Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be dangerous playing McBean and not Hampson. What if TV was injured? Hammer and bean along with McDonough or Lennon for Ivy, Griff and Lambert (wasn't bad but we need better) and/or Newman.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

370194-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg
:p;)

I thought the Basil (supported by Bruce and Dennis) was the worst commentator in the game after watching a majority of ch7 games over the last few months. But saw some Fox highlights over the weekend and Dwayne doesn't get enough coverage for just how poor he is. Heard him call two goals with "That's almost goal of the year" in two different games. Couple that with his "crazy good" lines and i think he's probably the worst going around.
True, but its better than the low tone commentary from the ch7 boys. They don't get up for anyone.

Cripps and Everitt likely. Docherty ditto. Rowe back. Walker, Carazzo & Menzel chances.

We'd better not bloody lose. 4 points my only concern.

Was hoping Cripps and EverItt were going to be out :( Docherty to as he's a pretty good player i reckon. The scum always lift a notch for us doesn't matter where they are on the ladder . 5 weeks ago i would of said we would win by 10 goals but not anymore they have improved under Barker.

This got danger game written all over it especially also now with Ivan out.

Genuinely worried about this game, will not be as comfortable as some people think, will be a scrap all night, some straight goal kicking would be nice this week!

I never/rarely think a game is going to be easy.... the problem with having supported the RFC for so long through the bleak years...:(

I pretty much just want to see the same thing week in, week out. 4 qtrs of intense at the ball and the man football, with players taking the game on and the players working hard away from the ball, defensively and offensively. When we do this, we give ourselves a good chance of winning regardless of the opposition.

Was hoping Cripps and EverItt were going to be out :( Docherty to as he's a pretty good player i reckon. The scum always lift a notch for us doesn't matter where they are on the ladder . 5 weeks ago i would of said we would win by 10 goals but not anymore they have improved under Barker.

This got danger game written all over it especially also now with Ivan out.

Hoping some of these guys play under-done, will help immensely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harden up boys! Prefer to play everyone at full strength. What are you expecting come finals? If we can't beat this rabble at full strength we may as well start preparing for next year.

I'd like to make finals before I worry about them! We aren't at full strength this week and will be playing at least 1 of the biggest duds in our team I've ever seen..... so given that, I'm perfectly happy for Carlton to roll out an U/14 team if it helps us get the 4 points....

Need to vibe up and roar the boys home like the last quarter against Razor Ray' boys.

He's from Canberra :rolleyes:

Oh and he knows that his first ever client is a die-hard RFC supporter. He usually rings me if he's had a 'mare (after his review) and tells me what he got wrong. Absolutely ripping bloke....

Incidentally.... rated Milburn as the biggest dickhead he had ever umpired....

Looks like it is "Hammer time" with Hampson's withdrawal being tactical:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-07/in-the-mix-round-14

Ruckman Shaun Hampson is poised to step in to replace suspended big man Ivan Maric and play his first senior game since round 14 last season. Hampson was a late withdrawal in the VFL last Sunday when it became apparent he might be required this Friday night to cover Maric, who was on report. The Tigers are also likely to call on young key forward Liam McBean (four goals in the VFL) to replace Ben Griffiths, who suffered a shoulder injury in round 14. Others pushing for selection in the VFL are Ben Lennon, Matt Dea and Matt McDonough, who were among the Tigers best players in their win against North Ballarat at the weekend. - Nathan Schmook

I'd like to make finals before I worry about them! We aren't at full strength this week and will be playing at least 1 of the biggest duds in our team I've ever seen..... so given that, I'm perfectly happy for Carlton to roll out an U/14 team if it helps us get the 4 points....
You've completely missed the point about cruising into finals on easy wins. Every team has injuries. We are still,even with these two out, doing well on that front.

Personally hate hollow wins against understrength bottom 4 teams. Maybe that's just me.

Maric out hurts and Griff now is a blow. Makes me a bit worried about this one.

If its not too wet on Friday, I'd bring Hampson (surely would fire up against his old mates), McBean for Griffiths to keep our forward structure intact. I'd be also tempted to give Lennon and McDonough a look in but we might be pushing our luck a bit with too many changes as is.

Have to play Hampson the more I think about it.

He just needs to win hit outs and stay out of the way or at least bring the ball to ground when we are kicking in from full back etc.

If it's wet replace Griff with a small?

Happy to line up like this on Friday night:

B/ Grimes - Chaplin - Batchelor
HB/ Houli - Rance - Vlastuin
C/ B Ellis - Grigg - McIntosh
HF/ Gordon - Vickery - Deledio
F/ Edwards - Riewoldt - McDonough
R/ Hampson - Cotchin - Martin
Int/ Miles - Newman - Hunt - Lambert

OUT: Maric, Griffiths
IN: Hampson, McDonough

Big call- Hampson to have an absolute blinder both ruck and forward.

Question- Anyone be up for promoting Matt Thomas for this one at the expense of Newman/Hunt/Lambert?
Question 2- I say Lambert deserves another game but would people feel more comfortable with Morris in the side? Was prob offering more than Lambert (so far) and could also start to take a bit of a mark here and there. Definitely taller/harder.
Question 3- Newman or Hunt out for someone else? (Menadue/Lennon?)

Not sure what the worry about this game is? i know as a richmond supporter it's only normal. But let's be honest, we are pushing for a top 4 spot and we are playing a really poor side with no match winners. We haven't lost any of our back 7 which is in great form, our midfield is in tact and we have jack in career best form. I'm sick of worrying when we play pea heart teams like the scum this weekend. They should be fearing us! You can't mention top four contenders and in the same breathe say your worried to beat a team who has 3 wins for the year. 10 goal win
Eat em alive

For me, I hope we do something a little out of the box.

Out Maric ( Susp),Gordon
In Lennon,Elton

My thought is that this is the perfect game to throw the challenge to our big men who aspire to be second ruck. Give Tyrone the number one ruck for the game with Griffiths as his second. Play Jack and Griffiths deep. Griffith interchanges with Tyrone when Ty needs a break. I would think play Lennon at HHF with spurts in the midfield and give him the challenge to go for it.

Gordon is stiff to miss out but he is a depth player, I would then plonk Elton back to replace Chaplin and actually play Chaplin forward...he is a good mark and it would be interesting to see how he goes. So that will allow us to keep our 3 tall structure and also plonk some development time in two future starting 22 players.
Gordon was pretty good against GWS, he's not going to get dropped.

Not sure what the worry about this game is? i know as a richmond supporter it's only normal. But let's be honest, we are pushing for a top 4 spot and we are playing a really poor side with no match winners. We haven't lost any of our back 7 which is in great form, our midfield is in tact and we have jack in career best form. I'm sick of worrying when we play pea heart teams like the scum this weekend. They should be fearing us! You can't mention top four contenders and in the same breathe say your worried to beat a team who has 3 wins for the year. 10 goal win
Eat em alive
Worry because we are richmond. If the last 2 weeks weren't an indication what we can do then you have every right to be not worried.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back