Game Day Round 15: Collingwood vs. Adelaide, MCG Sun 25 June 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a weird post !

Why’s it weird?

I just don’t think we’ve been playing all that well for quite a while, despite our ladder position. I don’t think our recent form measures up too well against Port or Geelong’s currently. Or Brisbane’s best. I’m hoping to see greater consistency and going for the kill rather than easing the foot off the throat as we have been regularly doing during matches this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why’s it weird?

I just don’t think we’ve been playing all that well for quite a while, despite our ladder position. I don’t think our recent form measures up too well against Port or Geelong’s currently. Or Brisbane’s best. I’m hoping to see greater consistency and going for the kill rather than easing the foot off the throat as we have been regularly doing during matches this season.

Brisbane's best? Do you think their best is better than our best?

Why’s it weird?

Outside of port no team has been playing consistent good footy

Some people expect us to win by 10 goals every week in a bloody tough comp.
I think we are able to control games a little and sometimes it makes us look vulnerable. Healthy percentage though.
Finals football will be played differently.
Keep the foot on the throat.

Complacency will lead to disaster.

Our percentage actually isn’t very high for a side at 11-2. We’ve been doing enough but not smashing sides.

We’ve been comfortably beaten by Brisbane and Melbourne and beat Geelong and Port early in the season when both were out of form. We haven’t made a big on-field statement since around 2. Every team genuinely thinks they have a chance against us because we keep them in it. It’s time for that to stop.

It’s time for us to show a harder, ruthless edge.

Geelong played well for 3 quarters before we overran them late. Port were coming off a 10 goal belting of Brisbane. Hardly out of form. The Lions did a number on us in a 15 min patch of footy. We lost to Melbourne by under a kick.

What i can agree with is that tomorrow is the start of a march to the finals. A statement game we are due to see.

Fly has made it clear that he doesn’t believe in “managing” players but he is certainly not averse to experimenting with different set ups to gain an advantage over the opposition. I think we’ll see a few different set ups leading up to finals. With Howe and Elliott back and JDG, Sidey, McStay also set to resume over the coming weeks he has plenty of scope to try things.
With Howe back we have reverted to the backline that got us within a whisker of a GF and with Markov off the bench he seems to be opting for speed and versatility this week. Given that Thilthorpe is Adelaide’s only really tall forward at 202cm (Fogarty and Walker solid 194cm players) I can see the logic in Fly’s approach. I also think Howe gives us another really good intercepting option. I thought Frampton looked a little uncomfortable against slightly smaller, faster players e.g. VanRooyen but has done well against the taller one’s. Expect Beau to be the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back