Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ll have to put their hand up in half a game. Can’t expect anyone to back up again on Friday after playing Sunday. Very tough ask otherwise.
I don't understand.
Our VFL team is playing Frankston tomorrow still a decent break until next Friday.

I'd ignore him, he actually enjoys it when we're struggling. It's a burner account, no one can be that happy that we are struggling. Obviously never played football at a decent level

I read "burner account", and immediately thought of JB1975

Has anyone seen those 2 in a room at the same time? :think:

Still watching the replay. It was turning a bit in the second quarter but still not bad.

So first quarter was ok
Second ok but Essendon had more dominance.

It was the third quarter which I’m about to start, where it went so wrong.

These goalless quarters are becoming too frequent now.

Also allowing them to kick the first two of the last.

Last edited:
So anyone who questions someone’s worth to the team hates the club and takes delight in us losing ??

Wow the logic and joining the dots of some posters is amazing

The third quarter especially was like the garbage the team dished up in the first 3 rounds - no defensive system, gaping holes everywhere, fumbling, panicked handballs to a teammate under pressure or to nobody in particular, handballs and kicks either dropping short or overshooting, allowing Essendon players unimpeded run to take marks, getting thrashed in clearances, etc.
DC was obviously struggling in the ruck - I thought Freddy did a little better.
It was painful to watch.

There were a couple of bright spots.
Freddy's two booming bazookas for goals.
HH's goal in the last - he very quickly saw there was nobody to pass to, so he took it on himself and did exactly the right thing.
That's the sort of smart footy that should take him a long way.
That said, all three of those goals came about because nothing else was working.

Back to the drawing board.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The third quarter especially was like the garbage the team dished up in the first 3 round - no defensive system, gaping holes everywhere, fumbling, panicked handballs to a teammate under pressure or to nobody in particular, handballs and kicks either dropping short or overshooting, allowing Essendon players unimpeded run to take marks, getting thrashed in clearances, etc.
DC was obviously struggling in the ruck - I thought Freddy did a little better.
It was painful to watch.

There were a couple of bright spots.
Freddy's two booming bazookas for goals.
HH's goal in the last - he very quickly saw there was nobody to pass to, so he took it on himself and did exactly the right thing.
That's the sort of smart footy that should take him a long way.
That said, all three of those goals came about because nothing else was working.

Back to the drawing board.....
Third qtr was absolute dog shit. No other words for it.

That should end well. Darcy could end up playing forward, who knows but Howe is too small for Cameron
Did you watch the grand final last year ???
When Murphy went down who do you think went to centre half back and shut down hipwood ???
Howe
While Moore had his pants pulled down by Daniher

When Murphy went down who do you think went to centre half back and shut down hipwood ???
Howe
Hipwood and Cameron are miles apart. If we kicked straight, neither Hipwood or Daniher would have been relevant. Daniher got 3 gimme goals and hardly played a starring role.

No it doesn’t
That’s just a cop out
Hipwood and Cameron are miles apart. If we kicked straight, neither Hipwood or Daniher would have been relevant. Daniher got 3 gimme goals and hardly played a starring role.
Cameron has torched Collingwood in numerous big games even when we have been playing well
Playing Moore on him on current form is asking for big trouble

No it doesn’t
That’s just a cop out

Cameron has torched Collingwood in numerous big games even when we have been playing well
Playing Moore on him on current form is asking for big trouble
It's the coach you have to convince. Telling me isn't going to change anything. Howe could very well play on Cameron. Neither of us know and it wouldn't make any difference anyway

Maybe he should start a petition to drop Moore. Seems quite happy with himself that we are struggling.
Doesn’t seem to listen to friendly advice from mods either.

So anyone who questions someone’s worth to the team hates the club and takes delight in us losing ??

Wow the logic and joining the dots of some posters is amazing

You might not hate the club, but you don't like Darcy Moore. Own it and be done. Spare us from the constant droning.

Howe
I actually watched the whole of the 2023 season and Moore was outstanding.
It’s just naive for you to use the GF and ignore the whole season to make a point.

Just isn't out year this one unfortunately you need a good run at it in terms of luck with injuries and we just have not had that at all.

Regroup write the year off and start again next year the positive is we have found some good youngsters like HH and Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back