Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly I agree although I think the tackle will be gone within 10 years.... flying for marks possibly as well, feet planted marks only.

Within 20 years I can see combat sports like MMA, boxing etc being completely outlawed but they will go underground Fight Club style.

Some are trying to make life risk free which is impossible, complete madness.
What next?

Let's legislate against car accidents, lightning strikes, earthquakes and floods

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Either this or a softer version of it >

Tackling in Gaelic Football is confined to tackling the ball. It is illegal to trip, punch, hold, drag, pull or rugby tackle another player. It is legal, however, to make full body contact as long as it is a clear attempt to win the ball.
Yes. In fact we would be coached to literally dig our shoulder in to the ball carrier's chest area as we attempted to wrench possession from them. It was more physical than you'd think... There was still a lot you could do without being able to tackle the body per se.

In light of Yeo’s comments today; it’s pretty disappointing that glass head Duggan hasn’t come out, even if it doesn’t t directly help Charlie that he contributed or was trying to shake Charlie off him which contributed to his concussion or I can only assume that he’s happy with the direction the AFL is going or perhaps he’s already thinking ahead to his post career when he plans on looking for his pay day by suing the AFL for his concussions.

In light of Yeo’s comments today; it’s pretty disappointing that glass head Duggan hasn’t come out, even if it doesn’t t directly help Charlie that he contributed or was trying to shake Charlie off him which contributed to his concussion or I can only assume that he’s happy with the direction the AFL is going or perhaps he’s already thinking ahead to his post career when he plans on looking for his pay day by suing the AFL for his concussions.

Bruh

Yes. In fact we would be coached to literally dig our shoulder in to the ball carrier's chest area as we attempted to wrench possession from them. It was more physical than you'd think... There was still a lot you could do without being able to tackle the body per se.
I don't think the AFL would allow the hip and shoulder/the bump if they go this way, in other words we would have a more dainty version here in Australia, the land without risk.

Just when I start to agree with you, you come out with bullshit like this. Given the lack of thought gone into this post, I can only assume you have no brains.

Oscar had 9 clearances, our 2nd most behind Neale, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if need be, but I don't think any of his hack kicks forward resulted in intercept marks as was happening a lot earlier in the year.

Without seeing any down-the-ground footage you would like to think that our forwards have learned the importance of playing in front at centre bounces. Particularly in those slippery conditions.
Sneaky chance of All Australian squad in my view based on his last couple of months.

What a 100% terrible take

Listening to Gerard Healy on way home he said this was the most obvious decision tonight to not be suspended. His words was you could see Duggan contributing to the roll and forward motion. Easy decision to scrub the 3 game suspension. Gobsmacked he was with decision.
My first impression which hasn’t changed is that Duggan tried to roll Cameron around his body to break the tackle, but ended up losing balance and fell back.

It’s not the same as grabbing a player, pinning the arms and driving them head first into the turf.

I get the AFL want to avoid head injuries but it’s hard to deny Duggan’s action didn’t contribute to losing his balance and the severity of his fall, therefore = accidental outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first impression which hasn’t changed is that Duggan tried to roll Cameron around his body to break the tackle, but ended up losing balance and fell back.

It’s not the same as grabbing a player, pinning the arms and driving them head first into the turf.

I get the AFL want to avoid head injuries but it’s hard to deny Duggan’s action didn’t contribute to losing his balance and the severity of his fall, therefore = accidental outcome.
And yet this Lisa Hannon who I can only assume has never played a game or even tackled anyone can’t see this or worse still was that three panel tribunal also couldn’t see what is plain as day which leads to the obvious assumption that they had already made their minds up before the hearing and weren’t open to any arguments or mitigating circumstances because they’d all essentially had their preconceived decision made before tonight?

So why wouldn’t Duggan come out and say something or can we only assume he 100% blames Charlie for his concussion?

The AFL declared a few years ago that testimony from the ‘victim’ was not to be accepted as evidence in tribunal cases.

And yeah, it’s a bit harsh to take a shot at Duggan when…

1. He didn’t do anything wrong either (the “football incident” door swings both ways)
2. He’s suffering from concussion
3. Two other Eagles players came out in support of Charlie today.

So why wouldn’t Duggan come out and say something or can we only assume he 100% blames Charlie for his concussion?
Who knows? I don't and you don't. Maybe he's still feeling the impacts of the concussion. But in the absense of any shred of evidence you decide to assume the worst of somebody. Classy.

The AFL declared a few years ago that testimony from the ‘victim’ was not to be accepted as evidence in tribunal cases.

And yeah, it’s a bit harsh to take a shot at Duggan when…

1. He didn’t do anything wrong either (the “football incident” door swings both ways)
2. He’s suffering from concussion
3. Two other Eagles players came out in support of Charlie today.
I was simply referring to him publicly commenting acknowledging that testimony from players in his position are banned from giving evidence in tribunal hearings which in itself is ludicrous.

The AFL are hell bent on just suspending players for football acts yet weirdly condoning non football acts such as striking and then more oddly throwing the book at someone for saying a word not to their liking.

The AFL administration really are out of touch.

And yet this Lisa Hannon who I can only assume has never played a game or even tackled anyone can’t see this or worse still was that three panel tribunal also couldn’t see what is plain as day which leads to the obvious assumption that they had already made their minds up before the hearing and weren’t open to any arguments or mitigating circumstances because they’d all essentially had their preconceived decision made before tonight?
It's her job to argue the case made by the MRO, not be objective. I don't like it, but this is the way judicial processes work. If you want to rage against Michael Christian, Andrew Dillon and the AFL at large, I won't object. While you're at it, the general state of litigation and insurance industries can always use a bake.

Who knows? I don't and you don't. Maybe he's still feeling the impacts of the concussion. But in the absense of any shred of evidence you decide to assume the worst of somebody. Classy.
So you don’t agree that most of these players bringing lawsuits against the AFL aren’t facetious knowing there is a pot of gold on the offering when they all knew the risks of playing the game, that is, the same game suburban footballers with the same symptoms will never see a dime?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back