Preview Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 23rd June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the point in resting steele?
If the knee is that bad a week off does nothing, its not going to get better in a week

Rest him for a month and he cones in under done on the pointy end of the season

MIght as well play till it falls off now
The point would be if his knee or whatever he has improved to the point he can actually get back to his best. You have to think they've decided that isn't going to happen otherwise surely they'd rest him.

Looking at his output from supercoach points he is having his worst season since his second year. It must be driving the coaches and Jack crazy seeing how little impact he is having compared to his best.

There also seems to be a bit of a disconnect or something going on with him. Lyon's comments about his knee injury not being real when Steele said it himself in the media. Steele hasn't done a club interview in ages and he's the captain. Might be reading way too much into it but from his output obviously something is not quite right.

Big opportunity to bounce back. Wondering if/when there’ll be a statement drop.

Dougal, Ross and Gresham would be questionable.

Byrnes the obvious out though for a non statement drop, simply not up to standard.

Cooper Sharman needs to come in this week. We won’t see too many changes as not much depth at the moment (our depth is still injured).

B- Wilkie Sharman Paton
HB- Sinclair Battle NWM
C- Wood Crouch Hill
HF- Gresham Membrey Billings
F- Butler King Higgins
FOLL- Marshall Phillipou Owens
I/C- Ross, Windhager, Stocker, Bytel
Sub- Brynes

B- Wilkie Sharman Paton
HB- Sinclair Battle NWM
C- Wood Crouch Hill
HF- Gresham Membrey Billings
F- Butler King Higgins
FOLL- Marshall Phillipou Owens
I/C- Ross, Windhager, Stocker, Bytel
Sub- Brynes
Billing’s is injured mate

Whats the point in resting steele?
If the knee is that bad a week off does nothing, its not going to get better in a week

Rest him for a month and he cones in under done on the pointy end of the season

MIght as well play till it falls off now
We need players performing. Steele is not performing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need players performing. Steele is not performing.

He's not performing as well as he usually does but he's still contributing. I think that shows how much depth we lack that Bytel's good games are similar to Steele's bad ones and under that the cupboard is pretty bare. He was a big part of why we won against Sydney and he was still smashing in against the Tigers.

Ross reckons we’re still in good form. Let’s see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

I don't disagree. We are not a great side playing poor footy. We are an average banged up list playing competitive footy at the moment. In a season that a lot of games are a coin toss, we are going at about 50%. There is nothing outstanding about our form but apart from Port and the Pies no other side is either. The side is competitive most weeks and in games and still bringing through kids and we are hamstrung by injury to our depth.

I think the early season form has set the bar higher than it probably should have been. We don't look a natural top 4 side and would need to have most of our best players available to push into that top 4 and still need some luck.

His system is holding up. Richmond played much better footy than us, they didn't have any passengers and they kicked a few low percentage shots. They also played a much more experienced and solid side. We were in that match up to our eye balls. We still looked like we could chuck on a few goals late and pinch the match. I reckon a big portion of our best 22 played well below their best. Owens, Byrnes, Caminiti, Stocker, Gresham, Howard, Ross and Steele all had down games and we were still in the match. Could probably add Wilkie and Battle too. That system is holding up pretty well IMO.

I don't disagree. We are not a great side playing poor footy. We are an average banged up list playing competitive footy at the moment. In a season that a lot of games are a coin toss, we are going at about 50%. There is nothing outstanding about our form but apart from Port and the Pies no other side is either. The side is competitive most weeks and in games and still bringing through kids and we are hamstrung by injury to our depth.

I think the early season form has set the bar higher than it probably should have been. We don't look a natural top 4 side and would need to have most of our best players available to push into that top 4 and still need some luck.

His system is holding up. Richmond played much better footy than us, they didn't have any passengers and they kicked a few low percentage shots. They also played a much more experienced and solid side. We were in that match up to our eye balls. We still looked like we could chuck on a few goals late and pinch the match. I reckon a big portion of our best 22 played well below their best. Owens, Byrnes, Caminiti, Stocker, Gresham, Howard, Ross and Steele all had down games and we were still in the match. Could probably add Wilkie and Battle too. That system is holding up pretty well IMO.
We had 61 inside 50s for 15 scores, efficiency of 38% it’s been like this the whole year we are breaking down with connection with the forwards

We had 61 inside 50s for 15 scores, efficiency of 38% it’s been like this the whole year we are breaking down with connection with the forwards

Played the bulk of a triple premiership defence in wet weather but still kicked ourselves out of it. Part of that is experience. In that last quarter we seemed to find new ways to turn scoring shots into turnovers. I think a fair bit was on the forwards. Owens must have copped some attention and King was getting really angry at the attention he copped. Probably again on the mids and wings though. The Tigers had Cotchin, Martin and Taranto all pushing for BOG honours against a banged up Ross, Steele, Windy and Crouch.

We had a water-pistol against an AK-47. Cotchin and Martin tuned back the clock.

You've got to have confidence in a system that has had us in a position to win the game in every last quarter bar the Adelaide game.

We aren't a good enough side yet to get across the line each week but we are at least going ourselves the opportunity too which is a big step forward.

As shitty as I was on saturday night this is the reality. Richmond are a good team who has played poorly for the first quarter of the year. They are in form at the moment, playing on their home deck and in conditions they are much more suited to playing in then us due to the roof at marvel.
For all this garbage about "being outcoached" Lyon sure managed to turn it around at half time in regards to how we were playing the game.

Like most close games, had Higgins kicked that final one we were probably right in it to win and if Short hadden kicked two of the lowest percentage goals possible we are in the same position.

Can definitely take Brisbane on at Marvel where we can actually play to our gameplan.
Dougal will stay in, for all the bitching on here his "mistakes" were not adapting to the wet weather football properly and his height no longer being an advantage in defense. Needed for Daniher and Hipwood.
And with 10 minutes to go we were a real chance to win. When three shots for goal and not one score.

Played the bulk of a triple premiership defence in wet weather but still kicked ourselves out of it. Part of that is experience. In that last quarter we seemed to find new ways to turn scoring shots into turnovers. I think a fair bit was on the forwards. Owens must have copped some attention and King was getting really angry at the attention he copped. Probably again on the mids and wings though. The Tigers had Cotchin, Martin and Taranto all pushing for BOG honours against a banged up Ross, Steele, Windy and Crouch.

We had a water-pistol against an AK-47. Cotchin and Martin tuned back the clock.
We allowed Cotchin and Martin to turn back the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back