Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the ideal backline for the run home?

Gibbs
Goddard
Heppell
?
?
?

Malceski, Ibbotson & Hanley/Ellis I reckon. Since Mitchell has come in McVeigh has been spending more time at half back so opposition coaches have not been tagging Malceski. I think Malceski sits fourth in line for the tag at the moment behind JPK, Hannebery & McVeigh and he is probably second in line to cop the defensive forward tag. I think he will is the best option outside of the big 3. Ibbotson's form and draw on the home stretch is too good to look past so he is my number 5.

The last spot depends on whether teams tag Hanley or not. It took 10 ****en rounds for coaches to figure out that Hanley was easily the Lions most damaging player over the first half of the season and there is a chance that with Rich back he will again avoid the tag. If he does avoid the tag, he has shown great scoring potential. Ellis should avoid tags and spends a fair bit of time in the midfield. Richmond love getting the ball in his hands too so I rate him highly.

Hibberd and Mckenzie are in the top 10 but just outside the top 6 in my opinion since they don't have that huge scoring potential. Enright is also close but is slightly too susceptible to a tag.

As a left of centre option I think Mitch Golby is a great pick. I wouldn't say he is a part of the ideal backline but with Staker in & Yeo and Docherty being groomed recently he has avoided those lock down roles in defense and has spent some time in the midfield too. I'd expect him to average 85-90 on the run home and be one of the top 10 backs in the 2nd half of the season.

Then again take everything I say about the backline with a whole bucketload of salt considering I've traded Waters, Scotland & Birchall into my backline this year.

Macaffer > Daniher
Vlastuin > Premium Mid (Anyone other than Swan, GAJ, Pendles, Watson, S.Selwood, S.Mitchell & Barlow). Probably Kieran Jack

Team will hopefully look something like this:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley, Birchall, Terlich (Staker, Thurlow)
Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Jack, S.Selwood, Barlow, S.Mitchell (T.Mitchell, Hrovat)
Cox, Naitanui (Nicholls, Moller)
Johnson, Bartel, Rockliff, Martin, Kennedy, Franklin (Daniher, Rowe)

Have a question about DPP, I currently have Staker in my fwd line, if i wanted to bring in Daniher, could i swap Staker to the Backs, then bring in Daniher fwd for a back rook either Laird or Vlas Cheers

I'm just going to wait and see what happens with Birchall and Vlastuin so at the moment I'm thinking Wines -> Martin and Rowe -> Gibbs via DPP

EDIT: If I choose to get rid of Birchall and Vlastuin I will probably have just enough cash to get Gibbs and Hanley

I don't think you will get a more like for like trade than Birchall to Hanley. Both are very good scorers when they are left open but both are obvious targets to be tagged and will spend the majority of the season with the tag on them.

Just a warning from someone that has had Hanley for the majority of the season.

I don't think you will get a more like for like trade than Birchall to Hanley. Both are very good scorers when they are left open but both are obvious targets to be tagged and will spend the majority of the season with the tag on them.

Just a warning from someone that has had Hanley for the majority of the season.

I agree, I am actually trying to avoid bringing in Hanley especially after seeing him played at half forward once again today. I'd much rather Malceski or Ibbotson but I don't have the cash, whatever the case I've pretty much decided I won't be trading out both Birchall and Vlastuin this week and if I do one of them will be traded to a rookie. FWIW though I'd back Hanley in to avoid the tag more often than Birch and thus average more than him for the rest of the season.

Have a question about DPP, I currently have Staker in my fwd line, if i wanted to bring in Daniher, could i swap Staker to the Backs, then bring in Daniher fwd for a back rook either Laird or Vlas Cheers

Yes, you will be able to trade a back rookie for Daniher :thumbsu:

Birchall OUT! I have put up with this muppet long enough

I think I've missed the boat on Heppell though, he's too expensive for me now. Think I'll go with Gibbs, then downgrade either Caff or Thurlow (if cash situation permits) to Daniher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my trades for this week:
Birchall --> Gibbs
Hanley --> Heppell
Vlaustin --> Ibbotson
Macaffer --> Danniher
Neade --> Swan
S.Mitchell --> Barlow
Franklin --> Stokes

Yeah 7 trades next week would be handy.

Malceski, Ibbotson & Hanley/Ellis I reckon. Since Mitchell has come in McVeigh has been spending more time at half back so opposition coaches have not been tagging Malceski. I think Malceski sits fourth in line for the tag at the moment behind JPK, Hannebery & McVeigh and he is probably second in line to cop the defensive forward tag. I think he will is the best option outside of the big 3. Ibbotson's form and draw on the home stretch is too good to look past so he is my number 5.

The last spot depends on whether teams tag Hanley or not. It took 10 ****en rounds for coaches to figure out that Hanley was easily the Lions most damaging player over the first half of the season and there is a chance that with Rich back he will again avoid the tag. If he does avoid the tag, he has shown great scoring potential. Ellis should avoid tags and spends a fair bit of time in the midfield. Richmond love getting the ball in his hands too so I rate him highly.

Hibberd and Mckenzie are in the top 10 but just outside the top 6 in my opinion since they don't have that huge scoring potential. Enright is also close but is slightly too susceptible to a tag.

As a left of centre option I think Mitch Golby is a great pick. I wouldn't say he is a part of the ideal backline but with Staker in & Yeo and Docherty being groomed recently he has avoided those lock down roles in defense and has spent some time in the midfield too. I'd expect him to average 85-90 on the run home and be one of the top 10 backs in the 2nd half of the season.

Then again take everything I say about the backline with a whole bucketload of salt considering I've traded Waters, Scotland & Birchall into my backline this year.

what do you guys reckon about shaw??

....vs like a malceski or hibberd???

I'm gonna trade out Ellis. He has made me 260k. Everyone else is on him now, bet you he will start sucking. Gotta take risks to move up. 518th now :D

edit: ellis stays for 1 more week. Macaffer-> Cloke, Breust -> Danniher

Projected 2,314 next round...fat chance of that happening.

Terlich -> Gibbs

Want to get rid of Hodge and Scotland but would have to downgrade them to a rookie...might hold them for a bit longer.

Goodes or Staker to a rookie. Not sure who yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back