Autopsy Round 16: St Kilda defeat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw something about clarko saying something about st kilda’s prospects in September. Doesn’t anyone know what he said
He basically said they played really slow and stunted our momentum, questioned whether it would work against the better teams. Fair enough question but somehow the oppo fans are claiming he is salty again.

He basically said they played really slow and stunted our momentum, questioned whether it would work against the better teams. Fair enough question but somehow the oppo fans are claiming he is salty again.
He’s not wrong though.

Saints were ****ing ordinary and a good side should’ve torched us.

Considering the very short breaks between three games, a damn good effort from the team to hold on as long they could, and there's always glimpses of a good plan when it's executed well.

I'm sick of the umpires at this point. It's evident there is bias, and was great to see Shiels call it out on the field mid-game.

Probably the biggest observation I've seen all season is that we are constantly caught off guard with an opposition player free in our goal square. The defensive line have to work on that, as there have been many goals conceded from it.
We seem to get Mollison most weeks :(

He’s not wrong though.

Saints were ******* ordinary and a good side should’ve torched us.
Oh he is absolutely right like he normally is

He was right about the holding the ball rules as well, people called him a sook

He was right about Papley, people called him a sook

People agree with the things he says as well but for some reason he isn't supposed to say it publicly.

How anyone can be content with an “honourable “ 20 point loss to St Kilda is beyond me. What a joke. Oh how the mighty has fallen.
Just keep burying your head in the sand. We are so far off being a contender it’s not funny.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes we are terrible. Hopefully the club and the coach have realised this too, albeit months too late.

How anyone can be content with an “honourable “ 20 point loss to St Kilda is beyond me. What a joke. Oh how the mighty has fallen.
Just keep burying your head in the sand. We are so far off being a contender it’s not funny.

Yes we have fallen... That is why we are content

Yes we are a long way from being a contender... That is why we are looking to build

Yes we have fallen... That is why we are content

Yes we are a long way from being a contender... That is why we are looking to build
The supposed Realist wants to ignore reality.

We were playing with half our VFL team and trialling guys in different positions. These last few games are obviously focused on development for next year. The only one with their head in the sand appears to be you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean yeah we’re far off contending. That’s kinda the point and why most people are content with the effort. Average or not St. Kilda are gunning for finals and we’re not. We picked a really young team. We were coming off a 5 day break to their 9 day break. Our best midfielder got injured early in the third quarter.

Despite that we moved the ball with flair and aggression. Our younger guys had good moments. We kept fighting. I don’t know what more you want?

We were playing with half our VFL team and trialling guys in different positions. These last few games are obviously focused on development for next year. The only one with their head in the sand appears to be you.
Dont take the bait .......

Looking forward to next weeks presser

Clarko - ' the dogs they are just so elite by hand with their link up play from stoppages '

Media report - ' Clarkson questions dogs kicking skills and says they aren't up to AFL standard '

Would love for one week all the coaches to boycott the pressers and see what happens

No ones got their head in the sand. The majority of supporters want a good crack and aren’t fussed on results, particularly when there’s the probability of a high draft pick for first time in 15 years.

We’ll be back pretty quickly. We play a highly systemised game plan that has fallen to pieces on the road. The reality is that of all the clubs, we’ve suffered the most with not being able to train together properly, and we’ve not been to tinker or arrest our game style as we would normally. I’m confident that a refresh of the list, some old heads out the door and some young talent in, we’ll be back pretty soon.

You’re the one who consistently ignores reality.

Yeah, I’ve been telling everyone each week that we’re flying and to expect us to win.

You are an utter contradiction of your user name.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moore disappointing? What?

Bobbed up for a goal out the back and touched it 6 times whilst laying one tackle.....if that’s met expectations, we’re setting a low bar for him

Why not have one down back and one at Full Forward?
Because a Full Back with 3-4 inches reach & the ability hold/scrag, as well as being helped out by other defenders, will Ruin Sicily’s game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16: St Kilda defeat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back