Preview Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 23rd June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the bulk of a triple premiership defence in wet weather but still kicked ourselves out of it. Part of that is experience. In that last quarter we seemed to find new ways to turn scoring shots into turnovers. I think a fair bit was on the forwards. Owens must have copped some attention and King was getting really angry at the attention he copped. Probably again on the mids and wings though. The Tigers had Cotchin, Martin and Taranto all pushing for BOG honours against a banged up Ross, Steele, Windy and Crouch.

We had a water-pistol against an AK-47. Cotchin and Martin tuned back the clock.
11 goals 4 from 61 entries is as bad as it gets we have a had this issue since rnd 1 and seem unable to get on top of it and fix it

Thought Crouch was great and Windhager very good let down by Ross and Steele

Was a game we should of won, 61 entries, 33 turnovers in the back half, with Howard and Wilkie giving the tigers 5 goals with real poor mistakes

Last edited:
Also, on midfield depth:

• Clark, Jones, Billings and McKenzie all unavailable
  • Owens and Phillipou being played in other positions

Bingo, there's your depth. Owens struggled on Saturday night, he's 19 and now he has clubs putting work into him. But it seems an ideal night to throw him in the guts, and it didn't happen.

Once again, no idea how we'll go.

Could get smashed, or we could turn it around this week.

Our form hasn't been good for a while. Basic decision making and execution still make games so much harder for us.

I realise it's still year 1 for RTB so I'm happy to keep the faith and see how things go after he's had some time back, but I don't really understand some of the coaching group's thinking at the moment, particularly with selection.

I'd like to see some separation in our forward line and for us to be a little less Max focused. Seeing Hammer take a few clean marks inside 50 on a lead would be a thing of beauty.

All that said.... I'd love to smash Brisbane.

Hope Butler has another great game... he's in ripping form at the moment.

Think Pou is close to a blinder too.

Expect Wilkie to bounce back.

Go Saints.

They've both played in three flags and have three Norm Smiths and two Brownlows between them. Perhaps they have some agency over their own performances.
Spot on.
These guys are not champions for nothing.

Think about if Philippou Owens Nas and Windy are playing a final maybe we win one. They’re development is off the charts AND imagine all the articles about our star draftees. Those 4 would be talked about non stop. We change the narrative in the media and brainwash the players into thinking they’re good.
We need to brainwash the near-elite free-agents into believing we're a viable contender that is worth signing to for a realistic cheque ...

Also, on midfield depth:

• Clark, Jones, Billings and McKenzie all unavailable
  • Owens and Phillipou being played in other positions

Bingo, there's your depth. Owens struggled on Saturday night, he's 19 and now he has clubs putting work into him. But it seems an ideal night to throw him in the guts, and it didn't happen.
Owens struggled due to the weather i'd say, it takes away his marking power and his aerobic power to run his man into the ground,typically suited Vlastuin to a tee as all he had to do was sit in the 1 area all game long, where we erred was playing dry weather footy in the wet typically Owens & Pou still thinking nothing changes under those conditions.

They've both played in three flags and have three Norm Smiths and two Brownlows between them. Perhaps they have some agency over their own performances.
1st time since 2021 Martin has that many possession
Watch the game and have a look at how much space they were given, we set up poorly on them which helped them have the games they did . RTB mentioned how badly we set up on them

Watch where Wood hack kicks it turns it over and Wood lost Cotchin who broke forward who goals 30 seconds later from 50

Go to the last quarter ball up tigers 50 Owens on Cothin he ball watched Cotchin breaks forward goals

Boundary throw in Crouch yelling for someone to pick Dusty up doesn’t happen Dusty gets the clear

We allowed them to do what they did and that’s why RTB. Has mentioned a few times how we didn’t follow instructions

60 points from turn overs

Last edited:
Once again, no idea how we'll go.

Could get smashed, or we could turn it around this week.

Our form hasn't been good for a while. Basic decision making and execution still make games so much harder for us.

I realise it's still year 1 for RTB so I'm happy to keep the faith and see how things go after he's had some time back, but I don't really understand some of the coaching group's thinking at the moment, particularly with selection.

I'd like to see some separation in our forward line and for us to be a little less Max focused. Seeing Hammer take a few clean marks inside 50 on a lead would be a thing of beauty.

All that said.... I'd love to smash Brisbane.

Hope Butler has another great game... he's in ripping form at the moment.

Think Pou is close to a blinder too.

Expect Wilkie to bounce back.

Go Saints.
Owens into the midfield
Sharman to play 3rd tall

1st time since 2021 Martin has that many possession
Watch the game and have a look at how much space they were given, we set up poorly on them witch helped them have the games they did . RTB mentioned how badly we set up on them

Watch where Wood hack kicks it turns it over and Wood lost Cotchin who broke forward who goals 30 seconds later from 50

Go to the last quarter ball up tigers 50 Owens on Cothin he ball watched Cotchin breaks forward goals

Boundary throw in Crouch yelling for someone to pick Dusty up doesn’t happen Dusty gets the clear

We allowed them to do what did and that’s why RTB. Has mentioned a few times how we didn’t follow instructions

60 points from turn overs

Fine - I know the only variable in any game we play is how we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone makes the criticism about forward entries.

No one ever suggests a plausible alternative. It's usually just cliche. Lowering your eyes just means you see the intercepting defender before you kick it to them.
How about
Don't kick it to the free man
Errr.. I don't think so

Errrr ok

11 goals 4 from 61 entries is as bad as it gets we have a had this issue since rnd 1 and seem unable to get on top of it and fix it

Thought Crouch was great and Windhager very good let down by Ross and Steele

Was a game we should of won, 61 entries, 33 turnovers in the back half, with Howard and Wilkie giving the tigers 5 goals with real poor mistakes
Thought Richmond were super aggressive, a push and shove here, a sling to the ground there, but nothing to draw a free. Grimes, like Cotchin, is a sniper but has been getting away with it for years.

Thought Richmond were super aggressive, a push and shove here, a sling to the ground there, but nothing to draw a free. Grimes, like Cotchin, is a sniper but has been getting away with it for years.
We won free kicks 25 to 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back