Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll criticise my team any day after a bad performance but you lot are pretenders. Collingwood should have beaten you. 12 day break vs 4 day break. We’ll have Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Sidebottom come finals and will absolutely demolish you. Wouldn’t be so proud of that performance. Considering the above, we competed well.
e3b3ac2260b121235539c50c7135497f.jpeg

I’ll criticise my team any day after a bad performance but you lot are pretenders. Collingwood should have beaten you. 12 day break vs 4 day break. We’ll have Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Sidebottom come finals and will absolutely demolish you. Wouldn’t be so proud of that performance. Considering the above, we competed well.

tumblr_mfrvr3VAmu1qh59n0o1_500.gif

More than happy for Collingwood to play Trealor with his 15 average turnovers per game

IMG_2774.JPG

Oh dear, you haven't taken the loss well have you, poor diddums. Wonder how you and your like would react if your post was reversed and posted on your board.......I'm thinking it would be deleted because of the outcry from you all. The affrontery of someone daring to say you are pretenders etc..

Yes, you did perform well, but we performed better.

We got the 4pts, you didn't..

We are 2nd on the ladder, you aren't.

.....and you know what else? When we put in a game where we kick goals instead of points, you will be humiliated.

I understand your pain at losing but you'll get used to it. The sun will shine tomorrow and you will hopefully be still drawing breath.....and that's always a good thing.

Bless you, dear........and remember to be nice to your fellow man.

Last edited:
Thanks for the free comedic entertainment, feel free to post more funny posts!

Hipwoods ability to get to contests and halve a 2 or 3 on 1 was immense last night, it is so underrated not letting the opposition mark it and have an easy inside 50 kick, imagine the pies taking mark after mark coming out of 50, changes the game entirely.

Big O 9 clearances 5 tackles played one hell of a game.

Hippy has improved this year. His body work is a lot better, he isnt getting out marked and he is flying for marks and crashing packs. He should have kicked 3 goals last night which would have been the cherry on top. His ability to just compete is very underrated.

Whatever helps you sleep at night after a loss.

Fantastic summation of the game Royboy, agree with every word.

I was keen on Stephenson in the draft but he does look soft, has a bit of a Polec feel to him.
Maybe if he was at the Lions he would be a better player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the umpires did their job I reckon the game is done at HT. It was 33-13 when Robinson should've got a free kick 15m out directly in front. Would've been 39-13. Then they got gifted 2 goals by my recollection through incorrect umpiring calls, which funnily enough weren't called when the same thing happened to us. Because it was such a low scoring game, half a dozen umpiring calls made a huge difference. We were definitely the better team even 2 players down for most of the game. So funny to hear Buckley and Pies supports say wE gIftEd yOu gOAlS fRoM oUr ErRors when it was just our pressure. Instead of calling us pretenders I reckon the Pies should focus on making finals.

Last edited:
Hippy has improved this year. His body work is a lot better, he isnt getting out marked and he is flying for marks and crashing packs. He should have kicked 3 goals last night which would have been the cherry on top. His ability to just compete is very underrated.
Working higher up the ground and roving - more his game. Running free. Notting style.

The glimpses Ah Chee has shown in the last few weeks is interesting. He can bring a lot of stability, and then flashes of brilliance I reckon (in time, of course). The thought of him, Charles, McCarthy and Coleman together is something that could be exciting. I wanted to see his mark in the highlights comp.. but the AFL would rather see Zorko smother with his face, or one of the Pies more tepid goals..

On that note, is there a mandate for the highlights to be split 50/50 between the teams, irregardless of the amount of actual 'highlights' they each do? Sometimes its baffling the boring plays they put in. Gotta see a highlights package released by the Lions for what I really want I guess...

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Back