Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lisa Hannon for the AFL argued Cameron “could’ve tried to pull or sit him (Duggan) down” early in the tackle before Cameron took three more steps before they ended up on the ground.

WTF?!?
And what is Lisa Hannons experience in tackling a bigger opponent? I bet next to none so where does she get off making such an accusation?

Honestly stuff like this makes you want to stop following this sport. This administration is a complete and utter joke. The sport is cooked.
I am not there yet but if it goes the way of Gaelic footy that will be it for me, I will abandon it just like I did Rugby League and Soccer to a large extent.

And what is Lisa Hannons experience in tackling a bigger opponent? I bet next to none so where does she get off making such an accusation?
I think what's clearly disturbing is that she made arguments that weren't supported by the vision or by anyone who's ever played the game and the Tribunal (apparently) accepted them.

Honestly stuff like this makes you want to stop following this sport. This administration is a complete and utter joke. The sport is cooked.
My love for this game has been slowly dying, but the way this league is run now is accelerating it.

Lisa is doing her job. Michael Christian has playing experience and is the one making the decision to charge.

Ex Collingwood player, doing what the AFL wants.

When is the next appeal usually heard? Tomorrow/Thursday?

The framework for appeals is pretty stacked against the party appealing, so set your expectations low.

You basically have to prove there was an error of law or that the decision was so egregiously wrong that no other tribunal could have possibly come to the same conclusion.

Don’t get me wrong, I want us to appeal, even just for symbolic value, but the chips are stacked against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how we can possibly overturn that decision.
Based on the gross incompetence of the original and 1st appeal decision. If as stated the final appeal is heard by former players I can not see them upholding the decision, every former player I have seen questioned has said it is a non suspension action.

The only ones pumping for a suspension have been non x player media buffoons like Jon Ralph.

The tackle is banned. **** this administration.
Well done Laura Kane who will single handedly ruin the game; been telling people for ages she’s bad news.

I would like to know what charge West Coast should cop for playing a player susceptible to concussions so easily?

I maintain that had Duggan not been concussed, dipsh!t Christian doesn’t even review it.

The framework for appeals is pretty stacked against the party appealing, so set your expectations low.

You basically have to prove there was an error of law or that the decision was so egregiously wrong that no other tribunal could have possibly come to the same conclusion.

Don’t get me wrong, I want us to appeal, even just for symbolic value, but the chips are stacked against us.
It's self evident that Charlie didn't apply any force and was just hanging on but impossible to PROVE he didn't.

But 3 weeks ???? That's a joke. And not comparable to dozens of others who got 1 or 2

The AFL is running the comp. like Stalag 13

Based on the gross incompetence of the original and 1st appeal decision. If as stated the final appeal is heard by former players I can not see them upholding the decision, every former player I have seen questioned has said it is a non suspension action.

The only ones pumping for a suspension have been non x player media buffoons like Jon Ralph.
Ralph got his man just as he got Heeney.

Did you see him flare up this much when Dangerfield was cited. Nope; pretty much this

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Well I said earlier this was a foregone conclusion and the reason for this really is that this administration is very quickly proving itself to be NRL level bad. This is such a shame, I have always held the AFL up as a fantastically run organisation. This new idiot and his cronies are undoing a lot of hard work over many years very, very quickly.

Ok so the next frontier for AFL HQ…. instances where a players knee in a marking contest results in the concussion of an opposition player. That seems to be where we are headed. It’s entirely optional to fly for the contest, impact with an opponent is expected and severe impact has occurred. 3 weeks, thanks for coming!!

It's self evident that Charlie didn't apply any force and was just hanging on but impossible to PROVE he didn't.

But 3 weeks ???? That's a joke. And not comparable to dozens of others who got 1 or 2
or worse, the number of fines for intentional off the ball incidents.

I think our appeal evidence needs to be about "the vibe".

Well done Laura Kane who will single handedly ruin the game; been telling people for ages she’s bad news.

I would like to know what charge West Coast should cop for playing a player susceptible to concussions so easily?

I maintain that had Duggan not been concussed, dipsh!t Christian doesn’t even review it.
I posted the same yesterday, that tackle does not even register if Duggan gets straight up, bizarre process the AFL have going here.

Also posted that Cam Rayner does driving tackles and they look great, if he happens to concuss someone does he cop 3 weeks?

I love my Lions like a family .

I don’t give a stuff about any other team .except perhaps a couple of other interstate ones ;

Unfortunately even with our Fitzroy connection , as far as the the VFL are concerned we are part of the AFL and they don’t care .

It will always be the big VFL clubs that are looked after.

I am so angry about this , particularly with what happened with Cripps and how it hurt Cal .Took him ages to recover .
It also cost Lachie a Brownlow .

It’s just so wrong , the players will be too scared to tackle soon .
Someone has to make a stand about this , it’s just not good enough .

I definitely think she's a worry.

Talks like a bit of a know all as well.

But because she's a woman we need to be careful of what we say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back