Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

full album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192627852@N07/albums/72177720318508767

bottoms up! the beers that is!

his eyes?? whats he on!!

lets get physical!!

ok this ones legal, but gees, the kid cant breath 20 m off the ball - not that hes often that far away

but still he does a legal pass

josh gets a pass because he bust his gut to play, and we needed him

DEGOEY!!!!

the asswipe wipes out!

when your defenders have to play forward

captains goal

ta

oops

Yeah. I’m pretty displeased but I make peace with it because we really did good last year to win the flag. Really good.

I don’t accept how they’ve shown up this year because it looks very weak piss.

But. We won the flag…..having said that this effort is NOT acceptable to a team that just won the flag and a premiership coach.

Yet they behave as though it is. The coach is beginning to concern me with how he’s not demonstrating a bit of fire in his attitude that this is not acceptable.
What more can he really do, we are copping injuries every game we play. It would be good to go injury free for the rest of the year to see what this team can actually do.

I’m just not a fan of his form atm
Nah, it’s more than that. You’ve shown a hatred for him. That why people are having a crack at you. And quite frankly, you deserve it.

Darcy is our premiership captain and you show him no respect at all.

You can get stuffed.

Nah, it’s more than that. You’ve shown a hatred for him. That why people are having a crack at you. And quite frankly, you deserve it.

You can get stuffed.
Think it is time to let it go or take it to a PM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it is time to let it go or take it to a PM.
Fair call Maggie.

Just makes me so angry to see people turn on the club so quickly after a flag. They don’t deserve our club.

Anyway, I’ll let it go now.
Go Pies!

1. Charlie Dean looks like an amateur VFL player when chasing athletic forwards. Secondly, he is poor at challenging when the ball is in the air, he lacks athleticism and speed. Thirdly, he doesn't apply pressure and lacks awareness half the time.

2. Moore has looked half the player he was last year and I've pointed out that it's because he's trying to make up for the loss of Murphy. Charlie Dean especially when he plays, Moore and the backline look average at best. I really do think Charlie Dean doesn't fit the back line. He could be a better player for another team but for the Pies who won a premiership last year based in defensive rebound and defensive pressure, Dean just doesn't fit.

3. 3 Inside 50 Tackles is a really bad stat line. You can tell Pies players got baited to chase an Essendon player only for that player to dispose to a nearby Essendon player with no one to chase him. Just low IQ from Magpies players and also allowing Essendon players to roam easily is just poor.
Very Un-Magpies like, at least under Fly. The team's 2nd and 3rd quarters were as bad as when Pies finished bottom 3 team back 10 years ago.

4. Markov needs to sit out more until he gets his form back. He is clumsy and clunky this year, it's like he stopped practising his skills and just taking it easy out there.

5. I think Pies are in trouble and not just because of poor form, but because of injuries. The injured players coming back are very out of synch and it takes 2 to 3 games until the rust is shaken off but by then too many losses already since Pies are up against top 6 teams in July and August.

6. I think Pies are experimenting but the draws and losses early combined with injuries have left them hanging by the string this season. I'm thinking they will strategically focus on getting young players games and reload next season.... shame.

Go Swans then.

You can get stuffed.
My god you’re a precious little soul, what respect do you show anyone that doesn’t agree with you?

My god you’re a precious little soul, what respect do you show anyone that doesn’t agree with you?
You deserve zero respect I guess.
Batting for the troll team.
Getting a boner putting down our own players at any opportunity.
Football is not an easy game to play.
Show some support instead of cheap remarks. Supporting dick heads instead. Like Axl as an example.. Agree with what exactly? Our Captain is shite?
555 Go away Cannons.

If we were playing well and losing we’d have bigger issues.
As it is, we played poorly for 3 quarters for the second week in a row.
If we turn our form around and start playing like Collingwood, we can still be a factor.
Expect a response next week.
That’s a good point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back