Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible ins and outs. Why reward McDonough and Lennon when they arent playing anywhere near the appropriate level? Bizarre. Hampson only comes in out of necessity.
McDonough has been very consistent the last month and at a high level
He got 18 disposals in only half a game on the weekend (his game time was managed incase he's needed tomorrow)
Lennon has been getting a fair bit of the ball too

Horrible ins and outs. Why reward McDonough and Lennon when they arent playing anywhere near the appropriate level? Bizarre. Hampson only comes in out of necessity.

What a crock. They've both performed consistently well if not very well at VFL level, more so McDonough. 18 touches (10 contested) and 7 tackles in a half not good enough for you?

I got to say I am not unhappy with that. Tyrone might just dominate up forward tomorrow night, hopefully will give Rowe/Jamison a touch up IMO.
Yep - Reckon we are a much better chance of kicking a winning score with Hampster jumping all over the Carlton rucks around the ground and Vickery forward with Jack.... even if Bean also comes in.
Will ensure Carlton tall backs have to man up more and will find it harder to double up on Jack.
If we can keep our forward half open we will win comfortably IMO.

(Oh - assuming we bring 2nd half v Sydney intensity of course)

What a crock. They've both performed consistently well if not very well at VFL level, more so McDonough. 18 touches (10 contested) and 7 tackles in a half not good enough for you?

Ask Myles Sewell (undrafted despite multiple Liston Medals), Pendlebury's brother, even Kane Lambert just how much of a false economy VFL stats can be.

McDonough and Lennon play in the VFL for around 100 minutes per week. However they train with the AFL team.. under the watchful eye of the coaches and match committee. Maybe they're not performing the role that the coaches want them to.. Early in the year Menadue, C.Ellis, Lambert, and Drummond got games before them, and before his injury I hear Castagna was the likely next cab off the rank..

Any fringe AFL player should kill it in the 2's. The people who watch them all week seem to think they're not ready/able to contribute in the 1's to the standard required. They're both young, they have every chance to get there, but at this point if the match committee thinks Newman's contribution is what they need then so be it.

#inb4theybothgetnamedthisafternoon

Are you only going on the last 2 weeks? That's pretty low standrards of consistency if thats all thats required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy, but I'm also biased. Waiting for the teams to be announced and the possible BF meltdown if starting. I know he's in the 25 already.

I'm happy, but I'm also biased. Waiting for the teams to be announced and the possible BF meltdown if starting. I know he's in the 25 already.
I'm not against him getting a crack - especially if he comes in to smash up the bloos mids at stopages...
Just interested to see who comes out. Maybe Lambert.

I'm not against him getting a crack - especially if he comes in to smash up the bloos mids at stopages...
Just interested to see who comes out. Maybe Lambert.

Given Dimmas presser i'd say we'd be looking at Hampson, Astbury and Thomas in, with Maric, Griffiths and Lambert out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back