet on Mummy bring him back I wish cause Kruzer will kill it this week

Not picking you out on purpose just 2 weeks ago half the people here were happy to ditch mummy

Armstrong out is the only change we can really afford, isn't it? Christ I wish Towers had come on faster.

This week it's basically stop Jarrod (Jarrad? Jarred?) Waite. The guy is an absolute machine when he's on the park, and he will cut us up. Neither Grundy or Richards can go with him one-on-one. We need a cohesive defence to deal with him 2-on-1, without leaving massive holes in our defence (exactly the sort of thing Mattner would do, RIP.) But with the outs we have, I'm not sure we'll be particularly cohesive.

Betts towelled up Smith in our last Friday-night-at-the-SCG-in-the-rain meeting. I hope he doesn't do it again.

Anyway, I'm picking Carlton to win this one, unless we absolutely dominate the midfield and keep the ball our of their hands. It's certainly not going to be one of those games where we absorb inside-50's all night and punish them on the rebound, that's for sure. Actually winning clearances is a must.

Anyway, I'm picking Carlton to win this one, unless we absolutely dominate the midfield and keep the ball our of their hands. It's certainly not going to be one of those games where we absorb inside-50's all night and punish them on the rebound, that's for sure. Actually winning clearances is a must.

Murphy missing for us will be a massive loss. Alot of the pressure now goes back onto Judd.
This could be offset if Goodes misses, who usually towells us up.
Hoping for a win, but you guys will be fired up after your loss to Port.

Smith had one of the worst matches I have ever seen from him on Saturday and got dominated by Chad Wingard (not the first or last to be beaten comprehensively by him though, what a player he is going to be and is already). I wouldn't bet on him having 2 shockers in a row so I would back him to play well against Betts.

Garlett is more of a worry for me. Shaw is the perfect match up for him but without him, I imagine it would have been Everitt (who has taken Ballantyne and Leroy Jetta recently and done well) but with him out...****. I just hope it isn't Armstrong. It might have to be though. Lord help us all.

I'll back us to win particularly as Marc Murphy won't be playing. I just hope the rain clears by Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he ever played in defence before? That could be like throwing a lamb to the, well, not wolves but a slightly more aggressive, blood-thirsty lamb.

Cunningham would be the one to get promoted for that job I'd have thought.

Yeah, I don't know and i'm thinking it would probably be a disaster, but he's a quick guy who's a ferocious tackler, and seems a smart kid who would maintain concentration and remain disciplined. I dunno, I'm just spitballing here. God, don't shoot the messenger.

Has he ever played in defence before? That could be like throwing a lamb to the, well, not wolves but a slightly more aggressive, blood-thirsty lamb.

Cunningham would be the one to get promoted for that job I'd have thought.

Isn't Towers doing OK in the forward 50 atm, grimlock?

Yeah, besides his pace I don't think BJ is the best option for Garlett.

Cunningham's had 3 quarters against Belconnen, unknown amount of time against GC (but assume it's at least 3 quarters again) and a full game again NT, all in the midfield so I would assume his match fitness is passable.

Towers I thought had his best game for us on the weekend, which isn't saying much really, but not named in the best so I don't know where he is at at the moment.

Could we play, say, Brandon Jack as a purely tagging defender on Garlett? Or would Garlett's footy smarts be too much?

Jesus christ, Towers, do something.

Yeh when we drafted an older guy early i expected him to be pushing into the side

Smith had one of the worst matches I have ever seen from him on Saturday and got dominated by Chad Wingard (not the first or last to be beaten comprehensively by him though, what a player he is going to be and is already). I wouldn't bet on him having 2 shockers in a row so I would back him to play well against Betts.
Smith's actually had a couple of ordinary games in a row already, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back