Game Day Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dust ourselves off.

Aim to match them pressure wise in the third. Hopefully peg the lead back to under 4 goals and it’s still winnable in the last.

Good opportunity to show how much we have improved / matured in the past 2 months.

If we go down swinging it’s still a positive day.
100%. The deficit isn't an issue.

Like you say - come out switched on & give our all - get fierce at the contest & play for each other & we'll be fine, even if we do lose.

I understand this sentiment. But we don't have the cattle today, let alone any inkling of matchin the opposition's intensity.

There's no space on this substandard gold-plated faecal abomination of a ground, with morons in the crowd dictating the umpiring, and it getting colder and harder to regain our seemingly-distant touch on the ball.

But if we conjure a miracle, the umpires do their job, and several Handbaggers get injkured (preferably badly) I'm happy to be wrong.
Cattle wise, we really only missing Sicily so I don’t think he’s the difference. We’re losing the game out of the midfield where we should be pretty superior to Cats. Nash, Newcombe, Frenchy all having an ordinary day so far.

Just trying to be optimistic though, still thing there’s something (albeit small) to work with.

Cats just absolutely physically annihilated us from the first bounce.

How we could not be on to Stewart from the get go is just a headscratcher. Dictated terms and gave Cameron 5 shots in 3 minutes . Was over after that/

Yeah that last non decision on Rohan was bad but clutching at straws blaming umpiring. 18 inside 50s for a half is terrible. You want to place the blame,start with the mids. The strongest part of our game has been subpar. That's where it starts in the second half

We're not losing because of umpiring.

We are losing. Badly.

And the umpires are absolutely atrocious.

Both of these things can be true without one being conditional on the other.

I'm certainly not having a go at either of them individually. Just that they both should not have been selected to start on the ground.

We lack pace and pressure, and no amount of experience makes up for either of those. Especially when Lewis, unsurprisingly, is off the pace too.
Ok. But you can see there are much bigger issues here than Gunston and Breust starting on the ground. Try looking further upfield

Cattle wise, we really only missing Sicily so I don’t think he’s the difference. We’re losing the game out of the midfield where we should be pretty superior to Cats. Nash, Newcombe, Frenchy all having an ordinary day so far.

Just trying to be optimistic though, still thing there’s something (albeit small) to work with.
On paper yes but Ginni is the spirit of this group and Dear offers a lot more than Lewis in terms of creating scoring opps.

Someone needs to clean a Geelong player up.
Make it Tom Atkins the cheating, scragging, useless hack of a footballer. Cheating and holding at every stoppage.
No way. Nowhere near as bad as the Melb and Swans loss. They were totally depressing.
And this isn’t?

Seems like we're ball-watching and/or getting sucked into the contest. But there has to be a reason for this.

I think Geelong has drawn us back to the early part of the season by clamping on our ball winners and having players in space for the spill. Its all about the set up and numbers. The ball gets loose and they pounce. Duke has been the tell because he has had no space and Geelong has 2 o 3 players for the loose ball when it spills. Worpel filled the gap a bit and Nash was also better in the second half. Team needs to learn how to deal with that scenario but it requires our non midfield players being aware to it as well and not let their opponents run riot by just sticking to game plan and guarding space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get Gunston and Breust are no longer at their peak but it's hilarious people having a go at them. Peak Lockett ain't kicking goals in our forward line with 18 entries in a half
But…

Gunston and Breust should be pushing up outside 50….

Then kicking it inside 50 Gunston and Breust…

Then setting up outside 50 so…

Gunston and Breust can put inside 50 pressure on. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back