Preview Round 16 2024 – Adelaide Crows v GWS Giants, Saturday June 29, 7.30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumming is part of the midfield/wing mix now and it’s unlikely he’ll line up in defence. I think he’s a better player than Angwin but it depends on his fitness and form coming off a long layoff.
Agreed but Angwin was playing defence so Cumming isn’t replacing him. Perryman is replacing Angwin.

Cogs for muff
Cumming for ???

Cumming is part of the midfield/wing mix now and it’s unlikely he’ll line up in defence. I think he’s a better player than Angwin but it depends on his fitness and form coming off a long layoff.
Cumming was on managed time last week, so probably at least 1 more week away

Interesting stats. Of course, Cogs is not the only player we've been missing from games that were lost:

How much better can the Giants be with Stephen Coniglio?

It's not like this is a foreign concept to the Giants -- Coniglio having not played since sustaining a shoulder injury in the club's win over Geelong in Round 11 -- but the star midfielder missed three matches earlier in the season, too, and the team is 6-2 with him, and 3-6 without him this season. That's not to say GWS' fortunes rest solely on Coniglio's shoulders (pun not intended), but you also can't doubt his line-breaking ability has been missed, and injecting him back in the mix with Tom Green, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan and Callan Ward makes Adam Kingsley's engine room a touch more formidable. He was listed as a test last week and came up short, but if he returns this week, keep an eye on that midfield brigade.

That's not to say GWS' fortunes rest solely on Coniglio's shoulders (pun not intended), but you also can't doubt his line-breaking ability has been missed, and injecting him back in the mix with Tom Green , Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan and Callan Ward makes Adam Kingsley 's engine room a touch more formidable.
Yes, his line-breaking and fast feet are important but his defensive aspects are just as vital.

Interesting stats. Of course, Cogs is not the only player we've been missing from games that were lost:

How much better can the Giants be with Stephen Coniglio?

It's not like this is a foreign concept to the Giants -- Coniglio having not played since sustaining a shoulder injury in the club's win over Geelong in Round 11 -- but the star midfielder missed three matches earlier in the season, too, and the team is 6-2 with him, and 3-6 without him this season. That's not to say GWS' fortunes rest solely on Coniglio's shoulders (pun not intended), but you also can't doubt his line-breaking ability has been missed, and injecting him back in the mix with Tom Green, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan and Callan Ward makes Adam Kingsley's engine room a touch more formidable. He was listed as a test last week and came up short, but if he returns this week, keep an eye on that midfield brigade.
he is a huge out.

I think Cogs and perryman are a must. Probably Jones for some Zip.

Not sure I agree with Ash coming out though.

Will be tough for selection committee which is a good thing.

We lose so much structure without Taylor, but lucky that Buckley is back in there.

Must win game this one

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much only one person thinks Ash should come out after 1 game back and signing on this week.
No concept of what's going on.

Having Cogs and Perryman gives us so much poise and sound decisions making.

Cumming is cumming off restricted time in the VFL but will be handy on the wing so Finn can continue to get inside mid time.

I think we could find some more scoring power this weekend with better entries.
Snooze back in the forward line for me.

Pretty much only one person thinks Ash should come out after 1 game back and signing on this week.
No concept of what's going on.

Having Cogs and Perryman gives us so much poise and sound decisions making.

Cumming is cumming off restricted time in the VFL but will be handy on the wing so Finn can continue to get inside mid time.

I think we could find some more scoring power this weekend with better entries.
Snooze back in the forward line for me.
Going to be interesting team selection. Didn’t think cumming could force his way back in. If he is playing wing then it puts a lot of pressure on XO, Thomas and Snooze

King as post match spoke about players making the same errors and snooze disposal hasn’t been great so maybe he is under the pump 🤷

Going to be interesting team selection. Didn’t think cumming could force his way back in. If he is playing wing then it puts a lot of pressure on XO, Thomas and Snooze

King as post match spoke about players making the same errors and snooze disposal hasn’t been great so maybe he is under the pump 🤷
No chance.

So from last week's line-up, I'm guessing:

IN: Coniglio, Perryman and Cumming.
OUTS: Peatling, McMullin and Angwin.

I'm not overly impressed with Ash and Himmelberg in the side at the same time right now.

Although, now that there's a timeline for Taylor's return, perhaps that will give the impetus for the entire backline to sort themselves out.

One will go when Taylor is fit, so the next few weeks will be very interesting.

With the exception of Sam Taylor, this is a full strength team now, so the time has come to get on a roll or else we won’t even be playing finals.

XO pretty stiff to miss on recent form.

XOH very stiff
Someone had to go. He's done everything right to stick around and make a spot his sooner rather than later though, which is leaps and bounds above where he was at the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back