Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Kreuger much better as a forward target. Cox better as a ruck. In most games, you'd take the forward major over the ruck major, except against GC and a few others.

I for one would love to see Kreugs cement a role as a key forward at least until McStay comes back
Kreugs Might create a selection/structural issue when McStays ready because I highly doubt they will want mcstay to ruck.

Kreugs Might create a selection/structural issue when McStays ready because I highly doubt they will want mcstay to ruck.
What makes you think they wouldn’t play Kreuger alongside McStay and Checkers? They played those two and Cox in the same team last year, I doubt they’d be hesitant to play a guy who provides a higher forward threat as a forward/ruck.

There’s a bit of solace to be had that despite the shitty start to the year, a couple of draws we should’ve won and not firing on all cylinders yet we are only half a game out of 3rd spot. Gooey back was a welcome sight and whilst there are quite a few players not in the same AA type form of last year, Darcy, IQ etc the best part of the year is ahead of us.
We are proven big game performers and anyone that wants the flag will have to come through the Pies.

Brad Scott is a farking whinger and a knucklehead. Sore loser blaming umps for loss to Cats.

The Bombers wont be easy on Friday night.
We won't be easy either. I reckon Fly looked dour during the presser.
We will hit this game hard. Got a feeling we ain't gonna see 3 quarters of sfa followed by 30 minutes of manic pressure. The manic pressure will have a much more even distribution throughout this game.
JDG, Checkers, Pendles have come back after long layoffs. Some have mentioned that Pendles might be hampered still with his arm. I think it more likely that after the prolonged layoff, even the master needs to recalibrate.
I have a good feeling about this Friday night. Bring it on.

There’s a bit of solace to be had that despite the shitty start to the year, a couple of draws we should’ve won and not firing on all cylinders yet we are only half a game out of 3rd spot. Gooey back was a welcome sight and whilst there are quite a few players not in the same AA type form of last year, Darcy, IQ etc the best part of the year is ahead of us.
We are proven big game performers and anyone that wants the flag will have to come through the Pies.
I like your enthusiasm and agree. However, also scary that at the same time difference between 3rd and 13th spot on the ladder is only 1.5 games 😳

We won't be easy either. I reckon Fly looked dour during the presser.
We will hit this game hard. Got a feeling we ain't gonna see 3 quarters of sfa followed by 30 minutes of manic pressure. The manic pressure will have a much more even distribution throughout this game.
JDG, Checkers, Pendles have come back after long layoffs. Some have mentioned that Pendles might be hampered still with his arm. I think it more likely that after the prolonged layoff, even the master needs to recalibrate.
I have a good feeling about this Friday night. Bring it on.
Hopefully the those that came back in are slow burners (fingers crossed not too slow). First three games this year people were saying Pendles too old and slow along with a few others. That the cliff had already arrived. But here we are looking thereabouts to make finals. So we’ve done alright to this point.

Funnily enough when Darcy got pinged for the same thing earlier in the year there was crickets about it.
Did it happen this year too? I thought he had a free against in the goal square two years ago vs Hawks. Maybe even one vs GWS two years ago too. But more sure about one vs Hawks for deliberate in goal square.

Did it happen this year too? I thought he had a free against in the goal square two years ago vs Hawks. Maybe even one vs GWS two years ago too. But more sure about one vs Hawks for deliberate in goal square.

Might of been last year. But you barely heard anything about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On sen today, they were talking about it happening during a Swans game a few weeks ago to Tom McCartin & no one mentioned it then either.

No mention of Maynard there,which is good news.And Ralph says no stars coming back.Doesn’t he consider Schultz to be a star?😀

Maybe he read all the posts from earlier this year you all know

not worth a what we paid for him, he needs to be omitted bring in so and so, why did we trade for him.......

I would consider the following changes:
Out: Beau, JFN (inj), Sulli
In: Schultz, McInnes, Fin
WHE to HB to replace JFN
JRichards to play in the 22.
Give Reef some midfield time
SUB: Fin

I don't think Fin gets back in. Sullivan stays in the side, but play him in the midfield, not forward. I had no idea why Fly and co. opted to play Sulli forward!!
Throw him in the guts for f**k sake....

Last edited:
I don't think Fin gets back in. Sullivan stays in the side, but play him in the midfield, not forward. I had no idea why Fly and co. opted to play Sulli forward!!
Through him in the guts for f**k sake....
Agree, why the f**k did we not play him through the midfield??
Honestly, whether or not it is Fin or Sulli, I don;t care. We just need another hard mid to go through the middle.

We generally dont like playing Moore.Frampton. Dean and Howe in defence, unless Howe plays forward. So it'll be interesting to see who actually does replace Noble. Maybe a move of magnets type thing.
Play Frampton, Dean and Howe in defence and play Moore forward

And Ralph says no stars coming back.Doesn’t he consider Schultz to be a star?😀

Yeah, there are three definitions of “Star”.

(1) (common usage) A celestial object that emits radiation.

(2) (common usage) A person who is at the pinnacle of the competition.

(3) (media usage) A person who is not at the bottom of the competition

Bad miss by Ralphy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back