Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a laugh :p

I'd still bring McBean in and give him some ruck time
Otherwise it's #hammertime

You never know with you and bean :p

Hammer is a no brainer, if fit. Problem is if he isn't. Where's Shane Tuck when we need him :D

For me, I hope we do something a little out of the box.

Out Maric ( Susp),Gordon
In Lennon,Elton

My thought is that this is the perfect game to throw the challenge to our big men who aspire to be second ruck. Give Tyrone the number one ruck for the game with Griffiths as his second. Play Jack and Griffiths deep. Griffith interchanges with Tyrone when Ty needs a break. I would think play Lennon at HHF with spurts in the midfield and give him the challenge to go for it.

Gordon is stiff to miss out but he is a depth player, I would then plonk Elton back to replace Chaplin and actually play Chaplin forward...he is a good mark and it would be interesting to see how he goes. So that will allow us to keep our 3 tall structure and also plonk some development time in two future starting 22 players.

Gordon out over Newman is a very odd call. Both played forward, one was presenting all day and was thoroughly involved while the other was invisible for most of the day.

McBean up forward Vickery to ruck all day

Lennon sub
Maric and lambert out

I had Astbury as an in but griff will play

Looking at our Ruck 'options', the cupboard really is pretty bare, although it's more just awful timing rather than a lack of possible options.

Maric - susp.
Hampson - fitness???
Vickery - OK
Griffiths - fitness???
McBean - stick figure - Does OK at VFL level, but would probably be monstered.
Elton - Maybe - Has done it occasionally at VFL level
Chaplin - Has he rucked before?
Soldo - rookie list, way too inexperienced.
Astbury - Has he ever rucked? Has been out injured, but IIRC has had 1 game back.

Not counting Jack/Rance - too valuable to risk in the ruck.

Dare I say, we might need to actually play Grigg in the ruck :D

RICHMOND INJURY LIST - 06/07/2015
Player Injury Estimated Return
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Nathan Foley Knee Indefinite
Ricky Petterd Foot Indefinite
Dan Butler Knee 1-2 weeks
Corey Ellis Hip flexor 1-2 weeks
Jason Castagna Ankle 1-2 weeks
Reece Conca Hamstring 1 week
Shaun Hampson Knee Available

RICHMOND INJURY LIST - 06/07/2015
Player Injury Estimated Return
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Nathan Foley Knee Indefinite
Ricky Petterd Foot Indefinite
Dan Butler Knee 1-2 weeks
Corey Ellis Hip flexor 1-2 weeks
Jason Castagna Ankle 1-2 weeks
Reece Conca Hamstring 1 week
Shaun Hampson Knee Available
Be nice to finally get Butler some game time, poor kid
Next 2 weeks are going to be really good for us injury-wise

Its happening:

Matt McDonough
18 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 7 tackles

Only played a half of footy and still had 18 touches. Impacted the game in crucial stoppages and played a high level of AFL footy. Another player pushing for senior selection.

1399144244793.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says in the "in the mix" write up on afl.com that hammer was pulled from the vfl match when it "became apparent" that maric might be out

Its happening:

Matt McDonough
18 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 7 tackles

Only played a half of footy and still had 18 touches. Impacted the game in crucial stoppages and played a high level of AFL footy. Another player pushing for senior selection.

FINALLY! It better .... they are some rediculous figures and he's been consistent for a few weeks now

They have taken that straight from Newman's press conference. That article reads way to confident, reckon they have gone too early. Newman was far from confident sounded more like he was guessing rather then actually knowing. With "I think" being used quite a bit and "I don't know" and "not sure" and "might". He may well still be out but i wouldn't be thinking Newman knew for sure and wasn't just guessing. Some bad journalism right there, which is a 50/50 chance of paying off.

Edit: **** newman is a good guesser and lucky ******* age

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back