Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible ins and outs. Why reward McDonough and Lennon when they arent playing anywhere near the appropriate level? Bizarre. Hampson only comes in out of necessity.

ur kidding me, surely u jest....They are 2 of 4-5 who have been our most consistent in the VFL.....
To many players in the seniors being gifted games ie: hunt, newy, and lambert hadnt played for like 10 weeks plays one good game in the VFL and straight in, his 2 games V swans and GWS = average, no goals too....

Reward the players who are playing well.....

Matt McDonough
18 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 7 tackles
Only played a half of footy and still had 18 touches. Impacted the game in crucial stoppages and played a high level of AFL footy. Another player pushing for senior selection.

Ben Lennon
25 disposals, 9 contested, 3 marks
Played his best game for us on the wing; this was his second or third week playing on the wing. He continues to improve in this area. He got up and down the ground well and used the ball as well as Benny does, we were extremely pleased with his performance.

Hardwick press conference; says, Hampson has earnt his spot wtf? correct me if im wrong but he hasn't played for about a month....We all know hampson is good for tap-outs but match fitness surely would be underdone, kruezer will run him ragged around the ground....Would rather Vickery in the ruck with Mcbean and Jack in the fwd line with the mids/smalls in support....

He did mention Mcbean or Astbury for a possible 2nd tall in but also said not sure whether we go tall or short.....Hoping we go small in McDonough need more class around the ball and in the fwd line...

I'd bring in Astbury to play forward before McBean, McBean still isn't ready imo. Astbury we know can take a grab at AFL level.

Hampson is Hampson, he should be competitive in the hitouts but won't offer much around the ground. Still, it's better to bring him in to allow us to keep Vickery forward in an attempt to stretch their defence.

Horrible ins and outs. Why reward McDonough and Lennon when they arent playing anywhere near the appropriate level? Bizarre. Hampson only comes in out of necessity.

giphy.gif

Are you only going on the last 2 weeks? That's pretty low standrards of consistency if thats all thats required.

No, McDonough has performed well all year. Lennon has been more sporadic but all up their performances at VFL level been better and more consistent than some, ie. Gordon.

Thomas,Morris,Mcdonut Gordon lloyd etc
Some better than others - some are required players to have on the fringes as back-up which I guess is your point... when others are fit, move these fellas out.
I just don't care for the spud term...

In fact our 'spuds' in the last year or so >>>>>>>>>> our spuds from a few years ago!

So that's a positive. :thumbsu:

The only way I'd be happy with Thomas is if its pretty much a given that it is going to rain. Play him as sub, then when the rain comes down sub out Hammer and bring in Thomas and put Vickery in the ruck. Only problem would be if there is an injury.

The only way I'd be happy with Thomas is if its pretty much a given that it is going to rain. Play him as sub, then when the rain comes down sub out Hammer and bring in Thomas and put Vickery in the ruck. Only problem would be if there is an injury.
I am not happy with Thomas in any situation...
We NEED to have someone with ability to provide the grunt he does, and they need to learn it in the 1's.
Who are we genuinely worried about in their midfield that we have to play Thomas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not happy with Thomas in any situation...
We NEED to have someone with ability to provide the grunt he does, and they need to learn it in the 1's.
Who are we genuinely worried about in their midfield that we have to play Thomas
We have someone - Conca.

But he hurt.

Would like to see
Ins McDonough, Hammer (no choice) and McBean
Outs Lambert, Maric and Griff.

We're playing big boy footy now that its July supposedly... We have struggled to get ourselves up for most of the last month and are lucky to have only lost 1 game, surely we will be concentrating on getting the effort right from the first bounce this time around. We need a top 4 finish and the double chance to have any hope of going deep, we cant afford to drop anymore of these games vs bottom 8 teams.

Can someone do me some clearance and centre clearance differential stats.
Because apparently we will lose by 100 because they are #1 in the middle and #4 overall while we are last and 15th combined with Hampson playing. And that makes me cocky and deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back