VFL Round 15 v Northern Bullants, Sunday July 7, 2:05pm AEST, Genis Steel Oval Preston

Remove this Banner Ad

We're having a look now PH and he's not going to improve our list this season as he would just be an average or less third tall.
I know this was a massacre, but seriously...who is our third tall that he would be competing with right now?

IMO, Davidson is a Type A personality and would be the type to rise to the challenge of AFL.

Taking a step back however, the 2nd bottom club (now rock-bottom) reckoned it didn't need to take a 6 month look at someone/anyone to find a diamond in the rough? There might be a good reason for that, but the club doesn't communicate these things with us rank-and-file members, which just generates frustration.

I know this was a massacre, but seriously...who is our third tall that he would be competing with right now?

IMO, Davidson is a Type A personality and would be the type to rise to the challenge of AFL.

Taking a step back however, the 2nd bottom club (now rock-bottom) reckoned it didn't need to take a 6 month look at someone/anyone to find a diamond in the rough? There might be a good reason for that, but the club doesn't communicate these things with us rank-and-file members, which just generates frustration.
We have LeFau and Gray went down. We don’t want to go back to the Coburg Tigers days and put every kid that shows a bit of potential on the list. I think Toce looked at it and said we’re having retirements, delistings and trades at seasons end so we will see the number of vacancies and restock from there. I think it’s the wisest option as we look at the draft first with also trades available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have LeFau and Gray went down. We don’t want to go back to the Coburg Tigers days and put every kid that shows a bit of potential on the list. I think Toce looked at it and said we’re having retirements, delistings and trades at seasons end so we will see the number of vacancies and restock from there. I think it’s the wisest option as we look at the draft first with also trades available.
isnt it a 6mth rookie listing? seriously, what was the risk? at worst he is average and we dont extend, at best he kills it and we get first dibs for free.

I think its only uncontracted players that can skip the National Draft??
I think you might be right. I think they changed the rules after the Swans did what I'm talking about with Kieran Jack.

Our forward line was a rugby player and a bunch of small defenders masquerading as forwards, wouldve thought we could use a player who kicks goals and can run all day.
Agree, but he’s no more physically advanced than Gray and they went for Gray. As I said with so many players possibly going at seasons end through trades, retirement and delistings they wanted to see if there’s better available to trade in or in the draft. Seventeen other clubs weren’t interested so I think we haven’t lost anything. People wanted May as well, but they settled on one project young forward in Gray. Also remember there’s still Fawcett as another young project.

Last edited:
Agree, but he’s no more physically advanced than Gray and they went for Gray. As I said with so many players possibly going at seasons end through trades, retirement and delistings they wanted to see if theirs better available to trade in or in the draft. Seventeen other clubs weren’t interested so I think we haven’t lost anything. People wanted May as well, but they settled on one project young forward in Gray. Also remember there’s still Fawcett as another young project.

Did Sammy give you poor medical advice or something? Haven’t had a nice word to say about him at all. BE NICE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back