Trades Round 17 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Arghhhh I've been holding Bontempelli all year because of other priorities.

I seriously have no idea what to do at the moment. I'm a lock for top 2 in my league (but 21k in the rankings) so mostly worried about long term planning rather than fielding the best possible team, so that I can at least win my league.
View attachment 525816

Any advice? Edit: Cashed up with $480k.
Can you try and grab two solid premiums like Crouch and another by swapping Yeo back and trading Rice and Bont?

I seriously have no idea what to do at the moment. I'm a lock for top 2 in my league (but 21k in the rankings) so mostly worried about long term planning rather than fielding the best possible team, so that I can at least win my league.
View attachment 525816

2 injuries on-field in Bont and Brayshaw.
I'd look to upgrade both if you can.

Hopper back this week for TT owners.

Greene might be back - could be a nice POD in a couple rounds once price drops and he is back to full fitness.

Heeney will be back
Macrae should be back

Pittonet (170k ruck) could be in for McEvoy and could be our O-Mac downgrade saviour!

Can you try and grab two solid premiums like Crouch and another by swapping Yeo back and trading Rice and Bont?
Hmm yeah I could get pretty much anyone except Gaff or Selwood by doing that. Probably a good idea with my poor defence, I hadn't thought of swapping Yeo - thanks for that!

Could be a toss up between getting Beams, D Smith (to give me mid/fwd in my mid) or Cripps along with M Crouch.

View attachment 525816

God you've had a rough trot. Looking at that midfield before the byes, you'd be pretty happy with it bar Brayshaw, and even he's been solid.

Right so what I'd do is hold Bray for now and trade him next week as he's got good currency but won't change price this week. Field Sier, bench Narkle and put the E on him. If he has a good game you can put Bray back on field and loophole Narkle with his E.

Next, I agree with flowersbyirene in that you should get Crouch. Well priced and only getting better. Bont for Crouch costs you 86K and leaves you with around 400K.

Next swing Yeo back and trade Rice. I'd be going Beams as he's still well priced at 703K and leaves you with 30K or so for next week.

Next week, Ronke to any 170K FWD which nets you around 260K and then Bray up to someone like Laird (with Yeo swinging back into the mids to complete your midfield) and strengthen your backline at the same time. Can also go with a 700K or below mid that you like, but I prefer the former as Laird is solid and your overall team looks better.

Lastly, pray to god that Simpson plays this week

God you've had a rough trot. Looking at that midfield before the byes, you'd be pretty happy with it bar Brayshaw, and even he's been solid.

Right so what I'd do is hold Bray for now and trade him next week as he's got good currency but won't change price this week. Field Sier, bench Narkle and put the E on him. If he has a good game you can put Bray back on field and loophole Narkle with his E.

Next, I agree with flowersbyirene in that you should get Crouch. Well priced and only getting better. Bont for Crouch costs you 86K and leaves you with around 400K.

Next swing Yeo back and trade Rice. I'd be going Beams as he's still well priced at 703K and leaves you with 30K or so for next week.

Next week, Ronke to any 170K FWD which nets you around 260K and then Bray up to someone like Laird (with Yeo swinging back into the mids to complete your midfield) and strengthen your backline at the same time. Can also go with a 700K or below mid that you like, but I prefer the former as Laird is solid and your overall tean looks better.

+1 this.
Great trades and strengthens your team immensely.

Next week, Ronke to any 170K FWD which nets you around 260K and then Bray up to someone like Laird (with Yeo swinging back into the mids to complete your midfield) and strengthen your backline at the same time. Can also go with a 700K or below mid that you like, but I prefer the former as Laird is solid and your overall tean looks better.

I'm in a similar boat. Been holding Bont until all my rookies were off the field, which finally happened last week (unless you count Heeney benched for Ahern and Smith having to come in for a Simpson late out).

Was all set to trade Curnow and Bont to Crouch and Beams this week. I am just hoping to hell that Simpson get's named and plays or else I will have to trade him and hold Curnow.

