Preview Round 18, 2021: Hawks v Dees, MCG 7:25pm Sat'd 17th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited to see Ned back in the team. Disappointed that Clarko didn’t make a statement by dropping a midfielder or 2 after the midfield performance last week. Our midfield got destroyed last week by Freo, scared to think what this Melbourne midfield is going to do.

Hopefully the mid field turn up this week, staggering no changes in their after last weeks insipid effort. Hoping Nash is given the full game on the ball.

overall 66% happy with the ins.

Hoping for more endeavour, arm pinning tackles, over lap run, care free ball movement and for one or more of the kids to announce themselves.

Excited to see Ned back in the team. Disappointed that Clarko didn’t make a statement by dropping a midfielder or 2 after the midfield performance last week. Our midfield got destroyed last week by Freo, scared to think what this Melbourne midfield is going to do.
Got destroyed in the first half against Port as well

Happy to see Reeves v Gawn. But that is the tallest team I've seen us list.

Agree, you can feel the Gawn paranoia from here. Fair enough too. Never seen a bloke dominate us like him.
Fair test for big Ned this week......

Playing on the tallest, best ruck in the land who is in the middle of his best ever season and has dominated the Hawks in the past.

At least he will get a crash course on what it takes to be the best if nothing else.

Lewis is 22 he is a kid.

Hanrahan lacks the fitness level to play AFL midfield, he would go full hindenburg by quarter time.
When Lewis returned from a shoulder injury he was real tentative, no confidence in his body.
He is now returning from a 4 week concussion with a scratch, inter club game under his belt.

Not bagging the kid but give him a block of games at Box Hill to get his confidence back.
Is he a first picked player? is there a need to have him in the senior side?
Do you really think he is going to crash packs this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeka only has to fart and people want him in the side, our 22yr old key forward comes into the side after 4 weeks out and people are actually suggesting he shouldn’t be put into the side to play alongside those who will hopefully be his forward line companions for years to come.
How about we see if Kosi, Jeka and Lewis all play, and then let’s hope that they can all start working on a function and a system that sees them all profit.

Jeka only has to fart and people want him in the side, our 22yr old key forward comes into the side after 4 weeks out and people are actually suggesting he shouldn’t be put into the side to play alongside those who will hopefully be his forward line companions for years to come.
How about we see if Kosi, Jeka and Lewis all play, and then let’s hope that they can all start working on a function and a system that sees them all profit.
Start a poll. Every bit of Jeka I have seen points to a better player than Lewis will ever be. Better on the lead, at ground level, by hand and a very promising field kick. Of course he needs more exposure at the top level but his tools look better. If I am wrong no one will care btw.:)

Last edited:
Start a poll. Every bit of Jeka I have seen points top a better player than Lewis will ever be. Better on the lead, at ground level, by hand and a a very promising field kick. Of course he needs more exposure at the top level but his tools look better. If I am wrong no one will care btw.:)

Reckon Jeka does look a better player. Hopefully Lewis can repay the faith.

Lewis does drop his head fairly often. Calls for the bomb on his head, too, and doesn't mark much. Looks out of sorts, but has the goods to be a decent player. Kilograms and games make a difference.

Start a poll. Every bit of Jeka I have seen points to a better player than Lewis will ever be. Better on the lead, at ground level, by hand and a very promising field kick. Of course he needs more exposure at the top level but his tools look better. If I am wrong no one will care btw.:)
Way to miss the point.

Did you miss the time Lewis dominated the VFL?

2018 he kicked 38 goals and came second in the goal kicking, averaged 3 goals a game.

He's young kpf that's had injuries every season, how about we just see what he can do with a clean run of injuries.

Last edited:
Did you miss the time Lewis dominated the VFL?

2018 he kicked 38 goals and came second in the goal kicking, averaged 3 goals a game.

He's young kpf that's had injuries every season, how about we just see what he can do with a clean run of injuries.
2018 seriously? You do realise its 2021 and he has not given a yelp since? He needs to earn his spot back. Like anyone who had been out of sorts as long as he has.

So many talls yet none of the ins are any good at marking above their head*.

Long, high kicks down the line to hopefully slow the game down and turn it into an ugly, stoppage-based, dour game to stop a blowout.

Boy... I'm excited.

*Reeves may well be, but it too early to tell

Jeka only has to fart and people want him in the side? I am missing what point exactly? The point you want to belittle other posters footy nous?

Jeka deserves a shot over Lewis on exposed form this year, easily.
Missed it again.

Missed it again.
Unless lewis can ruck I don’t see all of jeka, Kosi and Lewis in the team as a regular thing. Way too tall with two ruckman also needing to find some room in the forward line. So I don’t really know why you are operating under the assumption that they all need time to learn to play together. It is an unlikely outcome. None of them have the ground ball and pressure game of buddy, roughy and Gunston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back