OUT
Lewis (inj), Morrison, Scrimshaw

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Watson - Dear - Ginnivan
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Gunston - Mackenzie - Nash - Impey - Breust (sub)

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

In: Sicily, Ginni, Dear, Scaife
Out: Mitchell, Lewis, Gunston ( to sub), Morrison
If Sicily not fit bring in McCabe to play on Amiss, Amiss doesn’t have the strength yet to be able to push around.

Outs:
Bruest - we have carried him all season and his "bench coaching" doesn't compensate for his lack of production which has been close to zero all year - in both attack and defensively
Morrison - solid citizen but we need more than that
Lewis - presuming he misses through injury
Mitchell - not as critical of some of his game, not that the turnovers helped us be he did try offer more offensively that he has been earlier this year. Will be a long term player but comes down to balance this week

In's:
Bennetts - assuming Ginnivan misses another we comes in for Breust. The easy option would be Wingard but this kid has been consistent in the 2's, on the list for a couple of years, lets give him his chance
Ward - time for the first round draft pick to stabnd up and be counted. Offers more leg speed than Morrison and can play both inside and outside and his left foot is a point of difference
Dear - comes in for Lewis
Sicily - hopefully our backline regains their shape as they were at 6's and 7's for the majority of the game

I feel like one of the bare minimum things the AFL could do to reduce WA club travel burdens is not make them play in Tas.

That said, I am glad this game is in Tas.
would seem the obvious way to, wouldnt mind playing yous or the dees at the g instead we get tas and alice. meanwhile the bombers face 4 non vic sides in melb out of 5 to end the season

Outs:
Bruest - we have carried him all season and his "bench coaching" doesn't compensate for his lack of production which has been close to zero all year - in both attack and defensively
Morrison - solid citizen but we need more than that
Lewis - presuming he misses through injury
Mitchell - not as critical of some of his game, not that the turnovers helped us be he did try offer more offensively that he has been earlier this year. Will be a long term player but comes down to balance this week

In's:
Bennetts - assuming Ginnivan misses another we comes in for Breust. The easy option would be Wingard but this kid has been consistent in the 2's, on the list for a couple of years, lets give him his chance
Ward - time for the first round draft pick to stabnd up and be counted. Offers more leg speed than Morrison and can play both inside and outside and his left foot is a point of difference
Dear - comes in for Lewis
Sicily - hopefully our backline regains their shape as they were at 6's and 7's for the majority of the game
Punky has been great as a sub. Like all injured players needs a few full games to get going if we want to start him.

Ward 31 touches 5 tackles
Macdonald 28 touches 1 tackle
Serong 27 touches 5 tackles
Maginness 24 touches and 2.0 goals
Hustwaite 24 touches 7 tackles
Ryan 18 touches
Phillips 17 touches
DGB 14 touches
Bennetts 14 touches
Wingard 13 touches and 0.1 goals
Scaife 13 touches and 1.4 goals
JOS 12 touches and 1.2 goals
Reeves 12 touches 50 hitouts
McCabe 12 touches (half game)
Ramsden 9 touches 1.0 goals
Tucker 8 touches 2.0 goals

Out: Mitchell, Lewis inj, Gunston and Bruest managed.

In: Dear, Serong, Maginness, Ward
This seems pretty good to me!
I'd like to have Morrison or Breust as the sub.

I'd like for Lewis to be put on ice for the year at this stage.
Club and player to come out and say it so that come 2025 he is ready for 20+ games for the season.

Finn and Ward I'd say deserve a full game in the seniors- part of me thinks the best thing for Ward is to get thrown against the best and to spend time swapping with Finn playing across the forward flanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear playing a probable
Sicily playing a possible
Ginnivan playing a long shot
Some of the selectors above clearly have never watched the BHH play. lol
Bennetts? probably his least damaging game of the year, currently enduring a very quiet spell. If we need another forward, Maginness fits the bill perfectly, and has succeeded in that position at AFL level.
Ward? 31 touches, at best 12 effective (good last quarter though) Sam does like him, so you never know. Ditto MacDonald, plenty of touches but use of the ball poor. Like both these boys, but both need to be better to get up to AFL standard.
Scrimshaw dropped? well, that's just laughable
Morrison dropped? was far from our worst when he came on.

Dear playing a probable
Sicily playing a possible
Ginnivan playing a long shot
Some of the selectors above clearly have never watched the BHH play. lol
Bennetts? probably his least damaging game of the year, currently enduring a very quiet spell. If we need another forward, Maginness fits the bill perfectly, and has succeeded in that position at AFL level.
Ward? 31 touches, at best 12 effective (good last quarter though) Sam does like him, so you never know. Ditto MacDonald, plenty of touches but use of the ball poor. Like both these boys, but both need to be better to get up to AFL standard.
Scrimshaw dropped? well, that's just laughable
Morrison dropped? was far from our worst when he came on.
Ward was named best

I will be, if we get belted again, it’s as if the players and Sam have waved the white flag. I believe Saturday’s loss is only going to inspire. That’s the biggest lesson I’m taking from the team this year, is their self belief.
It's not about waving the white flag. It's about how we are Freo's (Justin's) bunnies.

It's not about waving the white flag. It's about how we are Freo's (Justin's) bunnies.

In past 3-4 years we have been a lot of teams bunnies. Think we have a strong possibility of eradicating that notion. Sunday is going to be interesting regardless of result.

Edit. Oops meant Saturday

Last edited:
I actually will be.
We haven’t beaten them in 5 years and they haven’t sat as high on the ladder this late in the season since 2015.

Their midfield is elite.

Would be a decent upset for sure.

We haven’t beaten them in 5 years and they haven’t sat as high on the ladder this late in the season since 2015.

Their midfield is elite.

Would be a decent upset for sure.

Way better chance of beating them than Geelong on the weekend, and 95% of this board were certain we'd beat them.

Dockers are not intimidating at all. They were beaten comprehensively by the Bulldogs recently and West Coast earlier in the season.

We'll be spitting fire after a lacklustre trip to Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back