Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Had locked in Humphrey/Sharp to Walsh/Maric. Currently contemplating Clarry/Humphrey to Macrae/Walsh. Would love some more firepower for Clarry than Macrae (e.g. Trac, Libba etc) but can't afford it in two trades.

Old mate pendlebury_10 just casually dropping that bomb into his post at 1am then bailing

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN
Apologies all. report I read late last night named Taranto instead of Prestia! Apologies for the heart palpitations caused!

Pretty sold on Weedle to Riccardi donut but fwd/def loop and Bear to Macrae. I didn't go with Martin last week instead went to Neale

Johnson is next in line but pending injury might wait a couple of weeks maybe unless I get trigger happy.

View attachment 1722541

View attachment 1722542
Can do the above and left with 130k

Or can do DCameron instead of Macrae and have $250K which will be enough to go Johnson up to a Walsh or there abouts.

If I keep Macrae I was thinking of Mills into M8 or flipping Mellican/Windhager to a cheapie to increase bank but cost another trade which would leave me 2 for the run home.

I like the thought of DCameron and Walsh vs Macrae and Mills/extra trade burnt

Thinking of a few options this week but not sure.

Option 1 Humphrey to mills leaving 1 trade, leaves mills m8 looping with keays.
Option 2 Humphrey to mills and Oliver to anyone possibly Dawson leaving no trades and joining the no trades club
Save the trade if you have cover. There is bound to be a week in the next 9 rounds that you can't cover an injury. That will hurt more than playing a rookie to cover Oliver this week.

Have considered Humphrey to Mills and moving Jezza to F7 who also covers every position. Hmmmm

Have had a change of heart and have decided to move Clarry on, keeping Weddle at D7, and moving Dawson to M5, and bringing Walsh in for Humpa, leaving me with 4 trades and $142K to get Mills Rd17, and a complete team. (Rioli D6, Mills M8, D.Cameron F6)

Oliver > Luke Ryan
Humpa > Walsh

Last edited:
So thinking

Weddle to Ridley
Humphrey to Walsh

Leaves $100 😂

6 trades left with Ashcroft/Fyfe/Wardlaw M8/9/10

One becomes Mills in most likely 2 trades the following week for complete team sans Sicily and Piggy 😢

4 trades for injuries

No real cover in the Backs, forwards dicey

1687834554060.png

Last edited:
Have had a change of heart and have decided to move Clarry on, keeping Weddle at D7, and moving Dawson to M5, and bringing Walsh in for Humpa, leaving me with 4 trades and $142K to get Mills Rd17, and a complete team. (Rioli D6, Mills M8, N.Martin F6)

Oliver > Luke Ryan
Humpa > Walsh
I need to edit a mistake I made.....my team has N.Martin at F3, not F6...... D.Cameron is at F6......

I feel like Sinclair is going to go huge from here.

150 against the mighty coasters and then heaps of games at marvel.

Thinking about trading Cincotta and Ashcroft to him and a rookie. Then next week Mitchell or Fyfe to mills.

Would leave me with just the two trades, and this team:

IMG_5272.jpeg IMG_5273.jpeg

So many weak premos. Oh well.

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 1.42.43 pm.png

Have 4 trades in hand and $200k in the bank. Need a D6 and a M8 (swinging Taranto FWD) OR F6 (leave Taranto MID).

OPTION 1:

Easiest move this week would be to upgrade Weddle to Doc with the spare cash to complete my DEF. Then I would wait for Briggs to max out in a week or two and then punt him for a Mills for $100k odd profit (swing Taranto FWD, completing my FWDs), giving me a complete side with 2 trade remaining and that cash in the bank.

Would mean my bench and DPP cover across the park would look like this...

DEF: Cincotta the main cover, with Constable the loop option. Could also swing Mitchell with SheezNuts DEF/FWD.

MIDS: MJ/Dev Rob would operate as cover, and Roberts the loop option. Roberts also operates as a MID/FWD swing for Dunks/Rozee/Gulden/Cogs.

RUCK: DCam will provide cover with his DPP swing.

FWD: Mitchell operates as the first port of call if needed for cover (or if DCam is needed in the rucks). Maric the secondary cover, but potential loop if he gets dropped.

----------

OPTION 2:

I hold out with the current side for 2 more weeks, and use the $200k + Briggs to nab Sicily back. It would, however, mean I have to play both Mitchell and Cincotta/Weddle across that time at F6 and D6.

OR I can punt Weddle this week for Mills and shift Mitchell into D6, and Taranto FWD. Would mean I forgo another $30k or so that Mills will drop in price (but Briggs will make up that difference in $$ appreciation).

-------

Would love some thoughts on either scenario as I am pretty torn.

