Game Day Round 18, 2021: Hawks v Demons, MCG 7:25pm Sat'd 17th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last year Morrison and Moore saved their careers by playing well late in the season.

Here’s hoping Nash and Greaves do something similar. I think Nash will be the first player delisted this off-season unless he plays in the midfield.

Box hill does play the same game plan flinch. You only think that they play a different plan just because see them flogging some weak sides. When they played casey this year guess what happened. Same down the line game plan was implemented

By the way i was around in the 70s and 80s. Imean my fav player is Peter Knights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the theory behind it. But what amazes me is how coaches and teams acquiesce to what the defending team allows.

We must be the only sport in the land that the offensive team is dictated to by the defensive team. Coaches are so risk averse that teams that set up well are allowed to dominate without really being challenged.

The only way to take apart a good set up is to attack it, move the ball quickly and yet teams just won’t do it. From the top of the ladder to the bottom. Does my head in.

I know skill level is down across the league but this is more on all coaches. Teams can even do it without compromising defensive positioning, they just don’t want to risk a turnover. If someone wins a flag taking the game on in that manner it’ll change instantly until that point though we are stuck with this rubbish mentality every team has.
70m out, on the flank and 98% of kicks go to the pocket!!
Does my head in as well, especially when in front of goals there is so much space to lead into but the entire comp
are too scared of a turn over the other way.

Back your fwds!!!!!

So they do not kick it to Gawn?

He'd never get a chance to run back to the square if teams moved the ball faster....
Funnily enough, it's just a hop and a skip over to the forward pocket for Gawn, so hardly chops him entirely from the contest.
Melbourne are good this year, but to think an entire comp has to only attack via the boundary because they're afraid of getting outmarked or intercepted is ridiculous.
Melbourne's defenders would be absolutely thrilled with this thinking.

Cousins coming makes sense but is frustrating.
All the more reason to tune in tomorrow arvo though!

He'd never get a chance to run back to the square if teams moved the ball faster....
Funnily enough, it's just a hop and a skip over to the forward pocket for Gawn, so hardly chops him entirely from the contest.
Melbourne are good this year, but to think an entire comp has to only attack via the boundary because they're afraid of getting outmarked or intercepted is ridiculous.
Was tongue in cheek. I am sure we will kick to Gawn at some point tonight. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back