Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd piss the rotation cap off. Worst rule in football.
Yep, I don't think it has resulted in less injuries?
That serves a different purpose since more people have on the bench changes the game time per interchange math and that has a direct correlation to the average pressure rating a team can play at (and how watchable the game is)

Sub is good if anything should have 2
Sub really sucks if you get an injury just post making a tactical sub.

And I hate it when a club chooses a player to debut as sub, hiding to nothing.

6 on the bench and more rotations would make a faster game.

Don’t mind these changes- not sure about Kelly straight back in then again he’s the obvious replacement for Heppell..
Hope Kelly is the SUB and given he can play defence and wing it’s probably not a bad option.
Really feel like we need to see a lift from a few players- Redman, Perkins, Langford even captain Merrett has been a bit down- if these guys and lift we are right in this game with Collingwood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, I don't think it has resulted in less injuries?

Sub really sucks if you get an injury just post making a tactical sub.

And I hate it when a club chooses a player to debut as sub, hiding to nothing.

6 on the bench and more rotations would make a faster game.

I agree that both these things suck. There really should be a rule that you can’t be sub in your first game. Save teams from themselves.

Injuries suck whenever but they suck slightly less with a sub then when a player would get hurt in the first quarter and teams would lose because you can’t play down a player that long

Would like to see Durham rotating between the wing and inside mid instead of half forward and inside wing, Cox playing in Heppell's spot and Kelly on the wing and Jones playing slightly closer to goal.

I'd also like to think that the inclusion of Shiel means that Perkins can play far more of his natural position, but I'm not hopeful.

Gresham deeper forward.
Shiel to the high half forward/midfield spot.
Jones and Duursma wings.
Cox to help out in defense with Kelly.
Perkins sub.

I don’t expect a lot of that to come true - but I like the team selection thus far, and would like to see guys used this way.
It's actually annoying we didn't have a similar line up last week.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Don’t mind these changes- not sure about Kelly straight back in then again he’s the obvious replacement for Heppell..
Hope Kelly is the SUB and given he can play defence and wing it’s probably not a bad option.
Really feel like we need to see a lift from a few players- Redman, Perkins, Langford even captain Merrett has been a bit down- if these guys and lift we are right in this game with Collingwood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'll lock down on Schultz or Hill, surely?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

If Shiel is the sub.
mad-tantrum.gif
angry_girl1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess with the magnets

Dursma moves to HB.
Perkins/Langford + Gresham as HF

Then Kelly/Jones/Cox are playing a thankless defensive wing role where the better users are kicking the ball over their heads straight from HB to HF.

That leaves Wright (FF/Ruck) Caddy (CHF) Stringer (3rd) Hind/Geulf (Pressure)
Why would we move duursma off a wing to play half back

Hopefully Shiel plays genuine midfield instead relying on Perkins and Stringer to take CBAs (41% and 31% respectively). He's a good clearance player when playing in there, and we've been struggling of late without Setterfield and Parish to support Caldwell, Durham and Merrett in there. Stringer and Perkins are more cameo types.

Please don't just play him as a sub Bradley.

Merrett has been doing a lot of heavy lifting in the middle. Would not mind if he went head to head with J Daicos on a wing and got to play a bit more attacking footy .

Merrett has been doing a lot of heavy lifting in the middle. Would not mind if he went head to head with J Daicos on a wing and got to play a bit more attacking footy .

Has been much lower on CBA's the last two games with < 70% whereas before that he'd been > 80% for all but ~ 2 of 13 games. Caldwell attended a season high 90% which looked like a real positive.

Has been much lower on CBA's the last two games with < 70% whereas before that he'd been > 80% for all but ~ 2 of 13 games. Caldwell attended a season high 90% which looked like a real positive.
He has but he has still been the guy taking the tag or making tackles. Just want to see him playing a bit more offensive.

He has but he has still been the guy taking the tag or making tackles. Just want to see him playing a bit more offensive.

I've always thought pushing him to a flank or wing is the go, his main weapon is his kicking, get him in a spot where he's most likely to be able to kick it and let Caldwell, Durham, Parish, Shiel etc.. take the CBAs. Harder to tag him off a wing or flank too IMO, instead of having a midfielder running with Zach you'd have someone that might not have the midfield awareness or running patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back