Unofficial Preview Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure we need to replace him with an "elite" key defender in order to get a net positive out of the switch. He'd also be a more than handy chop out ruckman you'd think.
I would back him to bounce back next year as a key defender and be much better than this year. But even so I think he could be more valuable to the team as a forward ruck.
Battle is better than most people think.
Battle is fine, but he can’t replace Moore. You’re losing a good 10cm height in defence doing that. He’d be the ideal Howe replacement as a 3rd tall intercept defender.

Yeah Moore will never be a midfielder. But I've seen enough this year to know we need to seriously consider moving him out of defence and using him in a different role. He should be a weapon for us, not a weakness!!!

If we can get a reliable key defender like Battle in the off season and Eyre and Dean come on; then we could use Moore as a replacement for Cox as a forward/ruck.
It would be a neat solution to the issues we are seeing with both Moore as a defender and Cox as a forward. I'd back Moore to be way more impactful as a forward than Cox and way more impactful than any of our other options as a second ruck.
Moore would be up there with the best fwd/rucks of the comp. But I don’t see the switch ever happening.

I like Teakle and think we should have signed him over Bytel. But he won a total of 4 hit outs that game.

You’re massively overrating his impact that game and are massively overstating Kreuger’s inability to ruck.
He was terrible in the Gold Coast game too. So you rate him as a back up, ruckman?

He was terrible in the Gold Coast game too. So you rate him as a back up, ruckman?
He won 9 hit outs, more than Gold Coast’s second rucks combined.

I prefer Cox but I don’t see the point of whining about Kreuger’s ruckwork every week the former is injured and the latter is on par with most key forwards when they go to the ruck.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you push WHE back and Reef forward
Dean not exactly a like for like for noble and WHE has more run.
I'm not saying he's a like for anyone. Just responding to the poster who said we had no one to come back in. Dean was carry over emergency for Saturday, so had IQ not got up, Dean would have come in. And in hindsight, that may have been a good thing..😉

But you brought up someone who wasn't out due to injury. I said we have no one coming back from injury which is true. Lachie was sick.
You actually didn't mention coming back from injury in your post. Hence why I brought up Shoota.

The cupboard isn't bare. We have available players to replace Beau & JFN. But if you prefer going down the doom & gloom road, you're welcome to it 🥴

Remove this Banner Ad

Back