Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a problem with posts that express an opinion on players or coaches but think you are being too harsh on Moore.

The backline has been swinging doors all season with him being the only constant, that adds more pressure on him.

He isn't the sole reason we have lost games.
Lack of defensive pressure from our mids hasn’t helped our backline either.
We are bereft of forwards so we swing Howe forward. That places more stress on our backline that’s already without Murphy.
Comes back to the mids. They need to apply elite defensive pressure and two way running to help our backs.

Moderators should be more focussed on pulling up posters who play the man rather than the posts
In general people are fairly tolerant of other posters and their views.
When the poster/posts become incessant, it can change the collective mindset.
You clearly weren't getting, (or ignoring) the message that people have had enough.
I have taken your feedback on board, may I suggest you do the same.

So many Darcy Moore haters coming out of the woodwork, but so helpful for identifying who out there really doesn't understand our game plan at all.

Why don’t you

You can see still someone who refuses to man up or punch the ball away

No you can't. At the ground you can see Moore looking back to cover two Essendon players alone goal side and hoping someone covers Caddy, so he does look caught out of position. Its the whole team defence breaking down.

So lets say Moore covers Caddy then the kicker option is the two over the back. Did you see how many contests Moore had an effect on last night. He rarely lets his player get a contested mark.

TV doesn't show you Moore running out of the backline with no player presenting ahead of him.

Stop bagging the captain when the team is letting him down too

I would hate to be Moore and Frampton the way the ball gets delivered into oppo forward line. There's not a lot they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No you can't. At the ground you can see Moore looking back to cover two Essendon players alone goal side and hoping someone covers Caddy, so he does look caught out of position. Its the whole team defence breaking down.

So lets say Moore covers Caddy then the kicker option is the two over the back. Did you see how many contests Moore had an effect on last night. He rarely lets his player get a contested mark.

TV doesn't show you Moore running out of the backline with no player presenting ahead of him.

I would hate to be Moore and Frampton the way the ball gets delivered into oppo forward line. There's not a lot they can do.

Old mate thinks we play 90’s man on man defence

Old mate thinks we play 90’s man on man defence
Maybe Darcy should so he stays near his man

Subbing off Frampton instead of Dean?

If Howe forward, leave Q back and WHE wing?

Never select Markov again!
Dean left to cover Wright - I doubt it.
WHE is the same size as Howe therefore he’s is a logical defensive option, IQ is 8cm shorter.
Markov - who is capable of his pace and run given JFN is already out?

I watched him closely last night
Caddy waltzed up on the wing with Darcy trailing him and allowed him to mark the ball uncontested .. no punch no defensive pressure
Zilch .. and then there’s him being 5 metres off his man for most of the night

He’s a liability for us atm
But I realise that a lot of supporters here like the status quo even when the backline is a shambles
Why are you ignoring the far greater number of contests Moore halved or won?
Your example of One mark by Caddy isn’t indicative of much at all.

Moore needs time in the VFL. Hubris has got to him.

Maynard looked quite subdued…

Kreeeeuuuuuuger is all heart..
Perhaps another role for a quarter or so. See how he goes.
Ruck, wing or CHF.
Wanting Eyre to play soon.
I'd go wing with stints up forward.
Eventually that is what I think will happen.
A la Mathew Richardson. Nick Riewoldt.

Dean left to cover Wright - I doubt it.
WHE is the same size as Howe therefore he’s is a logical defensive option, IQ is 8cm shorter.
Markov - who is capable of his pace and run given JFN is already out?
WHE is not a defender, Howe has made it his.

Markov was way off his game, a liability and especially with Noble out, Q should have been back.

Markov was way off his game, a liability and especially with Noble out, Q should have been back.
Yeah, I think Howe needs to go back.
Reef and Johnson in against the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I think Howe needs to go back.
Reef and Johnson in against the Cats.
Game tomorrow will be interesting to see if anyone puts their hand up.

Shiels (Bombers) was great in the VFL last week and it showed last night.

I don't have a problem with posts that express an opinion on players or coaches but think you are being too harsh on Moore.

The backline has been swinging doors all season with him being the only constant, that adds more pressure on him.

He isn't the sole reason we have lost games.
Has anyone actually said that he’s the only reason we are losing?
Most people just expect a lot more from the club captain.

IQ would have given away 12cm to Langford, 16cm to Jones and 13cm to Caddy, at 188cm WHE had to play back.
I agree IQ is a defender but he’s exposed on any of these fwds that are not taken by Moore or Dean.

I’m a glutton for punishment. Was at the game. Now watching the replay. I just have to see what went wrong.

First quarter looked fine really. Not bad. Playing on our terms mostly.

Second and especially third were terrible.

Here here Hear hear

Markov is hopeless also

As posters, we should hold ourselves against the same standards we set for the players, yes? Spell and grammar check, my friend.

I watched him closely last night
Caddy waltzed up on the wing with Darcy trailing him and allowed him to mark the ball uncontested .. no punch no defensive pressure
Zilch .. and then there’s him being 5 metres off his man for most of the night

He’s a liability for us atm
But I realise that a lot of supporters here like the status quo even when the backline is a shambles

Moore is not playing well, we can all see it. The whole team is down, even Nick had an ordinary game yesterday. Do you assume that this enlightenment is a gift only bestowed on you?

Do you think the posters here who are not taking potshots at players can't see that the team is out of form?

As posters, we should hold ourselves against the same standards we set for the players, yes? Spell and grammar check, my friend.

Moore is not playing well, we can all see it. The whole team is down, even Nick had an ordinary game yesterday. Do you assume that this enlightenment is a gift only bestowed on you?

Do you think the posters here who are not taking potshots at players can't see that the team is out of form?
I'd ignore him, he actually enjoys it when we're struggling. It's a burner account, no one can be that happy that we are struggling. Obviously never played football at a decent level

So many Darcy Moore haters coming out of the woodwork, but so helpful for identifying who out there really doesn't understand our game plan at all.

For some, it's as much about who Darcy is as a person, as it is his form.

Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back