Review Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher (sub)

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [38] Bruce Reville

• [41] Darragh Joyce

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a roller coaster. I thought Dunkley, Clug, Zorko, Hipwood and Berry really changed the tide for us.

I feel we rarely turn around games in game when we're getting towelled up, so great to scrape over the line.
I wasn't the only nervous about this game, given all the good press we've had, so a win with lots to work (and no injuries) is probably the perfect thing long term.

And how about Clugga, he's been given so much stick for his goal kicking over the years. All good, Joe, I got this

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fagan usually gets a knock on his game day changes. Tonight, he got that right.
Dropping the Viney tag and Ashcroft move to more midfield time.
Then using the sub early in the 3rd to get more run on the field.
Young Morris just struggled tonight but that happens with key forwards that are only 19 years old.
I think he plays next week v Eagles.
See how he goes and that determines if they manage him v Swans the following week

We just looked much better tonight after those changes.

Fagan usually gets a knock on his game day changes. Tonight, he got that right.
Dropping the Viney tag and Ashcroft move to more midfield time.
Then using the sub early in the 3rd to get more run on the field.
Young Morris just struggled tonight but that happens with key forwards that are only 19 years old.
I think he plays next week v Eagles.
See how he goes and that determines if they manage him v Swans the following week

We just looked much better tonight after those changes.
Got the Crows next week

Great win all things considered, but if we have an ambition on doing anything in this competition we still need to find ways to half momentum when it goes against us.

When things go bad it goes real bad. We need to turn those 6-8 goal run ons that teams get into 2-3. Can’t afford to give teams that kind of run on in finals and expect to come back and win to often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee plays small/medium? And a stretch can play on a Vanroyen type

We need KPD depth and it’s so evident, let alone a bloke who’s done his second acl is your answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s 6’2” and 90 kegs…I see him a as an intercepting 3rd KPD…with Andrews, Payne, Lester, Gardiner and Joyce it’s hardly a catastrophe…I mean you never say no to more depth but lets not get dramatic

0-50 gamers tonight:

Brisbane - 9
Melbourne - 11

I hope Goodwin didn't use youth as an excuse.

Courtesy Jivlain.
A little in his presser. However, said that was the best they have played pressure wise.

Doedee plays small/medium? And a stretch can play on a Vanroyen type

We need KPD depth and it’s so evident, let alone a bloke who’s done his second acl is your answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doedee plays that same third tall role that Lester does. He'd be preferred to man up against a big body than Joyce (especially after tonight).

we kicked badly, but Harrison Petty kicking 0.4 was good to watch - missed every crucial goal.

Back