Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

In reply to who should play on Cameron this week

Howe much better option than Moore

Yet your allowed to trade personal insults when someone posts something you disagree with

Pathetic

Go and call one of your moderators in again
The mods give up their own time for all of us. I believe you’ve already been given some public advice from mods and former mods.

Yet you keep going.

Jesus...you really are a half glass empty type of guy aren't you?
It really depends on what Kappa’s glass contains.

If it’s 18 year old single malt, I can understand why he is so pissed at it being half empty.

Well luck’s a fortune. Unable to watch the Gold Coast match due to lack of internet and phone reception then thankfully thought the Essendon match was today so missed it as well.
Bearing the above in mind I’m not going to give up on the season as fortunes change and perhaps we have some blessings in disguise yet to come our way.
Observations based on comments posted in this thread.
*We seem to struggle when teams play keeping’s off. Been an issue at times for a while. We seem content to give them this option especially if they are mostly going wide. Probably need some new ways of dealing with it.
* Beaten in the air. Never been a strong point for us around the ground under Fly. We just don’t have marking wingers and flankers other than our defenders and probably only Crisp and JDG count as midfielders who can mark well. It’s been something we’ve embraced as our best players just aren’t that type. We’ve made it work with brilliant ground level play. Going to have keep relying on that.
*Defence out of form. Whole team has to put their hand up here but we are definitely much easier to score against this year. Seems we’ve really focused on deep entries and lock the ball in rather than the rebound off half back of last year which only gets brought out when we are behind mostly. Can see why Schultz was a priority given this plan. Not sure it’s working well as we are struggling to actually lock it in our forward line. Players seem knackered and unable to sustain it for long enough. This method also places less emphasis on good forward 50 entries and more on pressure and luck. Don’t like relying on it.

Going forward.
  • Howe back to defence.
  • with Noble out and Markov down on form I think we need a change here and Sidebottom helping out in defence is not the only answer. WHE has looked good forward this year and helps when needed already down back. Not sure what I’d do but maybe someone like Harrison could be tried if he’s fast enough cause he’s smart enough. McInnes coming back would allow us to move WHE around if needed.
*. No more injuries would be nice although you could say we haven’t looked really hot even when when we’ve had most of our best on deck.

Get the feeling we’ve tried a few things this year but player form and injuries have thwarted us from completely adapting them and making them ours. Maybe the coaches have to have a good look at where we are and give up on a couple of tweaks that haven’t quite worked for us. Get the players doing what they do best and are most suited to and used to doing and fix our habit of being nullified for long periods. Have had the feeling that we are “trying” and would like to see us just get back to playing. Other than our risk all strategy when behind things have seemed forced and disconnected most of the season really.
We are not out of it by a longshot and I think those calling us done are premature. We can still make a mark and if there’s one team that can cause some damage from outside the four it’s us.
Go Pies!!!!!!!!

Sorry two weeks of angst coming out above😊👍

no..actually you and the angry mob keep going ..
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

I’m a glutton for punishment. Was at the game. Now watching the replay. I just have to see what went wrong.

First quarter looked fine really. Not bad. Playing on our terms mostly.

Second and especially third were terrible.
If we were playing well and losing we’d have bigger issues.
As it is, we played poorly for 3 quarters for the second week in a row.
If we turn our form around and start playing like Collingwood, we can still be a factor.
Expect a response next week.

In reply to who should play on Cameron this week

Howe much better option than Moore

Yet your allowed to trade personal insults when someone posts something you disagree with

Pathetic

Go and call one of your moderators in again
My point was you used ONE game to naively bag Moore’s ability while ignoring the fact he was an AA.
Just dumb.

Well luck’s a fortune. Unable to watch the Gold Coast match due to lack of internet and phone reception then thankfully thought the Essendon match was today so missed it as well.
Bearing the above in mind I’m not going to give up on the season as fortunes change and perhaps we have some blessings in disguise yet to come our way.
Observations based on comments posted in this thread.
*We seem to struggle when teams play keeping’s off. Been an issue at times for a while. We seem content to give them this option especially if they are mostly going wide. Probably need some new ways of dealing with it.
* Beaten in the air. Never been a strong point for us around the ground under Fly. We just don’t have marking wingers and flankers other than our defenders and probably only Crisp and JDG count as midfielders who can mark well. It’s been something we’ve embraced as our best players just aren’t that type. We’ve made it work with brilliant ground level play. Going to have keep relying on that.
*Defence out of form. Whole team has to put their hand up here but we are definitely much easier to score against this year. Seems we’ve really focused on deep entries and lock the ball in rather than the rebound off half back of last year which only gets brought out when we are behind mostly. Can see why Schultz was a priority given this plan. Not sure it’s working well as we are struggling to actually lock it in our forward line. Players seem knackered and unable to sustain it for long enough. This method also places less emphasis on good forward 50 entries and more on pressure and luck. Don’t like relying on it.

Going forward.
  • Howe back to defence.
  • with Noble out and Markov down on form I think we need a change here and Sidebottom helping out in defence is not the only answer. WHE has looked good forward this year and helps when needed already down back. Not sure what I’d do but maybe someone like Harrison could be tried if he’s fast enough cause he’s smart enough. McInnes coming back would allow us to move WHE around if needed.
*. No more injuries would be nice although you could say we haven’t looked really hot even when when we’ve had most of our best on deck.

Get the feeling we’ve tried a few things this year but player form and injuries have thwarted us from completely adapting them and making them ours. Maybe the coaches have to have a good look at where we are and give up on a couple of tweaks that haven’t quite worked for us. Get the players doing what they do best and are most suited to and used to doing and fix our habit of being nullified for long periods. Have had the feeling that we are “trying” and would like to see us just get back to playing. Other than our risk all strategy when behind things have seemed forced and disconnected most of the season really.
We are not out of it by a longshot and I think those calling us done are premature. We can still make a mark and if there’s one team that can cause some damage from outside the four it’s us.
Go Pies!!!!!!!!

Sorry two weeks of angst coming out above😊👍
Hang on.
You thought the game was today?
Your internet must be non existent!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was you used ONE game to naively bag Moore’s ability while ignoring the fact he was an AA.
Just dumb.
Not bagging Darcy’s ability at all
I’m pointing out his form isn’t up to it as a defender currently and he should be dropped or moved forward
The Darcy that was fantastic most of last year isn’t the same as the Darcy of 2024

On the bright side they FINALLY played Kreuger down back and I thought it was a bright spark on a pretty dim night.

De Goey has no match fitness, Darcy Moore is a shell of his former self from last year, Lachie Schultz - is there any chance you can lead up to the ball carrier? He tries to get all his kicks out the back. Fast becoming one of the worst trades we've made.

Forward line dysfunctional. Backs are falling to pieces and the midfield are getting smashed at the stoppages every week.

On the bright side they FINALLY played Kreuger down back and I thought it was a bright spark on a pretty dim night.

De Goey has no match fitness, Darcy Moore is a shell of his former self from last year, Lachie Schultz - is there any chance you can lead up to the ball carrier? He tries to get all his kicks out the back. Fast becoming one of the worst trades we've made.

Forward line dysfunctional. Backs are falling to pieces and the midfield are getting smashed at the stoppages every week.
But other than that everything is awesome.

Just an unlucky year for us. Too many injuries to too many key personnel. Add form to the mix with a lot of players out of form. We are at least blooding some players but they are not up to it yet. If by some miracle we can string a few wins on the way home and get some players back we are always shot come finals time. Brody Mihocek any other huge loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back