Preview Round 18, 2024 : Hawks v Dockers, 1:45pm Sat 13th July, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think our forward line on the weekend highlighted just how much we have relied on the contest and follow up Calsher has brought to our team. Him and Chol combined I think is more pivotal to our team than I originally thought.

Hope he comes straight back in for Lewis but if not I think we need to select someone who’s going to give us that follow up work.

Ideally
IN
Dear, Ginnivan, Sicily,
OUT
Lewis (inj), Morrison, Seamus

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Watson - Dear - Ginnivan
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Gunston - Mackenzie - Nash - Impey - Breust (sub)

Last edited:
Ideally
IN
Dear, Ginnivan, Sicily,
OUT
Lewis (inj), Morrison, Scrimshaw

Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Watson - Dear - Ginnivan
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Scrimshaw 😂

Ideally
IN
Dear, Ginnivan, Sicily,
OUT
Lewis (inj), Morrison, Scrimshaw
:D
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Watson - Dear - Ginnivan
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Is he in or is he out? It looks easy from the outside :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Dear, Serong
Outs: Lewis, Mitchell

B: Serong Frost Weddle
HB: Amon Scrim Morrison
C: Mass Nash Jiath
HF: Moore Chol CMac
F: Watson Gunston Hardwick
Fol: Meek Newcombe Day
Int: Worpel Impey Mackenzie Dear
Sub: Breust

If Day doesn't make it then Ward comes in.
Lewis out Dear in.
Mitchell out Ginn in.

If Sicily available then out goes one of Breust or Harry.

Biggest game of our season coming up. I sound like Bradkill, but we were never beating Geelong down there. We needed to go 6-3 to give ourselves a chance to make finals and I'd already pencilled in the weekends game as one of those 3.

Freo are in form and we haven't played well against them recently, but this is a different Hawthorn outfit with plenty to prove after Saturday, and we'll play Launnie better than them.

Didn't get to watch any of the game on the weekend, so aside from Lewis I can't comment on injury omissions etc.

Hopefully Sicily can return. If not I'd love to see Serong get a call up. BOG in the VFL yesterday from what I saw of it.

Ginni for Punky appears to be a popular change as well.

Chol, Gunston, dear with Breust as sub is the forward mix that’s worked the best for us. Expect us to go back to that if dear is fit and assuming Lewis is out.

If ginni not ready might be Finn’s turn to get a shot - his tank will suit Tassie and we may need more mids vs freo.

Assuming Sicily is not ready, serong should come in to give us another tall - the mix didn’t work vs Geelong. Seamus on shaky ground - probably goes out.

In: Dear, finn, serong
Out: Lewis, seamus, Morrison (Breust to sub)

The team will do a hard look at themselves this week, midfield will lift. Launceston is our home fortress, there is a different mindset when playing there, our home away from home. Freo do the double flight and get greeted with a blast of Tassie ice. This is ours to win. Changes will be made, resolve will replace doubt and indecision, players in players out as needed.
This is ours to win.

Out: Lewis, Mitchell, Morrison, Breust (move to sub)
In: Sicily (Serong if not fit), Dear, Ginni

Also tempted to do Scaife for Gunston, but I don't want to tip the experience scales too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back