Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't underestimate Melb. Should have beaten Bris plus, like us, their lesser lights are playing good football.

Out: Wright Gresham

In: Bryan Setterfield

Hind forward, Perkins Sub.

Wright, Heppell and Goldy to all play VFL. If you want Heppell in the side, then either Kelly, Cox or Perkins comes out.
Wouldn't drop 2MP against Melb, think he will stretch their backline.

Out: Wright Gresham

In: Bryan Setterfield

Hind forward, Perkins Sub.

Wright, Heppell and Goldy to all play VFL. If you want Heppell in the side, then either Kelly, Cox or Perkins comes out.
gary coleman wtf GIF

Don't underestimate Melb. Should have beaten Bris plus, like us, their lesser lights are playing good football.

Underestimate? I think that even playing at our very best:
Sydney
Carlton
Port
Brisbane
Giants
Melbourne

, should still beat us, if they play anywhere near their best. They have gears that go beyond our best.

I think even think our best struggles against:
Fremantle
Collingwood
Geelong
Bulldogs
Suns
St Kilda
Adelaide

, if they play at their very best. Ie, their best gears are at least as good as ours.

It has just been a very weird season with a lot of clubs having injury and form losses at the perfect time for us. We've also seen a lot of improvement from our young mids and the inclusion of solid B and B+ graders. As well as having a very good run with injuries.

I hope our luck continues, but no matter where we finish on the ladder I don't expect us to beat any other finalist if they're not crippled with injuries or in horrible form.

I do think we'll make the finals because we'll go in favourite against Adelaide, Freo and Suns at home. However, if the Suns "grow the fudge up", the Saints carry today's form, and the Freo that beat Sydney on the road turn up we could easily win just one game from the next five. Then get hammered by Sydney and Brisbane at the end of the year to finish a dismal 11th after being in the top 4 this late in the season.

If any Essendon supporter is stupid enough to be cocky about the Melbourne game then don't warn them. They deserve to be upset if we lose to Melbourne!!

We definitely need Setterfield in their to add a bit more size and steel against such a strong-bodied midfield, and will miss Parish. However, you can see May and Lever picking off a lot of our attack if we are just bombing it in there.

The problem with using managed versus omitted as a selection lever could come back to haunt us. I would go with no changes (injury permitting)

Perkins has to be dropped. Has been poor for over a month and shouldn't be an auto selection.

I'd bring in Goldy so that Draper isn't solo against Gawn. If you can limit Gawns influence then Demons struggle.

Going to be a great game and I think we should win this. We are more than capable of winning this game.

I don't think we're qualified to underestimate a team that finished top 4 in the last 3 years.

Not confident at all especially if it's a wet weather game. I just hope we're not kicking it to Lever and May all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underestimate? I think that even playing at our very best:
Sydney
Carlton
Port
Brisbane
Giants
Melbourne

, should still beat us, if they play anywhere near their best. They have gears that go beyond our best.

I think even think our best struggles against:
Fremantle
Collingwood
Geelong
Bulldogs
Suns
St Kilda
Adelaide

, if they play at their very best. Ie, their best gears are at least as good as ours.

It has just been a very weird season with a lot of clubs having injury and form losses at the perfect time for us. We've also seen a lot of improvement from our young mids and the inclusion of solid B and B+ graders. As well as having a very good run with injuries.

I hope our luck continues, but no matter where we finish on the ladder I don't expect us to beat any other finalist if they're not crippled with injuries or in horrible form.

I do think we'll make the finals because we'll go in favourite against Adelaide, Freo and Suns at home. However, if the Suns "grow the fudge up", the Saints carry today's form, and the Freo that beat Sydney on the road turn up we could easily win just one game from the next five. Then get hammered by Sydney and Brisbane at the end of the year to finish a dismal 11th after being in the top 4 this late in the season.

If any Essendon supporter is stupid enough to be cocky about the Melbourne game then don't warn them. They deserve to be upset if we lose to Melbourne!!

We definitely need Setterfield in their to add a bit more size and steel against such a strong-bodied midfield, and will miss Parish. However, you can see May and Lever picking off a lot of our attack if we are just bombing it in there.
Wouldn't drop either of those guys and we are in the top four. Only read down to where you compared us to the Suns

Why cant we win?

Match up well against them, our strength (defence) is there weakness (forward line) whilst the same applies at the other end (our fwd line in comparison to the Dees defence)

With Petracca out, that is a huge help. Oliver has been just 'going' this year. The next generation of Dees midfielders are going well but surely the mids we possess are on par with them, if not better (see Zac).

Bringing in Setterfield makes sense against a contested footy style, Durham, Setterfield, Caldwell with Shiel and Zac running out of the stoppage excites me.

Draper needs a big one, I wouldn't be playing a second ruck. Not on a cold wintry night with suspected rain. We looked much better on the weekend with one ruck and do agree Cox could help out against the 2nd/3rd string rucks. Handy role for Nik.

If we are to win, the midfield needs o dominate, the team needs o be pressure ready and we need to kick straight. Do these and I don't see why we cant win

Goldy stays out if max is indeed out. Same set up as the previous week, let Draper ruck solo against a potential Fullarton or make shift ruckman in McDonald or something like that.
Not sure what other options they have?
Maybe Heppell in for hind
With Heppell or Perko to be the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back