Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldy stays out if max is indeed out. Same set up as the previous week, let Draper ruck solo against a potential Fullarton or make shift ruckman in McDonald or something like that.
Not sure what other options they have?
Maybe Heppell in for hind
With Heppell or Perko to be the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
van rooyan will get minutes most likely

It'll be Fullarton, they probably bring Jefferson in as a KPF to cover JVR in case he needs to play significant ruck minutes.

More time with him not in the forward line is a good thing
to be fair - i don't think he really had a defender on him. i was listening the ABC broadcast and zach tuohey made a good point. might be misquoting but it was essentially "he's difficult to play on because he's tall but agile." which i think we'd likely have covered as mckay is by no means a lumbering oaf, but it'd be handy having him out of the 50

We will never have a better opportunity to have a good win over the Dees as we do this week. No Pretracca, Gawn out and Oliver is well down on form. Ess coming off an 8 day break, Melbourne in a false lull after believing everything is better against one of the worst sides in the comp! Weather looks good for this week as well. Forget the win, time to fill our socks! Time to get the fwd connection working. Start to freshen up players, Heppel in for Cox, Hind for Gresham. Archie as sub! Not getting too far ahead but I suspect no Rankine when we play the crows the week after! Biggest July for this club in 20 years coming up, a real chance to have a crack at this season. I am a big believer anybody on their day can beat any other side in the comp at the moment, why not us! Go you good things!

My post weekend thoughts, after VFL game:

In: Dyson Heppell
Out: Archie Perkins

My expected changes for them:

In: Tom Fullarton
Out: Max Gawn

Melbourne vs Essendon

FB: Andrew McGrath - Ben McKay - Jake Kelly

FF: Kysaiah Pickett - Jacob vab Rooyen - Kade Chandler
HB: Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Jordan Ridley
HF: Bayley Fritach - Daniel Turner - Jake Melksham
MF: Xavier Duursma - Jye Caldwell - Harrison Jones
MF: Caleb Windsor - Jack Viney - Ed Langdon
HF: Kyle Langford - Nate Caddy - Jade Gresham
HB: Christian Salem - Tom McDonald - Trent Rivers
FF: Matt Guelfi - Peter Wright - Jake Stringer
FB: Judd McVee - Steven May - Jake Lever
OB: Sam Draper - Sam Durham - Zach Merrett
OB: Tom Fullarton - Clayton Oliver - Tom Sparrow
IC: Dyson Heppell - Nik Cox - Dylan Shiek - Nic Martin
IC: Koltyn Tholstrup - Alex Neal-Bullen - Jake Bowey - Andy Moniz-Wakefield
TS: Nick Hind
TS: Taj Woewodin

If we can’t beat them with Gawn and Petracca out to quite an ex coach..I’ll spew up!!
Plus the ghost of Oliver running around for them. The expectation certainly ramps up a notch.

Teams generally want to prove they are not reliant on their stars. I fully anticipate the Dees will be up and about and we’ll need to be at full tilt regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My post weekend thoughts, after VFL game:

In: Dyson Heppell
Out: Archie Perkins

My expected changes for them:

In: Tom Fullarton
Out: Max Gawn

Melbourne vs Essendon

FB: Andrew McGrath - Ben McKay - Jake Kelly

FF: Kysaiah Pickett - Jacob vab Rooyen - Kade Chandler
HB: Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Jordan Ridley
HF: Bayley Fritach - Daniel Turner - Jake Melksham
MF: Xavier Duursma - Jye Caldwell - Harrison Jones
MF: Caleb Windsor - Jack Viney - Ed Langdon
HF: Kyle Langford - Nate Caddy - Jade Gresham
HB: Christian Salem - Tom McDonald - Trent Rivers
FF: Matt Guelfi - Peter Wright - Jake Stringer
FB: Judd McVee - Steven May - Jake Lever
OB: Sam Draper - Sam Durham - Zach Merrett
OB: Tom Fullarton - Clayton Oliver - Tom Sparrow
IC: Dyson Heppell - Nik Cox - Dylan Shiek - Nic Martin
IC: Koltyn Tholstrup - Alex Neal-Bullen - Jake Bowey - Andy Moniz-Wakefield
TS: Nick Hind
TS: Taj Woewodin
Also depends if Melksham has an issue with the MRO as well.

I'd like to bring Hind into the 22. Tough one Perkins I feel like despite his bad form he's at least strong in the contest and works hard to play his role for the side so think he's still in our best side especially when you compare him to our other HFF options. That being said for his development and just the integrity of selection I can see merit in dropping him.

I still think Cox will be a player but think its best for the side and his footy if he gets some consistency in the VFL so he's the one I'd drop for Heppell.

No excuses really. Nice run of games at the G (4th out of last 5). You'd think they would have gained a fair bit of confidence from the weekend. Langford looks fit and ready to fire again. 2mp looked better. Duursma back to full speed. Draper too. Hopefully things starting to click.

He is as close to Simon Madden as you’ll get. Still miles off Madden but very handy out for us.
I’m at the point where I have to concede that Gawn might be the better ruckman, however, Madden remains the better player overall taking into account his forward nous and the eye-candy high marking during his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back