Round 15: Geelong v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong v Collingwood

Once again, a vital game this week. We've dropped one against a team, on form, we should have beaten. Kelly, probably our most constructive midfielder this year (Ling's had more possies but isn't as damaging) is gone and must be forgotten for now. We have a 6 day turnaround and the trip back from Perth to overcome.

What are peoples thoughts?

Did we get lazy over the break?

Did the injury to Kelly have an impact?

Can we come up against an improving Collingwood?

If Mooney is suspended, I would like to see Chambers come into the team to relieve Kingy a bit more. Despite Mooney's best efforts, he gets killed in the hit outs and gives first use up. King should be used more up forward to get some touch back and to remember how to take contested grabs.

What would Gumby be reported for? I wasn't overly interested in last nights game, given the circumstances.

Shall sticky this too.

It's said basically every week about Geelong. This will be a huge test for them. I think how we play in this game will determine how well we will go in the finals (providing we make them).

Yep, agree, this match is a must-win. If it's ok for Brisbane to drop the odd match, it's ok for us. So last weeks loss, in itself was not too serious. Even the manner of it, depolrable as it was, could be argued to be an understandable abberation. Not too many people would be totally focused after watching a kid die in the work area that you're about to occupy. However teams like Brisbane don't drop two in a row, and that's what we should be aiming to do.

Kelly is gone and Collingwood are finally playing into some form, the challenge has been laid and now is the time to rise to it.

Hang on, settle down a sec.

We have only dropped 2 games, both interstate, by 4 and 2 points in the last 9 rounds.

So lets drop this '2002' talk. We a far better side now, and will prove it in the run to the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Jim Boy
Hasn't been reported as yet, and I can't see how they could report him. There is no video footage, the umpires didn't make a report and nobody directly involved has come out and said that anything illegal happened.

Considering Kerr got the ball and ran just a few seconds later,it couldn't be that bad.

Tim Gooseage was wetting himself mentioning Kerr getting cleaned up. :rolleyes:

Been done before by the Carlton cheersquad. the lions cheersquad on grand final day and the essendon guys even had a crack at it on ANZAC Day. Been severly tested. Go for it, whilst we laughed at the imitation last time. We would just see it as someone copying someone elses idea. And you would get laughed at as an idiot.

Originally posted by bugeyz
I know this may sound a bit arrogant but I am giving seriously thinking of getting a gold jacket and running around near all of those collingwood w@ankers who think they are the ****. Just give them a taste of their own medine.

Thats all well and good, providing we win. "Game Over" chant wouldnt be too much to ask would it?

Originally posted by nananana catman
Thats all well and good, providing we win. "Game Over" chant wouldnt be too much to ask would it?
Fai call. Maybe that will be enough to shut them up. I can't believe how they all think they are the greatest team in the league just because they beat Hawthorn. Collingwood supporters would be good in a team which requires confidence ....if they were any good. It really is a joke. I hope that we go into tis 100% committed and come out on top. If not we are not going to hear the end of how good Collingwood are and the finals will certainly have them in there.

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG
Friday, 7:40pm, Telstra Dome

COLLINGWOOD
B: Johnson, Wakelin, Clement
HB: Cole, Prestigiacomo, Swan
C: Woewodin, Buckley, Lockyer
HF: Didak, Rocca, O'Bree
F: McKee, Tarrant, Davis
FOLL: Fraser, Burns, Licuria
I/C: Holland, Lonie, Maxwell, Rowe
EMG: Williams, Lokan, Walker
IN: Maxwell
OUT: J. Cloke (corked leg)

GEELONG
B: Corey, Scarlett, Milburn
HB: Hunt, Harley, Sanderson
C: Wojcinski, Ling, Riccardi
HF: Kingsley, Mooney, Bartel
F: Moloney, Graham, Mackie
FOLL: King, Chapman, Ablett
I/C: Gardiner, S. Johnson, Callan, Chambers
EMG: Spriggs, Koulouriotis, Playfair
IN: Gardiner, Chambers, Callan
OUT: Kelly (broken leg), Haynes, Rahilly

I'll be cheering on the Cats in this game, I like em because they're a young side with a lot of potential - lets hope they do well.

But the main reason i want them to win is to shutup these arrogant Collingwood supporters. I nearly choked on my breakfast when I read in the paper that Collingwood were $1.85 in the betting, Geelong $1.90. WTF?

But Collingwood beat Hawthorn, who are clearly underskilled and uninterested, and they think they're back to the grand final form of the last two years. The only real team they have beaten was the Kangaroos. Even the Saints, in their huge slump at the moment, beat Hawthorn by 65 points, they really limped over the line - and that shows how bad the Hawks are.

So come on Cats!!! Go one step closer to shutting Collingwood up about the finals.

Looking forward to Tonight Game. Hope its a Good One. I like your Team, I think they are good, Hope you make a Rocous in the Finals.

Just between you and me, Put us out of our Misery, I won't Mick to play the kids. And thats only way its gonna happen.

I'm Tipping the Pies by 16 but you will probably win.

Good Luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 15: Geelong v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back