The TLDR is this:

OPTION 1 - Weddle -> Doc this week, Briggs -> Mills next week. Complete team.
OPTION 2 - Weddle -> Mills this week (miss out on $30k discount), Briggs -> Sicily in two weeks BUT I have to play Seamus Mitchell as D6 across those two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, a Clarry option I'd not really considered before this week:

1687838488011.png

Would leave me 6 trades, $100k, Sheezel and Mills as worst players on the ground and TT as roving bench cover.

As always, there's a fine line between genius and madness.

View attachment 1723361

Have 4 trades in hand and $200k in the bank. Need a D6 and a M8 (swinging Taranto FWD) OR F6 (leave Taranto MID).

OPTION 1:

Easiest move this week would be to upgrade Weddle to Doc with the spare cash to complete my DEF. Then I would wait for Briggs to max out in a week or two and then punt him for a Mills for $100k odd profit (swing Taranto FWD, completing my FWDs), giving me a complete side with 2 trade remaining and that cash in the bank.

Would mean my bench and DPP cover across the park would look like this...

DEF: Cincotta the main cover, with Constable the loop option. Could also swing Mitchell with SheezNuts DEF/FWD.

MIDS: MJ/Dev Rob would operate as cover, and Roberts the loop option. Roberts also operates as a MID/FWD swing for Dunks/Rozee/Gulden/Cogs.

RUCK: DCam will provide cover with his DPP swing.

FWD: Mitchell operates as the first port of call if needed for cover (or if DCam is needed in the rucks). Maric the secondary cover, but potential loop if he gets dropped.

----------

OPTION 2:

I hold out with the current side for 2 more weeks, and use the $200k + Briggs to nab Sicily back. It would, however, mean I have to play both Mitchell and Cincotta/Weddle across that time at F6 and D6.

OR I can punt Weddle this week for Mills and shift Mitchell into D6, and Taranto FWD. Would mean I forgo another $30k or so that Mills will drop in price (but Briggs will make up that difference in $$ appreciation).

-------

Would love some thoughts on either scenario as I am pretty torn.

The TLDR is this:

OPTION 1 - Weddle -> Doc this week, Briggs -> Mills next week. Complete team.
OPTION 2 - Weddle -> Mills this week (miss out on $30k discount), Briggs -> Sicily in two weeks BUT I have to play Seamus Mitchell as D6 across those two weeks.
Briggs to Sicily when her returns. I’d keep remaining 3 trades for injuries.
If you still have 3 trades at first final, I’d only upgrade then.

Advice please:

Option 1: Ginbey > Walsh (M7 with one mid upgrade remaining and 7 trades)
Option 2: Ginbey > D Cameron (Move Gulden to M7 with one mid upgrade remaining and 7 trades, Cameron used a ruck cover as well)

Briggs to Sicily when her returns. I’d keep remaining 3 trades for injuries.
If you still have 3 trades at first final, I’d only upgrade then.

So continue playing Cincotta/Weddle and Seamus for the next two weeks, and Seamus beyond that for the remainder of the season?

Not so much a fan of that option as Seamus isn't a keeper, and can easily upgrade to Mills as a cut-price option with the cash I have. Can average well enough as a M8-10.

Advice please:

Option 1: Ginbey > Walsh (M7 with one mid upgrade remaining and 7 trades)
Option 2: Ginbey > D Cameron (Move Gulden to M7 with one mid upgrade remaining and 7 trades, Cameron used a ruck cover as well)
IMO Walsh averages more but there's not much in it.

Depends how much you value the DPP.

So for the unlucky ones that kept Clarry, what's everyone's thoughts on what to do...?

do you keep riding it out or do you jump off & trade him out.

So continue playing Cincotta/Weddle and Seamus for the next two weeks, and Seamus beyond that for the remainder of the season?

Not so much a fan of that option as Seamus isn't a keeper, and can easily upgrade to Mills as a cut-price option with the cash I have. Can average well enough as a M8-10.
Just feel, if you get Mills (I’m guessing a 90 ave for the remaining season because Horse uses him as Mr Fix-it on-field)
2 trades for the remaining season (8 games, not counting this weekend) for injuries or players being rested later in the season feels too low. I'd rather keep the 3 trades, rotate those rookies on field until finals time. Then cull them at finals if you still have 3 trades.

So for the unlucky ones that kept Clarry, what's everyone's thoughts on what to do...?

do you keep riding it out or do you jump off & trade him out.
Depends,

Lots of trades in hand, Sell.
Aiming for high rank, Sell.
Cash leagues and in the top 4, Keep.
Cash leagues and out of the top 8, Sell.
Want a POD during the finals, Keep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back