Preview Round 18, 2024 : Hawks v Dockers, 1:45pm Sat 13th July, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruest - Ginny.
Mitchell - DGB.
Gunston - Wingard.
Lewis - Dear

The mistake was made last week bringing a small in for Sicily we lacked size. Playing Gunners in the same side with Bruest and Lewis first up we lacked presurre.

The midfield get another shot they were very good over a 8 week block. We can bounce back this week the travelling teams this year are struggling.

You yourself expressed surprise at how bullish this board was about our chances against Geelong, so I’m not sure why you’d decide to use that as a yardstick?

Fremantle were the first team to knock off Sydney in 3 months, and they travelled from WA to do it.

Our coaching staff will be more focused on how Fremantle beat Sydney two weeks ago than getting done in a derby way back in April don’t you think?

FWIW - I also expect we will play better this week in Tasmania than last week, but people are kidding themselves if they think this won’t be a tough game to win against a resurgent team who have had the wood in us since 2019.

Yes arguably freo have improved in season as much as hawks

Wouldn't mind seeing Scaife get a run. He's physically ready.

But if it's a choice between Scaife or Dear - assuming we won't drop Gunston to play 2x KPF with less than 10 games between them - then I'd prefer Dear.

Our forward half really missed Dear's pressure and ability to contest in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear might mark the ball but he almost always brings it to ground in situations where the other team would've intercepted it or rushed it behind. He also has great tackling pressure which complements chol and watson's immensely. Would be good to get him back in.

Last edited:
Hoping Dear is available, straight swap for Lewis. If Ginnivan is unavailable would like to see Finn McGuiness come back in as that defensive forward. With his endurance, he should be able to push back when required, while also going forward to present a target. The last time he played forward, I think he kicked 4 goals. Serong in if Sicily is still unavailable.

Wouldn't mind seeing Scaife get a run. He's physically ready.

But if it's a choice between Scaife or Dear - assuming we won't drop Gunston to play 2x KPF with less than 10 games between them - then I'd prefer Dear.

Our forward half really missed Dear's pressure and ability to contest in the air.

If Scaife gets a run, would prefer it that he replaces Gunston than Dear.

Yep, Gunston stays in with dear replacing Lewis. I also like the call of Finn back into the team. One of Breust or Harry to sub with the other out to be replaced with either Chad or Ward. That's if Ginni doesn't get up.

Bruest - Ginny.
Mitchell - DGB.
Gunston - Wingard.
Lewis - Dear

The mistake was made last week bringing a small in for Sicily we lacked size. Playing Gunners in the same side with Bruest and Lewis first up we lacked presurre.

The midfield get another shot they were very good over a 8 week block. We can bounce back this week the travelling teams this year are struggling.

I doubt we see Ginni, they stated he was at risk of missing the game against the pies.

Club needs to decide whether it is a chance of making finals. Is this the goal or does it use the remainder of the season to take a good look at some players by giving them a run. Season end is coming around pretty quickly and my preference is for the second option so would like to see some players given an opportunity. This would mean that neither Gunston nor Breust would play and Wingard will not be playing AFL this season at least. Not sure what happens to any of them for 2025. I'm afraid the showing against Geelong requires a serious think about these sorts of things. Would not surprise if there are one or two other regular players dropped for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back