Round 14 Vs Gold Coast - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you know the team by now. Week by week, Eade doesn't change many of the senior players unless they are injured. Hudson will not be dropped. Jones will not be dropped. Mulligan is injured so Markovic might come in. Libba won't be dropped. Hall is a certainty, he was on the plane. DJ should be dropped, there will be 2 changes max. You people really don't have a clue. It's already been said after the weekend that Lake will play at Willi for another week at least. Get with the program. Not one poster on here has picked this weeks team yet.

So did Mulligan play last week? :rolleyes:

The role of sub seems like a reasonable way of getting some game time and touch back into Cooney without flogging him. Against what should be a lesser opponent, the game may already be in our favour when he is subbed on so probably wouldn’t be subjected to hard tags etc which he may be if starting. All in all, I’m not averse to the idea of an experienced mid being the sub generally, as that’s an area of attrition.
I hope to see Schofield hold his place and Howard and Reid both in.

Can tell u that Dalhaus, Sherman, Jones & Schofield all made the trip... They were behind us in the queue for the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster @ Warner Bros Movieworld earlier this morning. Seemed to be enjoying a rest day before Sat nite.:thumbsu:

Thats surprising. Would have thought Schofield and Dahl would be too short to be let on a grownup rollercoaster.

Can tell u that Dalhaus, Sherman, Jones & Schofield all made the trip... They were behind us in the queue for the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster @ Warner Bros Movieworld earlier this morning. Seemed to be enjoying a rest day before Sat nite.:thumbsu:

Did Schoey give you a spray for holding him up?

Maybe I dont know anything but..

Why was Liberatore dropped? he was in good form early in the year, and even though he shanked a couple of kicks last week I woulda thought getting games and experience into him at this stage of his career was crucial.

Also where the F is Mitch Wallis? he last game was serviceable bordering good. Unless hes been flopping in the VFL I would also have him in my 22 at Whitten Hill.

Happy about Howard in, happy about DJ out, Libba sort of looked like he needed a rest I guess, but I'm not too sure about Hall in (I know he was definently going to come in but anyway) I just think theres no point, will probably get injured again and its just our forward line doesnt seem to work with him like if we used him properly it would work but all we do is kick it to him only.

Hes not the future for the club and were not going anywhere big this year so I just think whats the point, but anyway what can you do!

Why was Liberatore dropped? he was in good form early in the year, and even though he shanked a couple of kicks last week I woulda thought getting games and experience into him at this stage of his career was crucial.

Also where the F is Mitch Wallis? he last game was serviceable bordering good. Unless hes been flopping in the VFL I would also have him in my 22 at Whitten Hill.

I know its stupid :(, and hes been doing good at VFL like getting in the bests so it makes you wonder!

The wear and tear of the season has started getting to Libba and so he's going back to Williamstown where the slower tempo will still allow him to play and develop but also means he can get some more work in during the week as he won't be as sore.

As for Wallis, he's not yet in the best 22 and still needs to work on some areas of his game at Williamstown before getting a call up. I'm sure he'll play more games at AFL level this year.

Libbas form has dropped off. Seems the wear and tear of the season has caught up with him.

Wallis has been one of our best in the VFL. We have too many similar players at the moment though. One of cross/Boyd/Ward/Libber would have to make way for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy about Howard in, happy about DJ out, Libba sort of looked like he needed a rest I guess, but I'm not too sure about Hall in (I know he was definently going to come in but anyway) I just think theres no point, will probably get injured again and its just our forward line doesnt seem to work with him like if we used him properly it would work but all we do is kick it to him only.

Hes not the future for the club and were not going anywhere big this year so I just think whats the point, but anyway what can you do!
Have to hang on to Hall for another year (if his body permits) i think. No point throwing Jones, Grant, Cordy, Panos etc to the wolves just for the sake of getting an extra spot on the list. There are many players that should go before Hall, regardless of age.

Everyone will have a sook next year if our forward line doesn't cut it, and will be insisting that Hall should have stayed on for another year. It makes little sense to let him go.

Don't you know the team by now. Week by week, Eade doesn't change many of the senior players unless they are injured. Hudson will not be dropped. Jones will not be dropped. Mulligan is injured so Markovic might come in. Libba won't be dropped. Hall is a certainty, he was on the plane. DJ should be dropped, there will be 2 changes max. You people really don't have a clue. It's already been said after the weekend that Lake will play at Willi for another week at least. Get with the program. Not one poster on here has picked this weeks team yet.

Post of the year:rolleyes: Jones a senior player? Mulligan out for Markovic? Libba won't be dropped?

Hilarious.

have a look back on page 2, I think I was fairly close

Thats surprising. Would have thought Schofield and Dahl would be too short to be let on a grownup rollercoaster.

Its actually scary how tall the little guys are.

I attended the superstars of Whitten Oval function and at one stage was talking to Gilbee with lots of the young guys around. Dahl is not significantly shorter than Gilbs (unless he had some inserts in his shoes).

When I played footy I played key position and ruck (although at a pretty low level) yet Gilbee is about the same height and players like Griff and Cooney are taller.

Hudson, Cordy etc are just Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 Vs Gold Coast - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back