Review Round 14 vs Crows at Metricon Stadium, Sunday 19th June, 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed Budarick's interview saying how he was a supporter when he was little. So good to see. Hoping there's more young supporters who pick an AFL career.

Looking forward to this game. We can't lose these ones but I'm just really happy to see the team winning with positive news from the media. On a side, I've been a supporter since their foundation year and I've always said the only thing that will stop me from going to their finals game will be the birth of my child.... The first year in forever they look like making finals and I'm due to give birth then. I'm so conflicted between wanting them to make finals and hoping I don't miss it.

Reaction GIF by moodman

Sam Flanders has earned a call-up to the senior team, coming in for Malcolm Rosas Jnr who will miss the match with illness.

Rosas Jnr has been replaced on the emergency list by Darcy Macpherson.

As announced in the squad yesterday, Sean Lemmens and Levi Casboult will also return to the line-up.

Lachie Weller comes out of the team after injuring his ACL, while Sam Day has also been omitted to accommodate the return of Casboult.

The emergency list consists of Jack Bowes, Sam Day, Elijah Hollands and Darcy Macpherson, with one of those four to be named the medical substitute an hour before the bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say, well done to Flanders for going back and playing good consistent footy and earning a recall bit geez I'm flat. Would have loved a hollands debut or a bowes return.
They will get opportunity. IMO, Flanders performed as good as them in VFL. Probably best replacement for Rosas. Good to have selection issues.

Looking forward to watch double header on Sun in person.

Last edited:
Hope Sam comes in and plays really well.
Has been really good in the 2's.

The difficulty is coming in and playing a different role - likely to a be a pressure forward / perhaps a midfield cameo.
Laying inside 50 tackles, hitting the scoreboard and having physical impact if he gets midfield time has to be the brief.

Crows don't really have many true defensive smalls

Decent small forwards tend to kick goals on them
Gryan Miers and Stengle kicked 3 each
Bailey 3
Cameron 4

Our smalls could be a source of goals this week.

Glad to see Flanders get a run. Expect Bowes to be the sub.
Not my preference but Bowes could act as a super sub in some ways if he makes his way onto the field at some point after halftime. Not with his speed but more so with his skills.

Just get the win.

Our players historically just don’t bother coming back after the bye and this is where our free fall to the bottom of the ladder normally picks up speed, So will be a good test of where we are at.

The Crows may have only won 4 games, but they are very similar to us in that they rely on winning the contested ball and clearances to go anywhere. Contested possessions they are 4th (we are 3rd), Clearances they are 4th (we are 3rd), and stoppage clearances they are =1st with us. The battle between Witts/Miller/Rowell/Anderson and OBrien/Keays/Laird/Crouch will be a big one.

Get the ball into our forward line and keep it there - we should be able to kick a winning score.
They are quite inexperienced down back.

Butts 22y, 33 games
Murray 21y, 16 games
Doedee 25y, 63 games
Hamill 21y, 31 games
Parnell 20y, 1 game
Smith 30y, 215 games
Dawson 25y, 76 games

Holman to play a negative game on either Smith or Dawson.
Flanders probably spend time on the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 14 vs Crows at Metricon Stadium, Sunday 19th June, 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back