Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

With brisbane winning the top 8 is pretty much sealed and we are, where we deserve to be

Pity we went from kicking to leads and space for georgiades to run into, into bombing to geriatric dixon in a wheelchair. Finlayson and Charlie are playing simply because we have no one else. Dante could of replaced sweet and sweet play forward but would just be rinse and repeat of the pies game either way. Dixon finlayson and Lord all played 100+ mins although went missing i doubt scully plays more than 80 at AFL level right now and contribute at all. And then finally the club would look way too stupid and ken is way too proud to chuck esava forward after we had recruited him for a backman which is so backwards but is why we are where we are right now. Miss the 8 hinkley goes and we’re laughin

I actually think that it could be a quick fix with the right coaching group in place. I think the talent is there but we lack smart tactical coach and imo, decent development coaches.
Not so sure mate,it’s ok saying all these players like Dixon, Boak and co should go but who’s going g to replace them?
We have one only AFL standard tall forward and a guy who’s 30 next year as our only real small forward that kicks goals.
Marshall has been around 8 years and Lord and Scully need to improve.
Midfield is pretty good but defensively we are struggling with our best defender being a third tall from Essendon.
Aliir has gone backwards and if we had a better option he’d be dropped on his recent performances.
Who have we got in reserve? Bring back Clurey?
Rat is also struggling, there’s just no depth and we have no decent draft picks on the horizon.
Granted the competition is close but we have had opportunities and fluffed them.
Hopefully you’re right and we can get back on track with a new coach and new ideas.

Saw a bit of Ken's presser. He was wearing a Port cap looking every bit like an extra from Green Acres (younger posters might have to look that up).
Definitely the Mr Haney look👍
Some useless trivia for you, Green Acres was the first TV series ever to have the theme song sung by the cast.
Bet ya didn’t know that Officer Dribble 😂

Thought Uwland did a great job on JHF, and GC were able to get the clearances which led to the result.

Zerk Thatcher looked a liability down back and Georgiadies was missed up front. I think JHF is a midfielder and if that means trading in more dynamic fwds then so be it but he needs to be around the ball.

Luko and Ballard, 2 SA boys had their moments who knows if they'll be available at trade season.

I was encouraged by Jr Burgers game I think he’s showing great signs as a wing. Thought Houston was good. There really wasn’t many players that won their position.

I have no idea how Dixon and Finlayson continue to get games

Thought Uwland did a great job on JHF, and GC were able to get the clearances which led to the result.

Zerk Thatcher looked a liability down back and Georgiadies was missed up front. I think JHF is a midfielder and if that means trading in more dynamic fwds then so be it but he needs to be around the ball.

Luko and Ballard, 2 SA boys had their moments who knows if they'll be available at trade season.

I thought BZT was fine, if not good.

King had the better of him, but he's 2nd in the coleman for a reason. He gets the better of most defenders.

And most of the time, BZT was out of position on king due to a turnover from our defense/midfield

Definitely the Mr Haney look👍
Some useless trivia for you, Green Acres was the first TV series ever to have the theme song sung by the cast.
Bet ya didn’t know that Officer Dribble 😂

Why, Officer Dibble, you look positively nauseating. Is something the matter?

But no I did not know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're now starting to shape as likely to finish around 12-13.

We may well have traded pick 6 (2024) + pick 41 (2023) for Esava and Ivan.
For comparison,

Roughly, taking out the dreggs of the deal, in 2018 we gave up:

Polec + Pittard + Pick 23 + Pick 30 for Pick 6 in 2018.

And here we are giving it up for Esava and Ivan whilst also coughing up a 40s pick.

So we're now starting to shape as likely to finish around 12-13.

We may well have traded pick 6 (2024) + pick 41 (2023) for Esava and Ivan.

Don't worry, Davies will land a cushy job somewhere else due his football acumen

Thanks for your input.
If only we were handed millions & millions of bitcoins from the AFL + hundreds of 1st round picks when Primus got sucked?
But unfortunately we’re stuck with Hinkley and a rusted out HQ Holden parked at FF.

I was encouraged by Jr Burgers game I think he’s showing great signs as a wing. Thought Houston was good. There really wasn’t many players that won their position.

I have no idea how Dixon and Finlayson continue to get games

I don't want to be harsh on the lad but all i've seen so far are 1/2 arsed efforts with a hint of cool that have amounted to

3/5ths of f'ck all. Drop the swagger play ugly and get better. There's a 191cm McCallum shadow playing in the Maggies

and guess what... he's breathing down your neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back