Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes could go a lot of ways tonight. Huge win when ever down two on the bench. Not many teams win without their best player and full back.

Oscar was massive in the ruck and beat Grundy quite well.

Neale Berry and Lyons were huge in the middle. They kept the pressure up and controlled the ball. If they hadn't kept it up the short backline would have been trouble.

Also gave a vote to Lester who was very important down back. Playing on a guy a foot taller than you is tough. Cox might be average but its really tough to match up against some one that tall.

Coleman and AhChee were pretty good. Threw their bodies in hard. Likely one will have to go out for Linc but it won't be an easy decision.

Assume Payne in next week. Great test for him

Man, gonna have a heartattack.
Great win!
Gonna be tough playing GC now with a 4 day break w/o Andrews who we would have played against King or Day. At least Payne will be given a go again, but now the issue is that when we really need him he will have only played 1 game when he could have played half a dozen or so. Missed a trick.
Payne will have to play super mobile to follow either Gold Coast tall.

Went with Berry and Lyons our 2 best mids, Hippy, Oscar for his follow up work and Neale

Anyone still reckon we don’t have an issue with our last quarters?

I’ll take the win but we aren’t doing shit in the finals if the past month of footy is anything to go by. Our last four games we’ve been inaccurate, rarely score in the last quarter and just scrape past teams. Not since beating the Bombers have we had a convincing win.

But we are winning, we beat Collingwood, so they’re positives and it beats the crap out of where we were pre 2019.

I’ll take the win but we aren’t doing sh*t in the finals if the past month of footy is anything to go by. Our last four games we’ve been inaccurate, rarely score in the last quarter and just scrape past teams. Not since beating the Bombers have we had a convincing win.

But we are winning, we beat Collingwood, so they’re positives and it beats the crap out of where we were pre 2019.

Reckon we get a pass tonight.

At some point my heart is just gonna give out with all these close games. Love that we held on and finally broke our Pie hoodoo but having to hold on and Harris being out for a few weeks has left me a bit flat. Will probably feel better tomorrow.
Harris had pulled the ice off when he walked on to the field freely at the end, so maybe nothing much despite BT's medical advice.

I’ll take the win but we aren’t doing sh*t in the finals if the past month of footy is anything to go by. Our last four games we’ve been inaccurate, rarely score in the last quarter and just scrape past teams. Not since beating the Bombers have we had a convincing win.

I think you need to look at everything that went against us prior to the last. Defence held up and that last quarter was immense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris had pulled the ice off when he walked on to the field freely at the end, so maybe nothing much despite BT's medical advice.

Hope so. We have a history of pulling our important guys early rather than risking serious injury so if it's precautionary; beautiful. Preparing for a few weeks without him though. Need him cherry ripe for finals.

Turn this on its head. I would be screaming at our player for giving away the free. It’s that obvious its a free, it’s a no brainer. Paying the free immediately stops other sniping. It’s 5 seconds after the goal. Watch the ump. Whistle to the mouth then change of mind. He has the perfect view. No one is in the way.

Daft.

Disappointed did not kick a goal in the last quarter but hey any win over collingwood i will take any time lately. Especially some of the pricks who give me shit and especially the crap we copped visiting Gold Coast last year from melbourne and went to the easter thursday game at the gabba last year. Im a happy little vegemite tonight and special mention to big Oscar and Starcevich tonight

You know one thing I love about this team? They know how to get over the line in close games. Much better than losing close games.

It is interesting, last year Fages noted it as a major point in our development because historically we would've lost them. Now we do it week in, week out.

Hate to sound negative but we limped to a win coming off a bye against a currently average oppposition with a lot of their key players out, not sure what to make of that. I’m just waiting for boys to go up another gear but we seem to just get by with 4 points!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Back