Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry I did misread where you said the lesser teams rest players, not the top teams. However, you've taken it of course again. I was focussing on wanting to play Carlton and teams around them at full strength, not the top 4 teams. You seemed to be suggesting getting an easy run in against injury depleted teams every week would be ideal.

I agree getting finals experience for this team would be great. I guess I differ to you on the ideal preparation going into the finals.

However, due to my lack of footy forum knowledge, I will leave it at that.

Not ideal week in, week out but it can help sides to have a couple of games where they don't get pushed as much by the opposition. This is a fault of ours currently. We can't/don't put other sides away quickly enough. Playing against an underdone Carlton side could help us develop that skill.

As I said before, if we had a year where we played under strength teams every week and won a flag because of it, then I wouldn't have a problem with that. I'm not suggesting for a second that I expect nor want that as my desired outcome.

You are talking about finals preparation, I'm talking about making the finals. We are still a long way from a lock for finals imo..... Once we are a lock, then worry about the preparation. The fact that we have beaten Freo (close to full strength), Syd (full strength and after playing horrible football for a half) and the Pies (close to full strength and after playing horrible football for a qtr) leads me to believe that if we make it, then we will be prepared. We know Carlton aren't going to make it nor many poor teams obviously so I'm more worried about how we play against good teams. Therefore playing the lesser teams and beating them while they are underdone, doesn't worry me in the slightest.

However, happy to agree to disagree.

Danger game written all over it, not confident at all. Especially with all their returns, players like Kruezer, Carazzo, Simpson, Murphy, Gibbs...they've caused us major headaches in the past.
Judd and Thomas are their match winners against us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I want;
In/ Hampson, McDonough, Lennon
Out/ Maric, Griffiths, Newman

What we will probably get;
Hampson, McBean, Morris
Maric, Griffiths, Lambert

:drunk:

Fairly confident, i'm going to make a profit from this game:
2v2ibh3.jpg

What I want;
In/ Hampson, McDonough, Lennon
Out/ Maric, Griffiths, Newman

What we will probably get;
Hampson, McBean, Morris
Maric, Griffiths, Lambert

:drunk:
I think it will just be hampson , mcbean in for maric and griff. Dimma won't change too much for a winning side . Expect hammer to get subbed out 3qt with 5 touches and 20 hitouts

Fairly confident, i'm going to make a profit from this game:
2v2ibh3.jpg
You got good odds there. Just checked on Tatts and Tiges were $1.35 and the Boos were $3.20. You musta caught 'em on the hop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back