Preview Round 15 Changes - Port vs Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis
Out: The guys who won a contest to play in their numbers in the Giants game

In - Visentini Rioli Scully and some small forwards that I haven't seen.

**** Mcentee off

Don't think Dante has played a game in 3 weeks.

I suspect Soldos knee is an issue and they made sure Sweet got a full run in the sanfl with a view to him playing against Brisbane if Soldo is cactus.

Don't think Dante has played a game in 3 weeks.

I suspect Soldos knee is an issue and they made sure Sweet got a full run in the sanfl with a view to him playing against Brisbane if Soldo is cactus.

It looked like they were checking Soldo's knee on the sideline while Aliir was off.

Doc Fisher probably confirmed it didn't have concussion.

If we play with the same level of passion against Brisbane we'll be killed. I think Rioli may give a lift if he gets up. Other than him we have the weakest small forward line-up in the competition. Anasta had a poor game and so he's not in contention. Jones for all his faults at least gives an effort and should come in for Williams, who is way out of form and was unfortunately really poor. Houston and Zerk-Thatcher are the only defenders who can hold their heads up but Farrell and Aliir tried and had some good moments.

Out: Dinky slow kicks that get cut off, Williams, Evans, Soldo and McEntee
In: Sharp passing, Jones, Rioli, Lorenz and Sweet

I don't know if there's much we can do to be a chance. At risk of sounding like Ken, I don't think we'd be better off with some of the players who didn't play. Nearly everyone had an off night and it's clear there's an issue beyond selection (which has been clear since, what, 2018 at the latest?) so does it even matter who they bring in and out? Brisbane's resurgence will start with this match and we're only winning maybe 5 or 6 matches for the rest of the year. Season is gone so who cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if there's much we can do to be a chance. At risk of sounding like Ken, I don't think we'd be better off with some of the players who didn't play. Nearly everyone had an off night and it's clear there's an issue beyond selection (which has been clear since, what, 2018 at the latest?) so does it even matter who they bring in and out? Brisbane's resurgence will start with this match and we're only winning maybe 5 or 6 matches for the rest of the year. Season is gone so who cares?
Yep. We won’t make the eight.

Harris Andrews gets to play his 200th against Todd Marshall. What more can you ask for

Live ladders now has us finishing 9th and squiggle has us 8th, half a game ahead of Brisbane.

This is the classic 8pt game.
Does the squiggle tell you how many goalless quarters we have to look forward to?

I’m going with 2 next week.

I'd pick Jones just to run through whoever is tagging Butters. No one else would do it.
It’s staggering that neither Butters nor Carr nor Butters teammates have been able to make any positive adjustments since the tagging started in the game against Hawthorn. Butters basically seems to have disappeared this last month. Nowhere near the footy. On the bench for very long periods. Completely unsighted and unthreatening up forward. Are we trying to shake the tag or find ways to get him involved or just conceding that it’s a bit too hard for him right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back