Problem is, with Crouch playing Thursday night, I am going to have to trade Bont to Crouch before final Sunday teams and without knowing for sure if Simpson is going to play (if named on Thursday arvo).

Just going to have to do the Bont to Crouch on Thursday and worst case trade Simpson to Brayshaw.

I'm in a similar boat. Been holding Bont until all my rookies were off the field, which finally happened last week (unless you count Heeney benched for Ahern and Smith having to come in for a Simpson late out).

Was all set to trade Curnow and Bont to Crouch and Beams this week. I am just hoping to hell that Simpson get's named and plays or else I will have to trade him and hold Curnow.

Problem is, with Crouch playing Thursday night, I am going to have to trade Bont to Crouch before final Sunday teams and without knowing for sure if Simpson is going to play (if named on Thursday arvo).

Just going to have to do the Bont to Crouch on Thursday and worst case trade Simpson to Brayshaw.
Send through a pic of your team if you like and I'll let you know if there's anything better you can do :)

View attachment 525816

Agree with others. Double upgrade both Bont and Bray to premos that have a good run through the AF Finals. Crouch and Cripps come to mind. Follow this up with a trade next week of Spargo and Ronke to Devon Smith and a rookie.

2 injuries on-field in Bont and Brayshaw.
I'd look to upgrade both if you can.
Really not ideal timing for Bray's injury :( He was doing so well.

Wow, thank you so much. That all sounds really good (until 5 more of my players get struck down with some sort of medical emergency haha).

I've been trying to downgrade Ronke for weeks, just can't catch a break. Between wasting money and trades on bringing in Macrae, Seedsman and Curnow at their most expensive price, getting in dud rookies like Mutch, Wilson and Redman and copping a heap of injuries, late withdrawals etc. I've been struggling!

Send through a pic of your team if you like and I'll let you know if there's anything better you can do :)

Cheers mate.

And before you go straight to you must trade Goldstein to Grundy, I know I need to do that trade ASAP, but Goldy is coming off a 118,93 and 132 and is averaging 102 over the last 5 and 114 over the last 3. I know its not Grundy levels, but he has outscored Grundy in two of the last three games. Granted when Grundy outscored Goldy it was 150-93 :)

In comparison Curnow and Bont are averaging 77.7 and 85.7 over the last three.

I have $204k in the bank. Current trades are Curnow and Bont to Crouch and Beams. If Simpson doesn't play them I am thinking Simpson to Brayshaw and Bont to one of Crouch/Beams.

Just brought Shuey in last week, so I am happy to ride his low BE.

Currently ranked 1131 and have been bouncing between 1100-1300 for the past month. Missing out on Mitchell's 195 as C the other week really hurt.

Capture 1.PNG

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    982.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

View attachment 525816

If Smith is out I'd move Yeo back, trade Smith and Bont to fallen premos (Shuey, Heppell, Dusty etc) or possibly someone slightly better if you can afford it (eg. Shuey + Beams)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate.

And before you go straight to you must trade Goldstein to Grundy, I know I need to do that trade ASAP, but Goldy is coming off a 118,93 and 132 and is averaging 102 over the last 5 and 114 over the last 3. I know its not Grundy levels, but he has outscored Grundy in two of the last three games. Granted when Grundy outscored Goldy it was 150-93 :)

In comparison Curnow and Bont are averaging 77.7 and 85.7 over the last three.

I have $204k in the bank. Current trades are Curnow and Bont to Crouch and Beams. If Simpson doesn't play them I am thinking Simpson to Brayshaw and Bont to one of Crouch/Beams.

Just brought Shuey in last week, so I am happy to ride his low BE.

Currently ranked 1131 and have been bouncing between 1100-1300 for the past month. Missing out on Mitchell's 195 as C the other week really hurt.

