Game Day Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE uMpiRiNG iS tHe BeST itS BeEn!!

200.gif

We are the fitter team. Missing Dear trying to crash packs up forward. Missing sis. Poor, one sided umpiring isn’t helping our cause. Still tipping us to come from behind to win, as I think our fitness and endeavour will overcome.

Not overly disappointed. Geelong brought the heat in the first half. They applied pressure like it was a final and we wilted under that. I don't know the stats but loose ball gets was an absolute killer. They always had players free and down for the loose ball. We weren't anywhere near it. All that pressure was very unsettling for a young team but they did settle in the second part of the second quarter. We can match them. It's mainly in the head and Geelong made it that way. Scott is a crafty character and knows how to manufacture a win even if his team isn't going great. Hope Mitchell is awake to that. Reckon they sucked us right in and forced us to play 110% on their terms by not giving us any breathing space. Don't think we can win from here but expect a better response in the second half. Good learning experience for coach and team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense.
Geelong is playing the game on their terms. This isn't some tactical masterpiece, it's geelong running in straight lines and hawthorn putting no pressure on

No it’s not open up your eyes! Our kick outs from defence and have been a strength in 2024, since our winning streak.

Cats knew where the kicks were going and shut them down continually for repeat forward 50 entries!

love Lewis but I knew we would miss Dears defensive efforts. Unfortunately Bruest/Lewis/Gunston combo makes our fwd pressure absolutely non existent.

TBH whilst it's been a rough game, I see it as a positive that it's our veterans that are not performing well. The fact Dear has been setting such a high bar with his pressure, as an 18yo, is such good signs for our future.

Just a reminder as well, we're on Cats home deck & they are about 2 years on average older and 40 games on average more experienced. They are at the end of their run, we're just beginning:

1720252591219.png

That said, I’d still give us a chance to hunt this down. Not sure the cats can keep up this level of intensity for the whole game. We just have to arm wrestle it back and take our chances.

I understand this sentiment. But we don't have the cattle today, let alone any inkling of matchin the opposition's intensity.

There's no space on this substandard gold-plated faecal abomination of a ground, with morons in the crowd dictating the umpiring, and it getting colder and harder to regain our seemingly-distant touch on the ball.

But if we conjure a miracle, the umpires do their job, and several Handbaggers get injkured (preferably badly) I'm happy to be wrong.

We have had our hands to the ball more than them in the contest , being so fumbly has allowed them to walk it out at times. We are making them look alot better then they are.

I get Gunston and Breust are no longer at their peak but it's hilarious people having a go at them. Peak Lockett ain't kicking goals in our forward line with 18 entries in a half
Yes Breust should have totally taken the stupid kick on his head vs 2 cats, because he hasn’t really taken an overhead contested mark in almost 300 games so why not start now.

I get Gunston and Breust are no longer at their peak but it's hilarious people having a go at them.

I'm certainly not having a go at either of them individually. Just that they both should not have been selected to start on the ground.

We lack pace and pressure, and no amount of experience makes up for either of those. Especially when Lewis, unsurprisingly, is off the pace too.

Really disappointing first half that really made evident how important Sicily is to our game day tactics. From the outset we looked unorganised and Geelong was able to move the ball with ease because of this. Once our setup was a mess, we basically made it a simple training drill for the Cats to run the ball through for easy goal after easy goal.

Morrison may be an early tactical sub to try and get some composure on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back