Preview Round 18 2024 - Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants, Sunday 14 July, 3.20 pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends how tall Richmond are.
Is Buckley, Himmel and Idun enough? Probably not (especially if we lose one)

Fonti deserves to play but Ash is more complete. Gotta go with him ramping into the end of the season.

Greene Hogan Riccardi
Daniels Thomas Jones

Cogs Callaghan Green
Ward Briggs Cumming

Ash Whitfield Perryman
Buckley Himmel Idun

Cadman Bedford Aleer Fonti (Sub Peatling)

That's leaving McMullin and XO out. I think think positionally it's more likely we pick a mid/forward in that spot.

You can’t drop Fonti on the back of that performance. He was very good.
Ash has to come back in though, if they go like for like, it will definitely be Fonti. It would be unlucky, but the most likely outcome.

'Joe Fonti, Harvey Thomas, Darcy Jones and Toby McMullin will all be playing on the MCG for the first time, as the Giants look for back to back wins for the first time since round four.

While Fonti is likely to keep his spot after his exciting debut last week, it isn't a guarantee with Lachie Ash returning.

But Kingsley believes three dashing half-backs - Ash, Fonti and Lachie Whitfield - can play in the same team.

"I think we can play all those guys together, it's just a matter of having the courage to do it. I don't see any reason why not," Kingsley said.'

I think we are looking good for this game against Richmond. On paper, our “easiest” game of the remaining matches left this season, but hopefully we have learnt our lessons and will play and maintain focus for the full four quarters. We have not won consecutive matches for more than 3 months, with our last back to back win coming on April 13 as part of our amazing 5-0 start to the season.

Our first game in MCG this year, and it would also be a fantastic experience for Fonti, Thomas, Jones and McMullan to make their MCG debuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what makes this one a big one compared to the others ?

I know it's a large venue not sure if we have a large following out that way so will be interesting to see turnout tomorrow.
Who knows 💁

Where are most of our fans located? It's a good venue.

Carlton hasn't done us any favours.....

Fair way to go, but can just see the last round deciding whether we make it into the Top 8, or the Bulldogs.
I want a top 4 spot and best chance at winning the flag. Dogs have done us a favour. If the dees get up and we do the tigers we are a game off second and two home finals.

My man Fonti is going to be the Bowey of 2024 - debut and not lose a game that season 🤞

I want a top 4 spot and best chance at winning the flag. Dogs have done us a favour. If the dees get up and we do the tigers we are a game off second and two home finals.
Yes - we should be aiming for top 4, not just scraping into the finals. Win against Richmond, and we will be just 1 win away from second spot (or 1.5 wins if Essendon beats Melbourne) by the end of this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back