View attachment 525852

Nah it looks like you're in a pretty good spot! Good solid team and should make a strong play for the top 1000 over the coming weeks. I finally broke back into the top 1000 after being 20 spots out for like 3 weeks in a row haha, so I feel your pain

Completely agree with you re. Grundy and Goldy. No point luxury trading if it's just gonna be for a slight improvement. Can do that next week if need be

I'd look at going Bont out, Heeney, Rocky etc. into the mids, Ahern on field and 170K or thereabouts fwd on your bench. Means you miss out on Crouch this week but can grab him next week and you're left with around 610K. If Simpson plays this week then you can go Curnow to Beams, Selwood, Gaff etc and if he doesn't, you can go Simpson to Bray or Sic Dawg. Alleviates the issue with the lockout and gives you the chance to double upgrade next week.

So should look like this:

Bont > 170K FWD via Heeney, Rocky etc. DPP
Curnow > Beams / Simmo > Brayshaw

Remaining 550-570K or so

Next week, Ahern / Curnow > Crouch, Selwood, Gaff, Macrae etc
Goldy > Grundy

Essentially one step back but about 3 steps forward

Last edited:
Really not ideal timing for Bray's injury :( He was doing so well.

Wow, thank you so much. That all sounds really good (until 5 more of my players get struck down with some sort of medical emergency haha).

I've been trying to downgrade Ronke for weeks, just can't catch a break. Between wasting money and trades on bringing in Macrae, Seedsman and Curnow at their most expensive price, getting in dud rookies like Mutch, Wilson and Redman and copping a heap of injuries, late withdrawals etc. I've been struggling!
Not a problem at all! I know what it's like when you get stuck.

Haha I know what you mean. I'd had so much luck and then I copped Darling the week I brought him in, Laird the next week and then Macrae. When it rains, it ****ing pours haha. Hopefully you have a better run from here and can finish strong!

This is my current team post trades.

IMG_5111.jpg

I know I need to offload Sauce (to Grundy) and Curnow (to Crouch/Beams). But I think I need prioritise trades that will help me field a full squad of premos.

I've gone Guelfi and Keefe to Whitfield and O'riorden (provided he's named). Giving me complete Fwd and Def that I am happy with.

I was playing around with the idea of going Crozier at D6 instead of Whitfield. Very risky move though. Frees up a bit more cash that I can use in coming weeks before the AF Finals.

Damn those scores are disgusting when you list them like that. I’m on a tight budget after going Sauce to Grundy which is an upgrade and a half. I just think Dusty has to pull his finger out at some point and I only need him to avg 100 as M8. I’ll then trade the biggest spud out of Dusty/Parker/Rocky in order to bring in old mate Macrae. Shuey is also a consideration, probably a safer pick in terms of his role and the fact that he actually tackles. Who would you pick out of Shuey or Dusty? Or anyone else cheaper than Dusty?
Sloane maybe? Tackling machine and starting to find the ball a bit more after coming back. Was going to wait another week or two on him myself but if you need something this week? Would go him over Dusty just from an effort point of view. Dusty seems to be coasting a bit this year but you know Rory will put in every week.

Sloane maybe? Tackling machine and starting to find the ball a bit more after coming back. Was going to wait another week or two on him myself but if you need something this week? Would go him over Dusty just from an effort point of view. Dusty seems to be coasting a bit this year but you know Rory will put in every week.

Wouldn't go Sloaney this week with Scooter a near certainty to tag him

Bah. Rumours floating around that Ablett will be a late out tomorrow. Just when I thought I had my trades set for the week, now I might have to look at offloading him too. Not so bad I guess, with Fritta being decent cover if he doesn't get up

Sloane is certainly a good shout. The boys should get around him this week given he re-signed so he could have big game this week. Tagging issues are a worry though and it’s only a matter of time until he is tagged every week like last year. It could start this week. He is uber premo though, if fit and not tagged

Sloane is certainly a good shout. The boys should get around him this week given he re-signed so he could have big game this week. Tagging issues are a worry though and it’s only a matter of time until he is tagged every week like last year. It could start this week. He is uber premo though, if fit and not tagged
Crows are tanking for this years draft IMHO, anything could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 17 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back